Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New breakroom June 29 - July 5

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:17 AM

Received 417 Likes on 319 Posts
Mornin kids. My job is done in Oregon so I get to go home today.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:30 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning chickens!! well, it sounded that way....nice to have a lot of folks chime in!!

Post! everyone is welcome, no cliques here- just say hi or pick on the janitor!!! Hi to super ed (MISTER AND erson ) like the movie The Matrix!!!

Glad for the upbeat theme, everyone take their fill of good.

blackberry/vanilla tea and mandarin oranges for breakfast. keeping calm today: summoned by the lovely Social Security office (90 miles one way)
to prove I am not in the country illegally. despite last trip with DD 214 Army
discharge, US passport, adoption papers, school records, utility and bank statements...... they won't tell me what country I am supposed to be from nor have any documents to back up their position.

endless progression for working one month over the limit, they stopped paying me despite no argument on my disabilities. WOT A COUNTRY as the comic used to say

want to sit there and pretend to not understand English but that would not go over well......if I didn't have a sense of humor, I'd have projectiles.

happy dance to Shorts, you know we would all join in. tell the janitor that a speedo is not half a bikini.......SEE SOME LEGGGGS!!

Good thoughts and hugs sent to those needing some!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan

Actually Lary, the week started yesterday. Before you "started" the new breakroom. Do try to keep up youngster!
This is true however I meant the "Work" week.....but technically you got me
Old 06-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning to the gang. All sounds well this morning. Very nice day up here yesterday. Went to church in Anchorage yesterday - - they put on a VERY good patriotic presentation complete with 80 voice choir, full dress for current military and great costumes for past year participants. It was very impressive and moving. Made me proud to be an American and disgusted with some things that are happening in our country. Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) was the speaker, several state senators and officials there and the place had very few empty seats. Great morning.

Originally Posted by Scotty
State of emergency back home. Heavy rains/flooding. Very bad. Roads gone. Homes gone. So far I haven't heard anything negative for our home.
Over 6" and still raining.
Sure glad you held this off while I came thru there. Don't need that. They had major flooding in Denali couple days ago with helicopter evacuation of people from a lodge back in about 65 miles into the park.

Shorts, sorry you didn't like our wonderful state of Florida. I think different circumstances would have changed your mind. Plus, the gentle, soft side of the state would have helped. Quite different on the west side of Florida. Anyhow, hold it together and press on to what you know is right.

OK, grabbing my ph00 and . ., . .. and . . .. . WHAT PH00????? Hey Stan, doesn't that wonderful coffee have a ph00 version???? LOL Oh well, fresh ph00 is on, grabbing mine and out of here. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bob
Old 06-30-2014, 04:43 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Just stopped by to say Howdy!

State of emergency back home. Heavy rains/flooding. Very bad. Roads gone. Homes gone.
So far I haven't heard anything negative for our home. Over 6" and still raining.
Still raining there. Just noticed that state of emergency declared in Melville and Yorkton. Hope it lets up soon.
`
Old 06-30-2014, 04:43 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
This is true however I meant the "Work" week.....but technically you got me

Heh-heh, I knew what you meant, but you handed an opportunity to me, so quickly took it.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Morning to the gang. All sounds well this morning. Very nice day up here yesterday. Went to church in Anchorage yesterday - - they put on a VERY good patriotic presentation complete with 80 voice choir, full dress for current military and great costumes for past year participants. It was very impressive and moving. Made me proud to be an American and disgusted with some things that are happening in our country. Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) was the speaker, several state senators and officials there and the place had very few empty seats. Great morning.

OK, grabbing my ph00 and . ., . .. and . . .. . WHAT PH00????? Hey Stan, doesn't that wonderful coffee have a ph00 version???? LOL Oh well, fresh ph00 is on, grabbing mine and out of here. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Bob

Bob, that service sounds very impressive. Would have liked to be there myself. Franklin is getting pretty good. Unfortunately there are more and more things to be disgusted about with your country, starting with your liar-in-chief. Was going to say chief liar, but he has so much competition that I no longer know who is the chief liar.

As for the Ph00, I was going to make it early, but that stuff never stays fresh for very long, so left it for the late comers to make, but lazy bums that they are, .......... well, had better leave it at that.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Heh-heh, I knew what you meant, but you handed an opportunity to me, so quickly took it.
Yepper....I stood on the rim of the fox hole and gave you clear kill shot
Old 06-30-2014, 05:54 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Totallyrad

State of emergency back home. Heavy rains/flooding. Very bad. Roads gone. Homes gone. So far I haven't heard anything negative for our home.
Over 6" and still raining.
Sounds bad out there. Keeping yall in my thoughts.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Mornin' all. You may all relax now, I'm back.
And things are getting right in the world again. I admit, Iwas a little aimless in the morning not having the normal routine.

Got my truck back on Saturday and it sure looks purdy. Actually it looks like new again. It was not that bad when I sent it for a complete makeover at the beauty parlor, but now that it is completely cleaned up and polished it looks different. Already had nice comments about it. The new shocks are en route to me and will be here in a couple of days and once those are in, the truck will be almost better than new.

Hope the rest of you have an outstanding day.
Shiny! Bet it feels especially good driving around.

Originally Posted by cougar
Mornin kids. My job is done in Oregon so I get to go home today.
Smooth ride home, it'll feel good.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
blackberry/vanilla tea and mandarin oranges for breakfast. keeping calm today: summoned by the lovely Social Security office (90 miles one way)
to prove I am not in the country illegally. despite last trip with DD 214 Army
discharge, US passport, adoption papers, school records, utility and bank statements...... they won't tell me what country I am supposed to be from nor have any documents to back up their position.
endless progression for working one month over the limit, they stopped paying me despite no argument on my disabilities. WOT A COUNTRY as the comic used to say

want to sit there and pretend to not understand English but that would not go over well......if I didn't have a sense of humor, I'd have projectiles.

happy dance to Shorts, you know we would all join in. tell the janitor that a speedo is not half a bikini.......SEE SOME LEGGGGS!!

Good thoughts and hugs sent to those needing some!!! [/QUOTE]

Gosh, I'd laugh if it didn't sound like such a pain in the rear for you.
But don't worry, I don't think the govt is deporting. They'll just bus you down here to TX or AZ. I'll pick you up fro the bus station, just let me know

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Sounds like a great occassion to be a part of. I haven't heard Franklin Graham preach, but I did see Billy Graham in San Antonio when he did a date at the AlamoDome. I was a Senior in High School and our youth group went. Still can't believe that I can say that, especially now that he's getting up there, I saw Billy Graham preach.

Shorts, sorry you didn't like our wonderful state of Florida. I think different circumstances would have changed your mind. Plus, the gentle, soft side of the state would have helped. Quite different on the west side of Florida. Anyhow, hold it together and press on to what you know is right.
Bob
Oh Bob, no, it isn't the whole state. There's some things about FL that have grown on me. What I meant that I won't miss is the intense humidity. Last week my hair looked like a Q-tip that had been rubbed in the sidewalk
Old 06-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Steady calls and texts rolling in from friends and family back home that haven't been as lucky as us with the flooding. Real big mess there. We're in the mtns east of salt lake city now.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Prayers sent your way O' Twinner O' mine
Old 06-30-2014, 09:33 PM
DTR Mom

so sorry for you Plain/Mountain guys! pics look bad. Ontario Canada has sent the RCMP contingents over=must be bad. God watch over those in harm's way...

Great Day! who I secretly called the angry blonde official actually turned out to have common sense today. she read the SS forms and applications and made her own rules. I did not have to go through another pointless round of hearings; and she made another rule and wrote both on SSA forms to end my persecution. It was wonderful to see her write out the facts and use SSA forms for the Baltimore processing office to hit the right buttons. 60 days to get everything right, so crossing my LEGGS!

fist bump and hug to ya Shorts! 1st day of trusting the world again....

made a dock and jumped/swam in the pond. perfect ending to this three year saga.... but no way did I speak Spanish, French or German....

trying to herd cats. new kitty keeps chasing killer cat. one owner thing.
stalking her actually, so I tried a dog training behavior control: leash up the aggressor. gently on harness, and with calm voice near cat's usual bed. kept the killer indoors tonight to actually become part of the pack .....

will see how it goes...will not allow an animal to dominate. this is MY house.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:40 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
made a dock and jumped/swam in the pond.
Apparently it must not be much of an insult to tell you to go jump in the lake.
`

To our Canadian friends,

Name:  happy-canada-day-1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  45.3 KB

Sorry about all the rain.

`
Old 07-01-2014, 06:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning DTROnians!.....Another day, another chance to do good for your fellow man

Fresh homemade Salsa in SniperStans honor to go on the eggs and chorizo.....fruit and oatmeal for those with the lighter diets along with hot coffee and Phoo of the month for TravelingBob...

Have a great day and remember when you wake up breathing, everything else is all good
Old 07-01-2014, 06:05 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning everybody.
Fresh coffee made plus fresh Ph00. Bob complained yesterday about no Ph00, so this morning made it just for him. Hope that it still has some semblance of freshness by the time he gets here.

Scotty, you must be pretty anxious being so far away from home, knowing that things are not so good up north. Will keep your situation in my prayers.

JWBM, are you sure you found the right office? I did not know that there were government officials that made sense and did things right. Wish your king knew how to think along these lines. How deep is that pond you jumped in to?

Shorts, you too are still in my prayers.

Cougar, by now you must be safely at home.

Got really furious yesterday. Discovered that my shocks that I was expecting today, had been sent by ground and not air. This means at least a week and maybe even two weeks that I now need to wait and can't drive my truck. By the time I discovered what had been done it was too late to make changes as they were enroute. Grrrrrr!!!!!

May the rest of the DTR bunch have a great day.

EDIT. I see that Lary and I posted almost at the same time. Sorry Lary, never saw you in the breakroom. You must have been preparing those goodies in the washroom. Now everybody has all the coffee and Ph00 they need for the day.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
And things are getting right in the world again. I admit, Iwas a little aimless in the morning not having the normal routine.
It's ok, most people have the same reaction.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
...fruit and oatmeal for those with the lighter diets...
What's with all this 'healthy' garbage lately? Put on the bacon and sausage! Where are the bagels and cream cheese? Who wants to live to 90 anyway? At that age you're so decrepit you can't DO anything anyhow, even if you ARE healthy. I may die at 60, but I'll have a belly full of the good stuff!

Big storms rolled thru during the nite, can't get here from anywhere and can't leave, on generator power prob'ly for the next week. This should be fun.

It is Tuesday, July 1st. Already! It'll be Christmas before you know it!

1847 - The U.S. Post Office issued its first adhesive stamps.

1862 - The U.S. Congress established the Bureau of Internal Revenue.

1863 - During the U.S. Civil War, the first day's fighting at Gettysburg began.

1867 - Canada became an independent dominion.

1898 - During the Spanish-American War, Theodore Roosevelt and his "Rough Riders" waged a victorious assault on San Juan Hill in Cuba.

1905 - The USDA Forest Service was created within the Department of Agriculture. The agency was given the mission to sustain healthy, diverse, and productive forests and grasslands for present and future generations.

1909 - Thomas Edison began commercially manufacturing his new "A" type alkaline storage batteries.

1916 - The massive Allied offensive known as the Battle of the Somme began in France. The battle was the first to use tanks.

1934 - The Federal Communications Commission replaced the Federal Radio Commission as the regulator of broadcasting in the United States.

1940 - In Washington, the Tacoma Narrows Bridge was opened to traffic. The bridge collapsed during a wind storm on November 7, 1940.

1943 - The U.S. Government began automatically withholding federal income tax from paychecks.

1945 - New York established the New York State Commission Against Discrimination to prevent discrimination in employment because of race, creed or natural origin. It was the first such agency in the U.S.

1946 - U.S. President Harry Truman signed Public Law 476 that incorporated the Civil Air Patrol as a benevolent, nonprofit organization. The Civil Air Patrol was created on December 1, 1941.

1946 - The U.S. exploded a 20-kiloton atomic bomb near Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.

1950 - American ground troops arrived in South Korea to stem the tide of the advancing North Korean army.

1961 - The first community air-raid shelter was built. The shelter in Boise, ID had a capacity of 1,000 people and family memberships sold for $100.

1963 - The U.S. postmaster introduced the five-digit ZIP (Zoning Improvement Plan) code.

1966 - The Medicare federal insurance program went into effect.

1979 - Susan B. Anthony was commemorated on a U.S. coin, the Susan B. Anthony dollar.

1979 - Sony introduced the Walkman.

1980 - U.S. President Jimmy Carter signed legislation that provided for 2 acres of land near the Lincoln Memorial for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

1987 - John Kevin Hill, at age 11, became the youngest to fly across the U.S. when he landed at National Airport in Washington, DC.

1999 - The U.S. Justice Department released new regulations that granted the attorney general sole power to appoint and oversee special counsels. The 1978 independent-counsel statute expired on June 30.

Today's thought:
As long as there's life, there's hope.

Coffee's a little weak Boss.

Quick Reply: New breakroom June 29 - July 5