Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mother's Day breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Whew - - busy day - - I hear ya Stan - - me tired tooooo. zzzzzzzzzz

Oooppss, better wake up and do something - OK, cup of ph00.....................................yah00

Worked all day and got a lot done. Getting ready for an influx of company from several states. They are making their reservations. ................ and no RV to set out for them this year. Gee, I miss that thing. Hmmm?????

OK, refill and get out of here..............................
Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hey John, glad to see you posting again as you have been MIA. Hope that everything is going well for you and your large family.

Your report on that gen set was almost painful to read. Does that generator guy still have a job? That preventable mishap sounds very expensive. Bet that there is no insurance for this kind of thing.
I filed a witness report with the CEO of the tank company. He responded that they will not accept a repair on this unit. Pull it off the pedestal and install another one.

This whole job has been a mess.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:19 PM

Wow, business has been terrible in here today. More of this and we will have to go Chapter 11.

Gorgeous, but warm day here. Some clouds but no rain - - and we need it to kill the fires burning near here. Got lots done today - - feel better. Lots of stuff in the garbage - - good boy, Bob.

No coffee or ph00 and too late, so will run away thirsty - - and lonely - - and tired - - - and - - - - forget it. ............
Old 05-19-2017, 07:46 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning. echo, echo,echo, echo. Like Bob said; business has been terrible in here. More of this and we will have to go Chapter 11.

Found the coffee pot with some solidified mass in it that will not wash out, so made fresh coffee on top of it. The ph00 pot was not quite so bad, but has some greenish stuff growing around the edges. Washed that out (sort of) and made fresh ph00. No sense in leaving any goodies. Fed and watered the dragon. It is looking kinda dragony, so maybe it is lonely.

Still hot down here. Very unusual.

Ciao
Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
The ph00 pot was not quite so bad, but has some greenish stuff growing around the edges. Washed that out (sort of) and made fresh ph00. Still hot down here. Very unusual.
SORT OF???? SORT OF???? What kind of statement is that? Sniff - sniff -- smells good - - - taste taste - - - well, smell normal and taste is good sooooo........pouring myself a mug of ph00 and hope I am not sorry. .....

Been hot here too, Stan. The highest temp ever recorded in Sarasota records is 101 - - done that twice. Both times I think were in August - - the most normal time for that to happen here. Wednesday we hit 100, breaking the record for the day and almost meeting the high record. This is May - - - DUH. We are in a dry spell, low humidity, lots of fires, some quite large popping up. We have prediction of some rain for late today - - yes, please, not just a sprinkle - - a couple inches for each of the next several days would be wonderful. Never seen the pastures out at the ranch so yellow. Scary how quick a fire could spread across those fields and surround the house and other structures. Been watering a circle around the house and buildings to try and slow down something coming, but the high winds might nullify that effort.

OK, gone................................
Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

"Sort of" is right as there was no steel wool or muriatic acid available.

Sure hope that the temps that we have right now are not a precursor of the coming summer heat. Never needed A/C in the house before, but sure could use it right now.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 AM

If this is a preamble for things to come, it will be a warm summer. Let's see what happens with the rain - so dry. I may be spending more time in Sapphire Valley than planned - - - son is moving up there permanently in one month.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:56 AM

Good morning from a very warm Paradise. Never seen it so hot here in all my 17 years of living down here.

Hot drinks are ready, but don't know who would drink them because nobody shows up. Even the old janitor vanished. He was good, but sometimes a bit snarky. Enjoyed his sharp wit tho. The newcomers will not understand what I am talking about.

Heading out in a few minutes to go and get my truck hand washed, fill it up with overpriced diesel and perhaps buy something at Wallyworld.

Ciao.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good wet and rainy morning from KY.

More coffee is cooking, Hot water is ready.