Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I Got An Idea!!! I Got An Idea!! I Got An Idea!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummmmmm. I remember when gas was under 20 cents a gallon and my ol' man complainin' when it hit 30 cents.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by phox_mulder
Show of hands: How many "mature" folks have lived through more than 1 "energy crisis".
Fuel prices "skyrocketing", lines at gas stations, rationing, etc.

What, if anything, had an impact on the big bad oil companies way back then?
Boycotting? Picketing? Honking?

phox

So you're saying that, since the high costs of fuel really doesn't make us angry enough to actually get off our butts and do anything, that we should just stop talking about how we're going to get off our butts and do something? Everybody knows that we don't care enough to actually get on our feet, just enough to type and talk a little bit.

And that is the wonder of my idea! You don't have to get off your butt to honk at the gas station! Come on, how cool is that!?! It takes no effort at all, and it would at least accomplish some kind of something! (Probably a Federal noise pollution act, but at least we'd be getting something done...)

Realistically, thanks to our infrastructure and technology, we can have enough biofuels to keep us running no matter what, and crude just happens to be cheaper than biofuels and the related investments for another decade or so. Therefore we will wait until we run out of fossil fuels before we start something new that will probably average out to about a buck more than fuel is now, but will be infinitely more secure and cleaner. (And all the while we have morons preaching about hair-brained hydrogen economies and spending money on hybrids...)

And God help us if we go through another 1972. Cars are just now starting to get half-way decent again! Another long-lined odd/even-dayed actual fuel shortage would drive the big three under and we'd all be driving 10 HP Chinese econo-boxes within a month...

(Then again, a new fuel shortage might spawn a new Gremlin too... Hmm... )
Old 07-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Begle1
(Then again, a new fuel shortage might spawn a new Gremlin too... Hmm... )
A Hybrid Hydrogen Electric Gremlin.

Mmmmmmmm.

phox
Old 07-12-2005, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by Shovelhead
I will just continue to quietly vote with my wallet and patronize the stations that offer the best value for the buck.
Not always the lowest price, not always the "neighborhood" shop, but one that treats me like an valued customer instead of a walking wallet.
That's fine...and I'll continue to hit up the ones with the hottest chicks behind the counter.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Dave88LX
That's fine...and I'll continue to hit up the ones with the hottest chicks behind the counter.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Sorry but I see absolutely nothing that can be gained by blowing your horn all day long......Unless you just like making noise all the time......hmmmmm looking back at your previous posts, I can definitely grasp that scenario
Yea Buddy
Old 07-13-2005, 04:13 PM

Ad removed site violation