Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New breakroom June 29 - July 5

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Discovered that my shocks that I was expecting today, had been sent by ground and not air. This means at least a week and maybe even two weeks that I now need to wait and can't drive my truck. By the time I discovered what had been done it was too late to make changes as they were enroute.
Stan, Stan, Stan. Do I hafta take you by the hand and walk you thru this?

Call the company and order new ones. Have them shipped next day air. When you get them in hand, dispute the charges for the next day air as it was THEIR screw up not yours, and there-fore you shouldn't be paying to make things right. Don't return the ground shipped shocks until you get the next day air charges resolved, but dispute the original shocks with your credit card company right away until everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

I absolutely can't stand it when people refuse to pay attention and follow directions!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa

Coffee's a little weak Boss.
I was afraid that might happen....I bought REAL coffee filters and tossed out your old gym socks that we had been using.....certainly changes the quality of the brew and the over all flavor...I miss the old locker room smell we used to get when making coffee around here
Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Stan, Stan, Stan. Do I hafta take you by the hand and walk you thru this?

Call the company and order new ones. Have them shipped next day air. When you get them in hand, dispute the charges for the next day air as it was THEIR screw up not yours, and there-fore you shouldn't be paying to make things right. Don't return the ground shipped shocks until you get the next day air charges resolved, but dispute the original shocks with your credit card company right away until everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

I absolutely can't stand it when people refuse to pay attention and follow directions!

Done. Email sent, so now will wait and see what they do. They are in located in Commifornia, so are 2 hours behind me.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Done. Email sent, so now will wait and see what they do. They are in located in Commifornia, so are 2 hours behind me.
Call them Stan...they can always say they didn't get or notice the email for a day or two...by calling them you then have phone records that you called and the email becomes further proof showing your Credit Card company that you made every effort to resolve the issue in a reasonable manner

Good Luck!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:26 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning all

Cream gravy with pork sausage and buttermilk biscuits on the counter for thise who like to actually EAT

Today's word is inspired by recent events

hypocrisy[ hi-pok-ruh-see ]
noun [plural hy·poc·ri·sies.]
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

Example: it is pure hypocrisy to claim you don't believe in birth control due to your devote religious beliefs, while investing your company's retirement plan in the company's that produce contraceptives.

Grumpy mood today , I need a donut
Old 07-01-2014, 09:28 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning Chris and lookers!

All caution and good fortune to ya Scotty, even to getting together with your family.

funny- so good phoo and coffee then off to the should-be-banned breakroom bathroom. I'm plumbing in a ladies room off of the dragon's hot tub....

Bark, funny you should say that....spoke affirmatively when the other occupant blew dust all over my project then asked if I would join him for a swim. truer words were never uttered.... no hypocrisy there.....

Sorry Stan, that delay doth vacuum....

taking a day to reflect, got to pay it forward. maybe I'll call the janitor.....

naw!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Good side of the flooding is i had two 2" pumps with 40' of hose and a generator. They are being well used.
In a city of 200,000 we are under a few restrictions. Use less water as its not treated perfectly and the sewer systems are overwhelmed.
I've seen and heard far too much hypocrisy in the usa this trip.

Common sense is a rare commodity.

Sad.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Morning.
Looks like every one has been let out of their respective chute on a bull's back. lol Yall hang on, we'll get through.

Had the first moving rep come through this morning. Another coming tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:22 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Heidi,

May I suggest that you look into plumbing one of those fancy Japanese Toto toilets? They're all the rage with the women. Seats that are heated and go up and down automatically, adjustible bidet squirters that provide massage (don't ask ), blow dry apparatus, air freshener dispenser, remote control and there are even some with auto seatcover changers!!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:25 PM

Good suggestion ^^. I did like our robotoilet in Japan. I liked the seat warmer, was nice on a cold morning. Although don't think about that feature too long, it makes you imagine someone else has been sitting there a while
Old 07-01-2014, 01:28 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

^^^ True, but the seats do have an anti-bacterial feature... well, not entirely comforting, but a start!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:31 PM

lol it is.

Another tip, don't stand with your face over the toilet while pushing buttons if you don't know what they stay.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:34 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Good thing it is self-cleaning... huh?
Old 07-01-2014, 01:39 PM

lol yup. The JP invent some neat stuff.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:55 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

If only they could invent something for Bark?

Like shrew incubators, LEGG coverings and the like....

Quick Reply: New breakroom June 29 - July 5