Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Matching Donations at Red Cross

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Matching Donations at Red Cross

Just called to donate money to the Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund. The message at the beginning of the call said that donations made will be matched by a foundation (can't remember which one). The foundation is matching 50% of what an individual donates. That is a pretty good deal, made me feel even better.

~Rob
Old 09-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Banned

RED CROSS is the only place Id donate I had the UNITEDWAY really bone me twice their crooks. alot of money launderin' going on their. I used to give a percent @ work then they atomaticly raised my donation 250 percent !!!!!!!! I paid for 3 months before I realazed it when I contacteed them they just said "well,,,,, well you sure are kind thanks for your contributions" I went off on the lady and they refused to give me my un planed percent back !!! So I cancelled all ties with the company . the following year I atomatically got signed up again .................for 5 times what I had choosen a year ago they got me for 2 months there and wouldnt give it back either
When I started my new job everybody has to give to the united way ...........after a month of debating with HR I got out of it and I show proof of contributions to red cross.
Here in OHIO united way isnt very reputible In columbus a head volenteer sent over 5 mill to a swiss bank account over his carrer and when he retired they busted him.
The make a wish foundation also has a very bad reputation it seems that many of the children were not termenaly ill and was getting to meet stars and go on trips with our money because they were family members of the volenteers!!!
its a good idea and the organization has a valied perpose but most of the time people are not honest and it scars the whole company.
The only scar on red cross is when all the money came pouring in on 9-11 they said it was 2 much and they tried to keep some of the money back from future releaf on disaters.......................................the y got slamed ...no way was the contribitors going to allow this they gave money for 9-11 and thats what they wanted it used for ....I beleave they ended up giving the remaining $$$ to the familys of the victims and the survivors to pay for the funerals and what not so they kind of saved face there it was still a lot of money even after getting split up i cant remember the #'s but I know that many stars gave a million dollars michael jordan and dr. dre are a couple.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET

NOR WILL THE COWARDS AND THE HOODLUMS THAT PLANED IT

SUPPORT BUSH

Hes the only pres weve ever had thats had the testicualar foritude to do what was right and tell the UN to take a hike. when they disagree after all the US is the UN we just let others vote to make them feel like we care.he has morals and he is man enough to do what is right and except the concinqences.

YOU GOT TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU"LL FALL FOR ANYTHING

I didnt mean to turn political but I just seen a IMPEACH BUSH sticker

when americans dont support a US war they dont seem to realize that if it wasnt for US wars none of us would be here!!! and we all would be speaking german or jap heck we would still be the english........ I think alot of people need to pick up a history book and read it !!!!!

Reguardless to the individual reasons to battle I think the white house might know a little more than the unsupportive citizens.. and I feel theyve been doing a good job so far . I got a wonderful life thanks to my fallin and brave forfathers and I want to thank them all .. they died for a reason ------------freedom.

They battle as americans for america for their childrens contined freedom reguardless of the reasons for battle rather it be vietnam or iraq .It does have a purpose .........WE ARE THE united states of america and we are free........and safe thanks to bush---------protecting our childrens future

LONG LIVE THE KING
Old 09-17-2004, 05:03 PM

The company I work is a cruise booking co and is donating $100 for every 7+ day cruise booked!

http://www.icegallery.com/info/ReliefSupport.pdf