Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Murphy's law

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 08:56 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
Angry Murphy's law

Happy new year all. For me 2020 isn't quite over yet, still picking up the pieces of so many minor to major things gone wrong. Got my computer working again, but lost most of my contacts and log ins. My iphone is toast, lost everything on it. Put my SIM card in my wife's iphone so at least my phone number worked, replacement in the mail. My well quit. That was a simple inexpensive fix. The line to my septic tank froze causing other damage to the system that will have to be fixed come spring. That won't be cheep. Mr Morris had to have emergency surgery. He is slowly getting back to his normal grouchy self less some teeth. And I spent 2 weeks in the hospital thank to my diverticulitis. Unemployment ran out so no income. Still no job so I signed up for social security. Still waiting on that to kick in.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:24 AM

Received 341 Likes on 240 Posts
Good to finally hear from you, sounds like 2020 really "kicked" your butt and hopefully everything will start to get better from here.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:16 AM

All I can say is I'm glad I signed up for Medicade after I got laid off. I wish I hadn't put off home owners insurance.
Kudos to Trend Micro, HP, ASUS, and MTA. They helped me get my computer running again using an earlier image. Microsoft was not help. They are all trying to figure out what trojan horse it was and how it got past several layers of security. My modem, router, and Microsoft accounts have been reset. Different IP, login, and passwords. The hacker changed my ID and that is what screwed up my phone. Still fighting with them on fixing it. It started like this and you may want to check your computers. Itunes said there was an update for my phone. When I ran it it said insufficient memory, back up data and clear apps and data. That's when my phone stopped working. It kept saying my ID or password was incorrect even after I reset my password. Started doing some computer maintenance, updates, cleaning, etc. Checked "network" and found a strange computer "Doug's Desktop" logged in on my home network. When I tried to ID it it disappeared. After restarting, my computer wouldn't even boot up. It was still under warranty so it went in for repairs. All the above mentioned are involved. Got my computer back yesterday. I ordered an Android phone to replace the iphone.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:09 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Oh man Coug, if it were not for bad luck, you would have no luck at all. Sure hope that things turn around for the better for you this year and that you soon get back to work with a well paying job that you enjoy.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:42 AM

I'm not optimistic for reasons I'd rather not go into.