Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Look what happened to me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Look what happened to me...

After a lifetime of owning and raising cattle, i have never had this problem. We have a new Santa Gertrudis bull, a youngster; I guess he seen his reflection and went to town with his horns. The scratches were whiter, but i waxed it prior to the photos. I was not a happy camper. Looks like it will be covered, in the process I will get a fresh paint job on my front fender and both doors. Bad thing is I will lose my truck for 4-5 days.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Dang it, man!

I grew up around cattle, I know the feeling.

We only took fords into the pasture...
Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the truck but you got mad skills with the wax job, the reflection in the paint is stunning.

Hope the ins co doesn't give you too much grief.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 PM

Naw showed it to em today, it will be a Comprehensive claim, in my case a 50$ deductible and all clear!

That pasture is my front yard! Lol! Out of almost 300 acres he had to come to my truck out in the open and mess with it. I'm going to get a BB gun now!

The main reason i waxed it before the pics was because that bull also took a nice wet crap next to the truck and splattered crap all over the side of my truck. One of the main reasons I wasn't a happy camper. I try to keep my truck up to par, its pretty much my lifeline. Gotta have it to pull my mower and crap.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:39 PM

Might want to invest in a cheap motion alarm it might scare him off next time. Glad ins. co. is going to fix it!! Take care!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:50 PM

Rest easy since you decided his future life is worth more than the damage the bull caused to your current truck. Crazy how close it gets to gambling! Sprinkle a little A1 on his back and let him know how close he came.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by oldmikegraham
Sprinkle a little A1 on his back and let him know how close he came.
Man, that's funny...
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Ouch. Dont know much about them but we had cattle break a tail light out on my trailer in NV last year. They licked the trailer all over. We assume they thought it was a salt lick. They were free range, the kind of cattle where both sexes have long horns and they traveled in packs like a bunch of hoodlems. Glad it wasnt our truck but I dont think our truck ever looked as nice as yours.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:12 PM

That sucks. U need to come wax my truck for me!! Thats pretty shiney
Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Bummer. That's why both of my trucks are white - and never waxed.

My cattle stay away from it.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by oldmikegraham
Rest easy since you decided his future life is worth more than the damage the bull caused to your current truck. Crazy how close it gets to gambling! Sprinkle a little A1 on his back and let him know how close he came.
You had me rolling man!!! You know how it is!!!

The truck is shiny, but, it still embarrasses me when I have a dent or scratches like that!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Well now its a farm truck shesh rip what you worried about LOL have had too turn a few bulls with the truck before smacked my bed good but the pickup box is the sacrificial lamb since iam gettin a deck soon.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:28 AM

The dealer told me the previous owner of my '97 white/driftwood 2500 used to go check on, and feed his cows with my truck. Like Pavlov's bells, that rattling Cummins 12valve in their pasture meant "Follow Me to the food!" They would crowd around it and bump their heads and big butts into the PU bed. That is one reason I got it for a good price because of the big broad dents.
I now work with the prev owner's son and he filled me in on his dad's "pasture driving". He never could get his dad to quit parking so close to the hay bale. He also told me the new 2002 he traded my '97 in on REALLY got the cow dent treatment on the very first time out to check on his cattle in his brand new truck.

K.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:06 AM

Rick that sux! Sorry to hear it. i agee with the others that your truck is sharp and shiny. Hope you get it back quick and as good as new.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Think it's time for Rick to throw some steaks on the grill and invite us over!

Sorry to hear that Rick.

MikeyB

Quick Reply: Look what happened to me...