Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Labor Day break room 9/4 to 9/10

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 07:11 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
High...

...Buy
Old 09-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Low... ...Sell
Old 09-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
High... ...Buy
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Low...
...Sell
Wow, thanks for stopping in and conversing for a few minutes. ................................
Old 09-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, thanks for stopping in and conversing for a few minutes. ................................
Hey, go easy on them. They obviously aren't trump supporters. They would say, "Lose a little on every deal, but make it up in volume."
Old 09-08-2016, 03:12 PM

Received 2,404 Likes on 1,586 Posts
That is it!
I am not taking any of your guy's advise on investing...

It is starting to seem a little like fall in VT, even though the temps are still higher than normal for this time of year.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:43 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning peoples. Another beeeuuutiful day dawning down here in Paradise. Washed the coffee pot out with lacquer thinners to get rid of some of the slime inside. Didn't work, so made coffee anyhow. Ph00 is ready too. Think I will stick with the ph00 today. Fresh tacos ready for heating next to the stove. Today there is left over mashed potatoes to smear on each taco and you can add chopped up avocado and green sauce. Yummy!

A couple of day ago I commented about certain DTR'ers that do not participate much in this breakroom and as expected the miscreants proved who they are. Way to go guys. What are you going to do today to top that?

Heading out in a little while to go and get my truck washed and do the final walk around before leaving for my trip tomorrow. Not sure why I am bothering to wash the truck when it appears that once I cross the border that I will run into some rain, but it is nice to leave with everything clean. Thanks Lary for the best wishes. If I run into trouble will call you. Tomorrow is the longest leg of this trip and is about 750 miles and one border crossing. The border crossing at Laredo is not normally a problem, but sometimes the lineup is long and takes a while. Usually cross further east, but for where we are heading, this place is shorter. Will come back closer to Brownsville and go through the scenic mountains.

See yuh.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Stan-- Have great trip!

Thunder in the distance and a little rain coming down. We need it! Not even going to have to mow the yard this week. Whoopie!

Did you guys notice that the coffee will burn? Pretty flames!
Old 09-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wow....whats with the coffee? I spilled a little on the counter and it melted the Formica ....on the other hand after drinking some I am seeing the prettiest colors

Have a safe day folks!
Old 09-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Top's Younger Twin

That coffee has me singing show tunes while swinging from the ceiling fan on the wall that looks like a propeller and smells like a chicken that clucks like an elk that poops like a clock on the floor in the middle.of an orange with Marilyn Monroe and my dead cat on the fridge with the yellow eyed toaster running into the sea beside the cabin with the pop tarts talking in code at the crack of at the crack of at the crack o
Old 09-09-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
That coffee has me singing show tunes while swinging from the ceiling fan on the wall that looks like a propeller and smells like a chicken that clucks like an elk that poops like a clock on the floor in the middle.of an orange with Marilyn Monroe and my dead cat on the fridge with the yellow eyed toaster running into the sea beside the cabin with the pop tarts talking in code at the crack of at the crack of at the crack o
Holy Smoke. I am drinking water. In fact, I may not drink anything, rather sit and listen to Scotty Poo wander around like a lost soul. Mercy boy, hang in there - - this too shall pass (I hope - - - Marilyn Monroe??? Where did she come from???)

Gorgeous morning dawned here, but heading for a bit more heat than I like. Gotta problem with the Ram - - seems I may have a steering pump gone - - leaking. Hopefully it is just a hose, but they are not cheap either. Noted a bit
of dripping on drive but thought it might be radiator. Nope, went to eye doc yesterday, pulled in the parking lot and suddenly no power in steering. Came out and it worked fine, but felt the dripping and that is not antifreeze. GRRRR.

OK, gone for today - - bunch of neat stuff to do - - - NO, you don't want to know what!!!!!!

Bobby
Old 09-09-2016, 11:29 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
This woman, obviously, needs to bone up on coffee in the AM, eh ?

Tuesday, she decided to travel the wrong way on 440, and wound up getting a few tickets.

'Improper passing' puts driver in really tight spot on N.J. highway | NJ.com

Goofball.....
Attached Thumbnails Labor Day break room 9/4 to 9/10-21059827-mmmain.jpg  
Old 09-09-2016, 02:38 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

The miscreants dun gud! So gud my head was spinning after trying to read and make sense (nonsense?) of what Scotty posted. Yikes! Maybe tomorrow I should try washing the coffee pot out with ketone or muriatic acid and see what happens. On second thoughts, will skip tomorrow and just jump in my truck and hit the road early. You guys are too much.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Safe travels Stanadian.
My trip is over now. LoL
Old 09-09-2016, 03:44 PM

Thanks Scotty. Glad to hear that you made it back in one piece.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:52 PM

Hey big boy - -- don't get frisky just cuz you ain't in Mehiko. Enjoy and drive safe.

Off to friends for supper - - - birthday party for the wife. She was 39 yesterday. Again. Don't know when she will grow up. ...........

Quick Reply: Labor Day break room 9/4 to 9/10