Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I Moved to Wyoming!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Moved to Wyoming!

I am going to school at Wyotech, and on my way to becoming a certified diesel technican. ;D So any one in the area drop me a line, we can get together. There are a lot of CTD's up here, so I have my work cut out for me to get them all to join the DTR. On that note, is there a flyer that advertises the site? We had a one page flyer when I was on the DML, and it worked rather well. If not, we should get together and make one up, so it would be easier to spread the bombing bug ;D <br><br><br>Matt
Old 12-31-2002, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re:I Moved to Wyoming!

Ive got an electronic copy of the DTR flyer. I can email it to you if you wish.<br><br>Also, SFtopSGT also has copies of the flyer which can be emailed.<br><br>Rich.
Old 12-31-2002, 11:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I can send an official Penguin to assist in distribution.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:20 PM

Can someone send me a copy as well ? There are a lot of diesel driving snowbirds down here that could benefit from you guys !!! <br><br>PISTOL
Old 12-31-2002, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PW,<br><br>I'll send you a PM as well.<br><br>Rich
Old 12-31-2002, 01:58 PM

Iron Horse, i'll be going to Wyotech starting around the end of june for diesel mechanics (and the business course after). i can't wait!

Tom
Old 12-31-2002, 03:42 PM
Chapter President

Good luck to both of you on your new Diesel Mechanic Schools your skills will be needed....the younger generation just dont want to work at dirty heavy type work any more so your a rare breed...I was service manager for a large truck diesel shop for 13 years and have been a mechanic for over 30 years...and could never keep a full mechanic staff because of the shortage of mechanics...learn all you can in school...after school I'll bet you have a job before schools over with.... ;D ;D
Old 12-31-2002, 05:12 PM

Darn right !!! Learn your trade well and I guarrantee you will NEVER go hungry !!!<br><br>PISTOL
Old 01-01-2003, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean CattleHauler. I move to Wyoming after college, work on a dude ranch and drove a bus. On my 3 rd summer along came one of those rich blonde southern girls, she was into the cowboy thing and convinced me to move to North Carolina. I lived in her parents quest house (1,200 sq ft.) Finally got married bought a house and had a baby girl. 1 yr later decided she didn't want to be married to a blue collar worker and divorced me and moved back home with the parents. <br>Got billed 20k in 2000 by my lawyer just to try to see my daughter and still no visitation so I only paid 5K to the **** lawyer and got put in jail for stalking and trespassing. I just had to see my daughter and by god I did.<br><br>If I had only listened to the head on my shoulders and taken a close look at the beautiful country in Wyoming I would have figured out I didn't need no rich *itch from North Carolina.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:20 AM

I was in Laramie once and saw the strangest thing. The wind stopped blowing and everyone fell over.

Incredible!

I used to spend a lot of time in Rock Springs, the only airport in the USA where the wind sock is a bowling ball on a chain.

;D

Enjoy your stay, Wyoming has some of the best scenery in the west.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:54 AM

[quote author=Scotty link=board=10;threadid=9006;start=0#86598 date=1041355471]<br>I can send an official Penguin to assist in distribution. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Sounds like a good plan, and when I am done I can make an official Penguin exshaust brake, or maybe send him off to one of the sheep farms around here.... ;D
Old 01-02-2003, 08:57 AM

[quote author=98rammer link=board=10;threadid=9006;start=0#86668 date=1041364732]<br>Iron Horse, i'll be going to Wyotech starting around the end of june for diesel mechanics (and the business course after). i can't wait! <br><br>Tom<br>[/quote]<br><br>Great to hear that, I will have to look you up when you get here, maybe we can start a BOMBING club, or a DTR chapter. I am in the business class right now, and start diesel in April.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:12 PM

****, I need to get back there - I grew up in Casper and the joke about people falling over when the wind stopped isn't a joke! I feel like an exile - if there'd been jobs there back in 1988 when I got out of the Army I'd've gone home!
Old 01-09-2003, 07:24 PM

IronHorse,<br><br>I'm in Severance, Colo. about 50 mi. south of you. Enjoy Laramie. But if you get a chance, go west up to the Snowy Range. Great fishing and snowmobiling up there. I just finished remodeling a house in Saratoga this fall and the scenery and outdoor activities over there are great, although I didn't do anything but work. You need to get down to the Cowboy bar also, it is a legend in Laramie. Also try to make it to Jubilee Days in Laramie, and Frontier Days in Cheyenne. There will be more CTD's there than you can count. Good place to hand out flyers. Glad to have you near. I'm real new to the diesel thing but would love to learn more. <br><br>Cole