Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mother's Day breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 08:52 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mother's Day breakroom

How grateful we all need to be that our mothers loved us enough to NOT have an abortion, feed us, clothe us, guide and teach us and, just in general, put up with our foolishness and booboo's.

Even though you can't read or hear this, mom - - - - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. You were a great mother and I love you still - - in fact maybe more after raising three kids of my own and taking care of a bunch of grandkids. Amazing she didn't flush me down the toilet. .........................

Special blend of coffee on the counter along with the ph00 and tea. Off to church - - have a great mama's day.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:04 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Perfect temperatures own here right now. It rained the last two nights, so everything is looking nice and green. Not fully green yet as we need more rain, but it's coming. Added a big bowl of fresh picked blackberries to Bob's drinks.

Bob, is a "NOT" not missing from your mother compliment?
Old 05-14-2017, 11:24 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning fellow DTRotarions ,

not so good news , Rick is in the hospital & could use our prayers ,

as i understand it his appendix burst .

Bob thanks for the tea .
Claude

Old 05-14-2017, 12:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bob, is a "NOT" not missing from your mother compliment?
I believe you are correct so I fixed it for him
Old 05-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Bob Bob Bob, there weren't any flush toilets waaaay back then.

Burst appendix, dangerous.
prayers from here.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Scotty;3327548]Bob Bob Bob, there weren't any flush toilets waaaay back then. [QUOTE]

Takes one to know one. ..............................
Old 05-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
[QUOTE=FiverBob;3327549][QUOTE=Scotty;3327548]Bob Bob Bob, there weren't any flush toilets waaaay back then.

Takes one to know one. ..............................
this is getting draining. 🚽
Old 05-14-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
this is getting draining. 🚽
I was just trying to help - - you told me you needed "draining" somewhere, somehow - - just wanted to help my bud.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:50 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning peoples. Another boringly fine day is dawning down here in Paradise. Looks like a nice clear sky so far and can see the moon on one side and Saturn shining brightly on the other.

Claude, no idea who Rick is, but prayers said anyway. Time, distance and knowing a person does not matter when it comes to prayers.

Talking about prayer reminds me. Lary, did your face come right? Hmmmm, maybe that is a loaded question that some mean DTR members may take advantage of, but I think you know what I mean.

Been very busy lately sanding and varnishing all the wood outside my house. The rainy season is just around the corner, so need to finish this job quickly. Right now I have some staging erected outside so that I can work on one of the bedroom bay windows. Erecting staging is no fun when going up to the second story and doing it by myself.

Korphee, ph00 and hot water is ready. My blueberry bushes (vines?) are very prolific, so have left more fresh blueberries for y'all.

Ciao. Off the expend lots of sweaty energy.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Korphee, ph00 and hot water is ready. My blueberry bushes (vines?) are very prolific, so have left more fresh blueberries for y'all. Ciao. Off the expend lots of sweaty energy.
Go baby, go - - get that job done. You should have finished it last week. Good ph00 today - - ya did good. Blueberries are good, too. Put them on some oatmeal - - yummy.

OK, off to drain some swamp.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:25 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning folks, Rick our own totallyrad is recovering from his burst appendix...he was very fortunate to say the least. Prayers sent his way from here.

Stan I am healing on that front but getting worse from the MRI event. Apparently the MRI moved one of my heart stents, lots of chest pain and shortness of breath now plus worry of throwing a clot. I am headed out of town in a couple days for another heart cath so maybe they can figure it out then.

Pretty scary event, the moment they turned on the MRI a elephant landed on my chest...I sure wasn't expecting that.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:56 AM

Whoa, Lary - - - never heard of an MRI moving a stent. That is not good at all. What sends me into "elephant on chest" is the nuclear stress test. That stuff feels just like a heart attack. OUCH BAD. You are right on having a glob move because of all that. The best on getting that all done now - - saying a prayer for you. That can hit sooooo quick. I had no forewarn of my heart attack - - nothing. Playing tennis and golf, swimming, doing heavy yard work on 3 acre lot, repairing the dock, remodeling the house - - never gave a heart attack a thought. Should have. My father died of clogged arteries followed by attack. He knew he had problems but refused the bypass surgery - - not as good back then as they are now.

So, behave, be careful and get it done - - NOW.

Bob
Old 05-16-2017, 06:43 AM

Good morning from .... you know. Looks like yet another great day is starting weather wise.

Coffee, ph00 etc has been ready for ages already, there is no one here to partake.

Successful very busy day yesterday, so going to try to be a bit less busy today and give my sore muscles a chance to relax.

Lary, that sounds scary. Will definitely pray for you. Rick too.

Adios,
Old 05-16-2017, 09:48 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Hi from the rain drenched Midwest.

Witnessed a classic "Too many cooks" scene yesterday. A company is putting in 5 diesel gen sets at the tank place. They got #2 running about a week ago. In working on #3, it had a speed control problem, so the techs "borrowed" the speed control off #2. They got #3 working. Over the weekend the owner purchased a speed controller on eBay and installed it on #2. He didn't preset the adjustments, just hooked up the wires. He told the generator guy to come in Monday and set it up. Said generator guy didn't open any covers, check any wires, or adjust anything, just went into the building and started the gen set from the transfer switch.

The 350 KW unit went full throttle no load for about 30 seconds till the alternator rotor ruptured and locked it up.

Dang, that was painful to watch. I'd put up the video, but I don't have permission.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 AM

Hey John, glad to see you posting again as you have been MIA. Hope that everything is going well for you and your large family.

Your report on that gen set was almost painful to read. Does that generator guy still have a job? That preventable mishap sounds very expensive. Bet that there is no insurance for this kind of thing.

Quick Reply: Mother's Day breakroom