Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Loooong drive back from the Vet

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sorry for you loss. i know how you feel. I was just as sad when i lost my best friend to cancer that i met in grade 5 and the other that i met in kindergarden as i did when i had to put my 18 year old german short haired pointer down.

just remember the good times. it will always put a smile on your face
Old 06-19-2009, 11:33 AM

Thoughts and prayers sent your way. I don't know what ill do I have a 1.5 year old black lab named deazal and just the sound of a cummins makes him jump up and he hates ridin In my girlfriends mustang but let the cummins fire up and its His front seat and he will ride all day
Old 06-19-2009, 10:13 PM

Thank God for dogs....now, if they just lived longer...

Rescuing Sprite by Mark Levin is a really good read. Helps with the grieving process.

...and it wasn't easy putting either of my two Dalmatians down, either. Time, and a bat-eared Lab/Alsatian mix named Hunter has eased the pain.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry about your loss - - - almost as bad as a human loss. None of the men in our family are MAN enough to handle that job. My dear wife is always elected to make that drive to the vet while the boys (me included) sit around the house waiting for her saying nothing with tears in our eyes. Just a bunch of wimps.

This has made it very clear the requirements laid on me. Bob, just keep your legs moving and get out of bed, no matter what. It is vital for your longevity to keep moving. Don't get suckered into being led to the car by mama.

ScardyCatBob
Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 AM

Reading this makes me think back to all of the dogs I have had the pleasure to have as companions. I have had 15 dogs over the last the 40 years. Some stayed for a long time, others...well their time was cut short. My longest living dog was a white german shepard named "Snow White" made it 18 years until she just couldn't go any more. Had her as a kid, toughest dog I ever owned and she didn't let anyone /any thing touch me except for my dad. Mom tried to whip my butt one time, snow white got between her and me and just growled, until dad got home...I got my butt whipping and so did the dog. That dog kept me out of a lot of trouble on the farm. She killed a water mocausion(?) when I went down to the pond when I was about 8 or 9
and I almost stepped on it, oh the memories I have.....back to Pull ya's situation..remember the good times and time will heal.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A couple of moths back I had to put down my 14yr old buddy. He was hurting and I knew it. I was really tempted to patch him up for the family and my sake nut A friend really summed it up best. He said after so many years of devotion and memories I owed it to him to end his suffering.
I miss the little guy almost every day. Shoot I have a tear right now tinking about him.
I feel your pain brother. It will get better.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

All Dogs Go to Heaven.

He'll be waiting for you, when it is your time to make the journey, I have a few waiting for me, can't wait to see the tails wag!!!

darn allergies, making it hard to see the key board.