Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

No More Great American Racing....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No More Great American Racing....

Well, starting in 2007, Nascar will no longer be great American racing...It'll be "OK American/Japanise Racing"... I for one am ticked off about this...

The car will be a 2007 Toyota Camery...

Anyone got an opinion on this?

Mike
Old 05-06-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota camrys are manufactured in the United States. The Chevrolet model made it an international sport as they are manufactured in Cananda, all those jobs from the big three going north and south of our borders, yet the japanese companies are bringing more jobs here. I would say the hooray for the American car entering the contest.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:11 PM

Whats so wrong with Toyota entering Nascar nextel cup? They already do craftsman truck series. Also, they make a heck of great line of vehicles and provides thousands of Americans with jobs.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Banned

I know, but thats the one AMERICAN tridition we have left, and i just hate to see that go..
Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered

i think ill go with iker on this one. id rather keep it the big 3 instead.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I'm old school too........Big Three for me.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:42 PM

well are you guys NASCAR fans?

this is just wrong and i would like to see how many people stop watching if they add the toyota in there, i wont watch as much.
i dont care what anyone says NASCAR is an American sport! and a car assembled in the US isnt the same the people who own them are across seas,not to say they arent good far producing jobs but thier NOT American.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

I dunno. My next vehicle most likely won't be a big three. I've been treated like crap at the dodge dealers for being young, nobody builds a vehicle worth a darn, and they all try and get out of their warranty's without even trying. My 18 year old sister can take her used and wrecked infiniti to any dealership and they'll give her a rental car (gave her a Q45 one time), warranty anything even after the wreck, and not try and get out of anything for any reason. Our 94 4runner never once went into the shop for anything. Nothing. And like elandon1201 said, at least the camry is made in America. Most of the big 3 ships their stuff out overseas. I say let them run. The tundra has proven itself as a great truck and the camry has proven itself as a great car and I think it's time they get recognized.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:08 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 3500Dooly
well are you guys NASCAR fans?

this is just wrong and i would like to see how many people stop watching if they add the toyota in there, i wont watch as much.
i dont care what anyone says NASCAR is an American sport! and a car assembled in the US isnt the same the people who own them are across seas,not to say they arent good far producing jobs but thier NOT American.
Gee, then all those German manufactured Dodges in the cup will have to go as well? What about the truck you drive? Come on guys. Give me a break. It's a world economy now. Get used to it. It's not going to change anytime soon unless we go out with a good sized Gobal Thermonuclear War.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:34 PM
JKM

Whats the difference!? the cars are all basically IDENTICLE , they have to fit the templates , they use house engines , trannys , etc , there will only be one thing TOYOTA on that car , and it will be the name , it's just a sponsor , let it be would ya's!?
Old 05-06-2006, 11:44 PM

Toyota....in NASCAR?.............. PPPUUUEEECCCH!
(carrots,peas,gravy,yech!)
Old 05-07-2006, 12:19 AM

JKM,
House engines? Please explain what that means.
Does Dodge actually use Dodge engines? Chevy use Chevy's, Ford,etc,etc?
What is Toyota going to use? I always assumed overhead cams were not allowed.
Does Toyota make a push rod OHV V-8?
I heard once that all Nascar teams use the same basic engine, what's the scoop?
Old 05-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Banned

IIRC, every engine is pretty much a 350 chevy with the same parts and tuning. Now there are small differences among each team but the basic engine is a 350 chevy.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry ya'll, gotta go with the big three here. What does NASCAR stand for again? That's like singing the national anthem in spanish to me. OOPS, there goes this one. Don't ask my opinion on that one.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:27 AM

Well, it hasn't been "stock" car racing for a long time IMO. I watch a bit now and then but haven't followed it regularly for years. As far as I'm concerned, they need to go down to the dealer and order their cars at the beginning of the season, take them home and replace the glass with lexan, tune them within the limits of the rules, and then take them out and see who wins. None of this tube chassis and sheet metal junk. Guess that's why I end up at the local track more often than I end up watching nascar on cable. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quick Reply: No More Great American Racing....