Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

wife needs donations for MDA motorcycle ride

Old 02-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
wife needs donations for MDA motorcycle ride

HD as a company supports MDA corporately.

HD is having a "womens ride" into Daytona this year,

and the wife got selected

and she needs to raise some loot for MDA as part of the festivities.

it never hurts to help out a good cause.

appreciate it, thanks...

MDA Donation Link

Article about womens ride

On March 4 in Daytona, Fla., 500 Harley-Davidson women riders will join together in what Harley-Davidson Motor Company believes will be the largest women's ride in the company's 105-year history. Originally, the Harley-Davidson Women's Day Ride, benefiting Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), was to be limited to 105 women; but a better-than-expected response from made H-D decide to increase the size to accommodate 500 riders.

Women participating in the ride are encouraged to raise money for their local MDA chapter to help send children to MDA Summer Camps, and the top three fundraisers will receive a Harley Davidson leather jacket.

The riders will join Karen Davidson, great-granddaughter of one of the company's founders, as well as the six Get Down to Daytona contest winners on the last leg of their ride into Daytona.. Details on the route will be announced soon.

. One week at MDA Summer Camp costs $800 per child, so women who raise that amount or more will receive a Harley-Davidson/MDA sterling silver and gold charm in recognition of their gold-level fundraising. Women who raise at least $400 will receive a sterling silver charm.

All 500 riders will receive a 2008 MDA Pin, a special Harley Davidson/MDA flag and will be entered in a special MDA drawing for a women's Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary leather jacket. Anyone can make a general contribution to the ride at https://secure.mdausa.org/harleywomensride/.

For more information about the Get Down to Daytona contest, newly posted profiles of the six winners, details on the women's activities in Daytona, and more, visit www.harleydavidson.com/womensride.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Will a $25.00 donation from DTR get a spot for a 3" sticker on her ride?
Old 02-08-2008, 06:06 PM

i dunno, MadHat won't give me a sticker....

but he has one on his fridge, not sure what type of folks he is advertising to in there...
Old 02-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ctd
i dunno, MadHat won't give me a sticker....

but he has one on his fridge, not sure what type of folks he is advertising to in there...
Well...let me know...I think I have some of that magnet stuff around here I could print her up one that wouldn't be hard to remove later
Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Well...let me know...I think I have some of that magnet stuff around here I could print her up one that wouldn't be hard to remove later
Will you make one for me? It sure would beat having to scrape adhesive or crud off the truck....lol
Old 02-09-2008, 10:04 AM

she said to send her a magnet one, and a regular one for the back winder on the truck

https://secure.mdausa.org/DonationFAQ.aspx

Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, as long as you did not receive goods or services in exchange for your payment.