Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mechanic's Liability Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanic's Liability Insurance

Hey this is a question that goes out to all the guys that own shops or do field maintenance. We're going through a mess right now with our insurance on whether or not a claim is covered under their policy or not.
basically we service, repair and modify/upgrade ag aircraft. we've just had the first claim in 20 years cause of an employee so not really sure what to do and we have to have insurance on all these million dollar planes we're working on(no i'm serious, cropdusters cost $1 million outa the factory, www.airtractor.com)

apparently how our policy is now is that it doesn't cover unless the plane crashes or the pilot is injured...nothing about when a component is damaged or anything like that, which is really odd. I mean, i know that should've been gone over when the policy was being written up/agreed on but we've got to find a different company.

what do you guys use???
Old 09-23-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for aircraft insurance?? AAA.

I'd recommend calling airports - or try Western Michigan University's flight school. Or any college where they teach airplane mechanics and flight.