Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Love the Eastcoast is in the news for -10 below!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Love the Eastcoast is in the news for -10 below!

I love all the national news reports about parts of the eastcoast getting to -5 to -10 below with -30 below windchills. If this was a news worthy event, Canada and nothern states would always be in the national news.

So far we have been -10 twice this year and its going to be -5 tonight here in the Twin Cities but no mention in the news. The coldest in Minnesota this year was -38 degrees at International Falls. Heck we don't even close schools until it gets to -25 below and windy.

Can someone explain why this was a national news event? O I know it is because the news people are on the east coast... They should visit our St Paul Winter Carnival Ice Palace and plop them on a block of ice when it is -10 below.

I have another good idea switch out the news people with Sadam and we would know all we need to.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See, they don't think Minnesota gets cold 'cause it's still attached to the other 48 states, therefore you should be staying warm...hehehe. It's weather like that that gives Alaska a bad name 'cause we're not connected to the "mainland" and we're so much farther north that it must hurt to break the icicles off your dingy when you pee.

They're just making a big deal about it 'cause there are so many city people there who don't have any sense of survival and think the end of the world is near.