Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The official 2017 Christmas break room and gift exchange 21/24 to12/30

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
The official 2017 Christmas break room and gift exchange 21/24 to12/30

Time to put on your best cheery faces and ugly sweaters and greet your friends, families, and neighbors with the joy of God in your hearts. Put the dog in the back yard and the cat in the garage. Water down the booze and thin the nutmeg in the eggnog. Break out last years fruit cake and put an extra roll of TP in the bathroom. Find that card table and folding chairs for the kids. So this is Christmas, I hope you have fun.
In the mean time,,, the GOOD eggnog is on the counter along with some real Alaska coffee and assorted flavored creamers. Some real fruit cake from moms old recipe. Assorted seasonal cookies and pastries. And, some reindeer sausage and moose cheese fresh from the far north. And some steak and eggs withe your choice of sides like pancakes, hash browns, biscuits and sausage gravy, all kinds of toast with real butter and jams.
I have a busy night planned so I'll see you in the morning.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow Coug - - you did a number on us. I see so much stuff laid out here I don't know where to start. Fruit cake sounds good and those cookies look delightful. These are all fat-free - - - right? Had a big breakfast 8 hours ago, so will pass on that stuff - - but it sure looks good. Might have to taste reindeer sausage - - - that is a new one. And Mouse cheese???? Oooopppss, sorry, that is Moose cheese. Still, what is that? New one also.

Wifey is home for a couple hours baking a pie and preparing a meal for the two of us and her sister. Sad Christmas - - last one we will spend with sis. She has been coming to our house for this for many years. Everyone else has deserted us. Under the circumstances, we encouraged it.

So, we both wish all a Merry Christmas and may God fill your homes with the reality of His Son, Jesus Christ. Wow, what an amazing story of His love, the story of Christmas.

Bob
Old 12-24-2017, 04:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Extreme cold warning ⚠️
Minus Infinity or -45F windchills

ho Oh no
Old 12-25-2017, 05:44 AM

YO HO HO and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Hot doggies - - we made it. Hey Scotty - - just watching strong man contest from Botswana while I was getting dressed. The American, Brian Shaw took this first section of events. Amazing what you guys do. Two pulled out due to shoulder problems - - - hmmmm, sounds familiar from a friend of mine. Hope you are doing better.

Breakfast is laid out - - lighter fare cuz ya don't wanna mess up for what is coming later today. Apple juice, orange juice, coffee, ph00, hot chocolate for you in the real warm areas like Alaska and Canada. Scrambled eggs, grits, venison sausage, rabbit toast (raisin - - think about it!!!), waffle batter in the container in the fridge and cooker up on the counter along with either maple syrup or blueberry.

Heading over to sis-in-laws to be with my wife for today. Miss her around here. Not fun right now - - all family members are all over the country today. Just us three - - lonely. We still have the "reason for the season" with us - - that is what counts most.

Y'all have a wonderful day with lots of neat presents, but mostly each other. Enjoy it - - could be very different next year - - we never know so make the most of it.

Bob
Old 12-25-2017, 07:07 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
WOW!!!! Bob, yuh dun exceedingly gud!!!!! I pigged out yesterday and now you start my day with all these delicious temptations!!!!! Where do I start ........?

Our family down here traditionally have the Christmas family gathering at my house on Dec 24 which allows them on Christmas day to then go to their extended families. We had a full house yesterday and all left with full bellies. Today it is just my wife and I, but that is OK. Life goes on as it should.

We had another gorgeous day here yesterday and today will be the same. I see that some of you up north and further north are going to get dumped on and frozen up. I feel bad for you, but that is what drove me down south and away from the bundling up and shoveling.

Enjoy the day and remember that this day is the reason for the season. Even although much of the world is against Christians, they cannot deny that the birth of Jesus Christ changed everything - even the calendar that is used all over the world. Like it or not, but Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas from central Mexico.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I’m sharing a Special Gift 💝 our friends are receiving.
Bruce has been on the list for a heart transplant.
they got the call last night and I heard the helicopter! Didn’t know it was for them but I knew it was.

They had 90 min to be in the Sky en route to Edmonton.

prayers please for them and the family that lost a loved one for this Gift.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:08 AM

Prayers for Bruce, all the best for you!
Thanks anyway, already had my breakfast. An Alaskan waffle with salmon berry ice cream (it's an Alaska thing). The coffee is great though!
Undecided on what to do today with a chance of snow. May go out to the cabin or nap with the kitty. Trying to fix the wife's computer has me worn out.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:27 PM
Top's Younger Twin

So far so good
He survived the surgery
Old 12-26-2017, 06:55 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Para...., oops, better not tease you today as I know that some of you are battling lousy weather. Shoveling even......

You will be relieved that I have decided NOT to make you coffee for the rest of the year. Not sure about next year yet. Ph00 is ready. Left a treat on the counter – some South African food. Needed to put the dragon on a short leash as it badly wanted to scoff all of what I left there. It is a variety of biltong plus a few feet of boerewors. Probably 99% of you have never heard of this, so do some research. I grew up eating this on a regular basis and still love the stuff. No, you cannot get it from your regular food store, so in most cases will need to order it. There is also a bowl of range fed eggs next to the bowl of warm boerewors. So cook up some eggs the way you like them and tuck into that delicious boerewors. That will keep you going until lunch.

Scottie, I did pray for Bruce as soon as you posted about that situation. Prayed today too.

Time to get my day rolling. Ciao.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Bruce is doing well.
nurses sang him Christmas Carols.
Lots in front of him.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:29 AM

Decided to nap with the cat.
Zero this AM, need to summon up the courage to go out to the cabin and do some work before moving in. Got some new locks for the doors and earthquake straps for the oil stove and water heater. Need to fix the big doors on the storage connex so I can start using it. Need to find a good sized snow blower, sold the other when I thought we where moving south.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Bruce is doing well.
nurses sang him Christmas Carols.
Lots in front of him.
Wow, Scott -- amazing. Prayed for, then could not get off my mind what the significance of that operation must be. I was amazed when they showed me what they did to me with one stent and triple bypass. But, remove the heart and put in another one - - mine was chicken feed compared to that. All the things that could go wrong is mind boggling. Keep us posted.

Hey gang, happy day after. UUUUHHHHH, what is this stuff on the counter. You left this behind, Stan? Want me to bag it up and leave it in the fridge for you - - sorry you forgot it.

I put some ph00 on - - - -ummm, smell it all ready. Grabbing a cup and run - - lots going on around here - - can't keep up and more company coming. ......................
Old 12-26-2017, 06:00 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Good evening friends... trust all had a most wonderful Christmas with friends or family... I will be praying for the chap that had the heart transplant... it is amazing what doctors can do these days... just had a lady in our church go through double lung transplant... ultimately life, death, and health are in the hand of God for which reason we pray and will continue to

God bless each if you
Old 12-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Things are touch and go right now.

His heart is struggling to maintain rhythm and his kidneys aren’t functioning properly. He’s on a respirator and they’re doing a few tweaks to help normalize.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:35 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Morning all.
It is a nice brisk [-15F*] morning here with a clear sky.
Coffee and water for tea on the counter.
Bacon in the oven and fresh eggs next to the frying pan for make you own. There is a rack of English muffins next to the toaster. I will let Stan bring the fruit if he shows up. Its is always more exciting when he does it.
I am headed out with the dogs to stoke the fire in the outdoor stove.
I am hoping to stay in the warm shop and be able to wrench on my own '91 Dodge today.

Hoping for the best for Bruce -that sounds like quite the parts swapping. It puts my truck swapping parts "problems" in perspective though.

Quick Reply: The official 2017 Christmas break room and gift exchange 21/24 to12/30