Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Need help with computer ASAP.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help with computer ASAP.

I need some computer help ASAP. I bought a new laptop computer a couple months ago. Somewhere in there the thing just started playing music. If I turn the speakers on music comes out at random. Some nites not at all and some nites just a few seconds every once in a while. Tonight it wont stop. Its almost like its some online radio station but I have never heard anyone talk its just random music. It usaly something soft like a mix between gospel and country. Could it be comming in on my wireles card? I have a wireles router in the other room that brodcasts to my computer. Could it be picking up some other garbage and transmitting it to to my computer?
I have no idea where it is comming from. I am not computer smart at all. It has Vista thats abought all I know abouth it. Ime the type that if I fire it up and it goes to the internet great, if not then someone else needs to fix it.

Help me make it stop.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
start with hovering over all the icons near the clock in the task bar. is there any form of media player there or anything that is unusual?
second. on your start menu, filter it startup (vista) or start - programs - startup (xp) and let me know whats listed there.

Your wireless network is all digital, you cant pick up a stray radio station there.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. I dont know how to filter it at startup let alone what that means. As soon as I posted this the music stopped. I am gona have to get one of my computer savy buddies to look at it. Knowing my luck it already has a cold virus or something.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:52 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My wife's laptop did this to her a while back, somehow your media was accessed, and is playing the library samples that the laptop came with.

Go into each of your media options until you find it.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on vista windows, you have a "search" box at the bottom of your start menu. as you type in there, it filters your start menu. the startup folder is where some programs put a link to start when you log into windows .