Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Only in Mexico......

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Only in Mexico......

Thought that I would share something I saw this morning. Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me.
I was sitting near the door of a restaurant having breakfast with my buddy when I happened to look out and saw a guy floating up. This intrigued both of us so went outside to take a closer look. A large boom truck had driven up and was hoisting a guy up by using a small nylon sling attached to the hook. The guy was sitting in the sling and hanging on to the hook. He was deposited on to the second story roof where he used the same sling to bring down a gas tank. Then after the tank was on the truck they brought him down, again sitting in the sling.
My buddy is an American and went back to our breakfast, shaking his head and saying: "Now I have seen everything".
Did anyone mention safety rules or safety ropes? What's that?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it there is no Mex/Osha
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
It kinda makes me thankful I can refuse to do something I deem to be unsafe.

Although, some of the things I did on the job really weren't safe either. I'm older, wiser (I think) and move a little slower.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mexstan. how did you make out on the pontoon spray boat.
Clark
Old 04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by darkvader
Hi Mexstan. how did you make out on the pontoon spray boat.
Clark
It's on hold at the moment. It may be dead but we are working on it. We ran into a huge problem that nobody anticepated. It appears that if we go to some of the larger bodies of water here in Mexico that have a water hyacinthe problem, that the people who are presently employed to continuously cut the weed out will see us as coming to take away their jobs. If we take away their jobs, they kill us or our families. Simple!
The Mexican army will protect us and the equipment on the job, but then it means that we will need 7/24 guards on our homes and families and none of us involved want to live like that. There may be a way around all this, but it is taking time.
Only in Mexico?