Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

life update

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
life update

well as many of you know I had a career change and went onto an oil rig roughnecking. LOVE IT!

Lost 50lbs in 4 months
broke left index fingertip
pushing my tool pusher into letting me on the derrick. he said if I can get the hang of it in 5 stands, then i stay up there. if not then i come down. looking forward to that.

my driller has the attention span and brain of barks shrew. his nephew is the motor hand, another brain dead waste of life and his best friend is the other floor hand. am on mourning tour now. the derrick hand is cool and has been teaching me a TON as often as he can.

got a call from Nabors tool pusher today. Wyo gave him a call and talked me up so I have some busting **** to do now! LOL.. thanks Jeff! Emailed the resume and he is going to call me back. not wanting to really twist off to another company but more pay and the ability to move up and kick **** and take names. Will be in south texas area possibly san antonio. maybe Wichita falls area too. don't know yet but will let everyone know so ya'll that live in that area we can meet up for some grub.

sure am turning the miles on the new truck. feb 27th will be 1 year. had 36 miles when i drove it off the lot. has over 27k now.

not getting married. her true colors came out and in full force. there are several choice words i have but will keep them to myself for now . still trying to get my german shepard back from her as she is not letting me have her and telling me that if i get her, she will file charges for trespassing . have had that dog since she was 4 months old (10 years old now)

been working my tail off while i am on my days off from the rig. have a lot of side jobs going so the cash is nice and paying things off pretty nicely.

well thats it for now. no new stuff on the truck yet other than black door handles sitting on my tool box that need to be installed and line-x the rocker panels when i come back next days off. leave for the rig for the week this wednesday

need to get tapatalk installed on my phone but service is so hit and miss on the rig it isn't funny. full 3g one second then NOTHING another. its crazy.

hope everyone is having a good year so far. i know I am.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrahs

need to get tapatalk installed on my phone but service is so hit and miss on the rig it isn't funny. full 3g one second then NOTHING another. its crazy.
Congrats man, glad you are loving it.

You must have ATT service................. Mine does the same thing, and that's here in civilization.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly
Congrats man, glad you are loving it.

You must have ATT service................. Mine does the same thing, and that's here in civilization.
verizon. last well we were at had great service. this well is out in the middle of NOWHERE! LOL
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on liking your new job. Keith
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats Chris!! Knowing you the way I do I know you will be passing people up left and right no matter what rig you're on. Great to hear things are going good. Just sorry to hear about the dog. If I go take her is it still trespassing??
Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 PM

Nothing like having a job you enjoy.

Count your blessings on the woman side... you could be legally tied to that.

Marriage is a wonderful thing... when it is to the right woman. As for others... you couldn't pay me enough.

congrats.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

I don't give those kinds of recommendations to just anyone chris. Had no problem giving it for you though. Wish we had 1000 more like you, willing, able and thankful for the opportunity.

You set a great example of American values!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by SRobertson
Nothing like having a job you enjoy.

Count your blessings on the woman side... you could be legally tied to that.

Marriage is a wonderful thing... when it is to the right woman. As for others... you couldn't pay me enough.

congrats.
Same here, glad you are doing well.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Chris, good to hear from you. I must say I felt real proud of myself for understanding everything you said. Wanna know why?? I watch the show "Black Gold" when it's on What can I say, its entertaining to watch those young muscles..uh men working hard out there. The mute button is awesome!

Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope you can get her back. Something tells me vet records and a judge might be the way to go if it come down to it.

Keep working hard out there. I'll have a beer for you
Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am really mad about the dog issue! Fecal matter!! On a positive note looks like your doing great. Good things do happen to good people.

Best wish's Chris
Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Glad to see yer doing good, Chris. With yer ambition you'll get up there quickly if you can stay in one piece.

I have two sons, my oldest and my youngest, working in Williston. They have a trucking company hauling water for fracking, and are also working up service business for truckers, like PM service on the fly. Sam's pretty good at finding unloved Kenworth tractors, getting them in good shape, rigging them out so drivers dont mind living in em, and keeping em rolling. Andrew is just a tough young go-getter, home schooled and able to pick up almost anything very quickly and running with it.

It can be tough because you just don't know what the "officials" are going to do next. I helped him build up an oil skimming rig, and by the time we got it proven and turned up, ND outlawed ponds. Rig works well, is self contained, can skim 150 bph or so and put a good head on it. Just looking for work for it. There might be some emergency response work for it in Montana, but it's hard to justify the cost to get it.

Check out this thread I put in political discussion.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...n-t300330.html
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 AM

Glad to see your doing well chris and enjoying your job. Sorry to hear about the girlfriend and the dog. Hope it works out. Glad to hear about the side jobs. Looking forward to talking to you soon. Take care bro