Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Snow plowing - Liability?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Snow plowing - Liability?

Well it's that time of year, and while we haven't had any snow here yet, I'm ready. I've had the plow for 5 years this winter, and for the first 2 seasons I advertised locally, had any customers sign a waiver, some was contract some was call only. First winter I paid off the truck and plow...wish I had the time to dedicate like that again. I am in Massachusetts, btw.

What I'd like to know is, I've done a little searching, and a lot of towns around here (when working for the town) require either commercial tags or these new "Plowing" tags, not too sure what's up with them. I haven't contacted my insurance yet, not sure I want to breath a word to them until I am informed. I haven't advertised in the last two seasons, but my father is slllloooowww with self-employment, while I'm busy at my job, I wanted to maybe throw another add somewhere so we can make a few extra bucks here and there.

Should I be worried with someone else using the plow? I never had any problems before, and like I said I had the customer sign a waiver. One lady tried sending me a $2500 bill for her lawn repair, when in our little contract I put that if the driveway is not marked out, I'm not responsible for any damage to lawn/curbs/bushes/etc. She backed off after talking to my "lawyer" (my wife ), but I don't want any headaches in the future. Anyone with experience, even outside MA please chime in. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a better forum for that question, people on here are snow plow crazy.

http://www.plowsite.com/

Look forward to seeing your question on there!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^ Awesome site for plowing and any other kind of snow removal....if there is such thing as snow removal fanatics, that is where they are.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
OK maybe I'll check out that site. Thanks guys.