Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Janitors BREAKROOM Navy coffee, donuts and other flying stuff Aprilfools to 4/7/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evenin' all. went to visit my grandparents for the weekend, grandpa just turned 80.

got home about 4:30 pm, read the sunday classifieds looking for jobs, didnt find anything i aint applied for yet.

stuffed my self with half a pizza from Dominos. save rest for lunch.

spent 2 hours looking at houses on the net with my parents, 149 houses total. place here in ohio about an hour from me, really interested in hiring my dad. they are coming down to look at houses this weekend.

reset the APPS on my truck, thinking it would fix the "dead pedal". thought it did but it showed up on the way back from my grandparents house. so ill just leave it be for a while.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Davey is full of P&V, huh, picking on everyone's aeroplanes..............

slow here. our puppy learned tonite that GOOD things come home in stryrofoam (left overs...)
Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by l jobb
Sherod, Madhat Pace yourselves on the work load, It's always going to be there.
Yeah, right! No rest for the weary. As long as I have a family, my work will never be done...

Originally Posted by 04ctd
slow here. our puppy learned tonite that GOOD things come home in stryrofoam (left overs...)
Too bad that you for got that wite pizza at my house... He would have loved that.

Coffee's on. Took mrs mad out to dinner last night, dropped the kids off at a friends house. Got home late, still had to give myself a mad cut. Tired this morning. Getting short here, on more week, then it's bye bye madhat...
Old 04-02-2007, 05:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
reminds me, missed my free hair cut again, now HOW could i forget that?

your wife eat that white pizza we left?
Old 04-02-2007, 06:23 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning, coffees flowin. Had a slow April fools. Gonna stop at my brothers tonight and salvage some arborvaetes he wants to lose. Gotta look at a damged tree he needs taken down too. Funny, I grew up in the city and do all the DYI and survivalist type stuff, he grew up in the country 10 years behind me (with his twin) and niether of them even own a power tool more than a cordless drill. They both followed in the footsteps for the most part though. Straight shooters and wouldn't want to wrestle them either. Anyway, guess I'm gonna spend the day off tomorrow planting bushes. Hey Judge, I'm actually swimming in ostrich, in an effort to locate some feathers with the highly sought after, micro-fibres. Glad you like the fly, that's the first I've tried that pattern, was happy with the way it turned out.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finished up the rifle and pistol matches yesterday and actually got home with daylight left.
Fun starts today. Anyone know the best way to recover the brass from about 16,000 rounds of 9mm when all the firing was done in a mud pit created by all the rain we had Saturday? I figger it will look like an EPA superfund site before the day is over. Looks like we're going to have to scrape the top 6 inches of muck, dump it into some very large screen boxes, and take a fire hose to it
Hitting the road tomorrow. Be back Thursday.
See ya when we see ya.

stillmuddywetandcoldShortround out
Old 04-02-2007, 07:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek

Not as cool as Geico's or what Alpine is flying.
Now that is flying right there!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, it's slow in here this mornin'. What gives? Only 4 of ya been here since 0610 hrs. I'll personally start makin' the coffee every mornin' again if that's what it takes!

Uneventful weekend here. Cleaned and organized the storage area in the barn next to my shop... well, I STARTED cleaning and organizing. If I work on it steady, it might get done by June!

Gotta get the mower running this week. The grass'll be ready to cut in another few days if it doesn't get covered with snow!

Gotta call the eye doctor today too, can't see outta my new glasses. For what I paid for them, the shouldn't make me dizzy!

Have a good 'un!

chaikwa.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:43 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning guys.. been a nice wekend here, helped THE BOSS put in plants and got a little fishing in Sunday, landed a couple nice channel-cats...good eating!

SR, 55 gallon drum, dump your "mud" in it with a garden hose running over it,
the brass will sink to the bottom as the mud and such is washed out with teh overflow of water...works for cleaning up nails ....

Anyone got a line on where I can find parts for a 60's era Duetz-Allis 1900 mower deck? Spindle broke and the grass is getting kinda tall already...

Scott, make sure you get a receipt for the MARKET value of that saddle... good tax deduction if you have the paperwork....
Old 04-02-2007, 07:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Anyone got a line on where I can find parts for a 60's era Duetz-Allis 1900 mower deck? Spindle broke and the grass is getting kinda tall already...
Get your horses to eat the grass! Built in lawn mower & fertilizer maker. Geez, you are about as cleaver as the janitor around here.

Might just as well get this week off to a flying start!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 AM

mornin all. bowl of cereal down the hatch, theres breakfast.

gotta make some phone calls, get some bills taken care of while i still have the funds availible.

hopefully i hear back from at least one of the places, i applied to.

other than that dont know what im gonna do. really only have enough $$$ to pay off this months bills, this time next month if im not employed who knows.

it really sucks to be in this situation after recently buying my dream truck. dont want to loose it.

strugglingtogetbyandkeepmyCTDiesel_Stormout
Old 04-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Chapter President

Morning all, about to haul horses out to the college arena, work out (first time since Spring Break), get a tailgate ordered for a buddy, and I think I'm going to go active on what I'm getting for a fuel system. (My wallet wants someone to talk me out of it)
ShortRound, what could you make with that much brass?
Duallyhopefullygoingtoropedogout
Old 04-02-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
]

Coffee's on. Took mrs mad out to dinner last night, dropped the kids off at a friends house. Got home late, still had to give myself a mad cut. Tired this morning. Getting short here, on more week, then it's bye bye madhat...
good, Where you going Mad?

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Man, it's slow in here this mornin'. What gives? Only 4 of ya been here since 0610 hrs. I'll personally start makin' the coffee every mornin' again if that's what it takes!

Gotta call the eye doctor today too, can't see outta my new glasses. For what I paid for them, the shouldn't make me dizzy!

Have a good 'un!

chaikwa.
If madhat goes somewhere, you might have to get up early and start the coffee.
You should be able to see out the new glasses. How can you tell if your dizzy? Yup, the glasses are $$$$, I have the pollycarbonate lenes and titanium frames. Just about unbreakable for somone like me.

Was up untill 0330 this am. Helping wife with homework. Playing Friday night and Saturday got waaaaay behind in the school stuff. Just finished an egg mcdavey muffler sammich, with and donut.

DuallyDog, you going to study at school or just have fun?

Diesel_Storm, good job hunting. Have you thought of a temp agency to fill in and help with the bill? It could lead to full time.

Shortround, my uncle was on the army pistol team in WWI. Had a 1911 colt.
Looks like you will have enuff brass to reload for a while.

Geico, you week off to a flying start, you going flying anywhere interesting. Did you ever get the project plane home?

Wannabe, are you teaching Jake good tricks to pull on the janitor?

Alpine, what kind of B1RD are you taking care of? Is it the one in your pix?

Got bills to pay, and places to go, later,

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by 04ctd
reminds me, missed my free hair cut again, now HOW could i forget that? your wife eat that white pizza we left?
Imagine that... I ate some of it... glad that I'm not the one that paid for that... Twasnt too bad.
Originally Posted by chaikwa
I got some bad news for you, buddy. It's not the glasses making you dizzy, you are making you dizzy. Silly janitor....
Still waiting on pics of your mew sign's location...
Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by dssimecek
good, Where you going Mad?
If madhat goes somewhere, you might have to get up early and start the coffee.
Back to killin!!! You want to come? Start pushing recruits again on the 21st, my own platoon. I'll still turn the coffee pot on, but it might be at 0330...

Quick Reply: Janitors BREAKROOM Navy coffee, donuts and other flying stuff Aprilfools to 4/7/07