Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Janitors BREAKROOM Navy coffee, donuts and other flying stuff Aprilfools to 4/7/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im here. tired as can be.
Spent all day walking around Wanenmachers gun show.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:46 AM

Morning all, nice to see everyone up and at it this AM. Sun is shinning but temps are suppose to drop to -17C. And I thought we were done with that kind of weather. First I thought it was an April fools joke but nooo, real deal for the rest of the week.

JWBM nice looking pup hope the training goes well.

Shovelhead did the same thing to sister in law, moved her a couple of times when she wasn't getting along with her hubby move out move in, out back in. Worked out in the end, together and happy. Have to help family and friends, thats what it's all about.

Sherod, Madhat Pace yourselves on the work load, It's always going to be there.

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Happy Aprils Fools Day all. Got the yard mowed already today gave Tanner the Dog a new present and then off to work later today after some good rest.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

This is the one I did last year. Note the grayling have been extinct here for about 75 years. The one I did today is controversial subject matter, so I didn't link it, but on the same forum check for "fish wars" in "the lodge".

http://www.talkflyfishing.com/index.php?showtopic=12127
Old 04-01-2007, 01:15 PM

Gooood Morning all.........woke up to a balmy 22 above, with a high of around 40....Was standing in the kitchen wondering what to take out for lunch when I heard a THUD, ran out and found that a spruce grouse had hit a window and broke its neck. So it looks like I'll have fresh bird, boiled taters, and some kind of vegetable for supper.
Extends Redleg a Invite to Alaska ...Fresh Grayling is to die for...have to eat it the same day as catch or it turns to mush...
Old 04-01-2007, 01:19 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Concerning the questions about hovercrafts- When it was still considered a business to sell hovercrafts over here I worked for Hovercraft Austria as a technician. Since exactly zero hovercrafts were sold here the owner of the company still has the show model and now I keep that thing running. I think we'll transfer it to the boat Dionysos ( see this link ) and have some fun on the sea.
The day wasn't complete with only some hovercrafting- there was a bird to be rescued
and some flying to be done.

Well that was the one before April Fools day.
Today was filled with some paperwork, checking out some guns (.454 Casull, Berette Stock, Beretta 92, CZ75, some Glocks) and I think I'll go and have a look at a keg of beer tonight

Have a nice and safe day!

Markus
Old 04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Today was filled with some paperwork, checking out some guns (.454 Casull, Berette Stock, Beretta 92, CZ75, some Glocks) and I think I'll go and have a look at a keg of beer tonight
Markus

Been there done that got everything but the Glocks (combat tupperware).

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...0&ppuser=19433
Old 04-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW, had to edit the title. Couldn't stand to see "flying sturr" all week.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Thanks DD, I could not figure out how to edit the title. Seems when I type that early in the morning, my fingers leave my hand. Don't do real good the rest of the day either.
Alpine, nice day you had, great pix, and the flying. Still lot of snow there?
My fling a bit limited.
Don't US navy or CG have hovercraft in use ?
AKPaul, warm weather and flyin dinner, what a deal. Hardly any work on your part.
Redleg, good fish story. Never know what is out there.
Steak and bake with corn on the cob tonight.

Have a good on and be safe out there
Old 04-01-2007, 03:21 PM

Davey flying again

Not as cool as Geico's or what Alpine is flying.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Afternoon DTRonians! Hope everyone is having a good day. Just got back from seeing a movie with my ol' man. We saw The Shooter with Marky Mark. AWESOME freakin movie. Makes me wanna join the Marine Corps....wait a minute. Well it wants me to be a Force Recon Scout Sniper. Lots of killing, BIG guns, more killing, more big guns...PLUS it has Kate Mara, who is quite possibly the best looking lady alive. ON TOP of all that, it has Kate Mara with a shotgun, killing someone, while only wearing a bra...sheesh. I wanna go see it again.

Gonna go out to a fancy restaurant tonight with my parents and some family friends....should be a good time. They have a realllly freaking good pepper seared steak. And later tonight, I'm going to play broomball. Broomsticks, a ball, and on ice...it is fun. Hope all is well my friends. I'll be back lata!

Josh
Old 04-01-2007, 05:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, got the bathroom painted, it looked so good we are moving on the the next one.

Didn't do the tile yet as we may just do them both.

As stated above, one thing leads to another. Was at the store looking at new fixtures. Not one fixture followed us home, but the backseat of the truck was full .

Have a great week.

Edit: forgot the Flying Stuff--Nothing planned this week, but you never know. Nice little XCountry planned for the 9th of Apr tho...

Ed
Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Snow was quite absent this winter for us. Only the artificial stuff in the ski resorts.
The mountains in the pics got a late icing of about 1-2 ft of snow 2 weeks ago.

Had a look at the bird tonight, he's really hungry and thirsty- a good sign.

Markus
Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 PM

Finished debadging the truck this weekend. New u-joint in the front driveshaft, and greased everything I could find a zerk fitting on, or take apart to get grease inside of on the front end. The popping seems to be gone...but for how long?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
DTR Mom

fly by post to say HELLOO!! to all the new faces, GREAT to hear from ya!! keep it up!! SOLD a hovercraft this year on EBay to a Russian dude. who knows where that wil end up. right outta the movies... SCAT was the maker.

LOVE to see the flight pics- that can happen everytime here , Markus!!

black lab pup is NAMED 'JAKE" and it is CHAIKWA's (Scott's). At least i can be good in something- this dog will be making him breakfast around the time to deliver him..... have to ship the CD of the pup chasing the big Siberian, LOL!

REDLEG- checked out all the fishing stuff around here, nothing for flyfishing.
I do have ostrich and emu feathers if you want them. ICETIDE is on the wall and getting appreciative looks from company!! Thank you so much!

busy week ahead and I did not want the return to 20 degree weather...

good stuff to you all! Deiseldude- Prosac is on sale somewhere.....

Quick Reply: Janitors BREAKROOM Navy coffee, donuts and other flying stuff Aprilfools to 4/7/07