Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

i have been lookin around and i havent seen anything on these forums about the dixie tricks. Wow i woulda thought all you texans would have been livid. up here in louisville a few stations have banned them from the radio...I think it is awesome
Old 03-17-2003, 10:05 AM

Re:I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

I have heard this on the forsd site I visit. I think they said something about the war or something. What was said?<br>DM01
Old 03-17-2003, 10:08 AM

I believe it was something to the effect of &quot;we are ashamed Bush is from Texas&quot; and they did not support the war. I don't think they should be getting in all the crap they are just because they have opinions, but I'm not sad to see them off the radio.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that they have a right to say what they want provided by the constitution, but that doesn't mean that people will keep supporting them, or buy their CD's. I know I won't, but that's just me. Just my tiny little statement to let them know that I don't agree with their views.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:14 AM

I see your point, I hadn't thought of it that way.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:25 AM

Kids say the darndest things. ???<br><br>That is something to remember. <br><br>She is young...in the lower 20's somewhere, so her political prowess is probably not so &quot;keen&quot;, so lets ban and run into the ground a good thing. :-[<br><br>That is not to say that she should have said what she did. :-X<br><br>Just that how many times when we were young did we mess up something by saying something &quot;off the cuff&quot; and &quot;stupid&quot;. :<br><br>President bush did when he call the War on Terror a &quot;Crusade&quot;! That was the wrong word to use with most of the Muslem world...no wonder they got in an uproar. But they forgave bush (with the help of multiple of millions of dollars) and are now letting us use their land to stage the war on Terror. <br><br>Funny how things come and go around.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:33 AM

The men and women in uniform serve to protect the rights guaranteed by the constitution.<br><br>As americans, we have the right to free speech.<br><br>As Americans, we also have the right to express our displeasure, or disagreement with the opinions of others. <br><br>We can do that buy not buying of, or from them. We can also do that by casting our vote come election time. <br><br>I just wish some would make good on their promises. Alec, Sean, Babs, Susan. Where was it you were going to go?
Old 03-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=cfm3110 link=board=10;threadid=12368;start=0#116970 date=1047916333]<br>i have been lookin around and i havent seen anything on these forums about the dixie tricks. Wow i woulda thought all you texans would have been livid. up here in louisville a few stations have banned them from the radio...I think it is awesome <br>[/quote]<br><br>We are livid. Many (most in fact) country stations aren't even playing their music any more.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:36 AM

I agree that they have a right to say what they want provided by the constitution, but that doesn't mean that people will keep supporting them, or buy their CD's. I know I won't, but that's just me. Just my tiny little statement to let them know that I don't agree with their views.
<br><br><br>JUst don't let 'em try and start a three word story here ... or Jack will be on them like stink on .............
Old 03-17-2003, 10:40 AM

[quote author=TX Ram link=board=10;threadid=12368;start=0#116973 date=1047917328]
I believe it was something to the effect of &quot;we are ashamed Bush is from Texas&quot; and they did not support the war. I don't think they should be getting in all the crap they are just because they have opinions, but I'm not sad to see them off the radio.
[/quote]

They DO deserve what they're getting. Not because they excercised their right to free speech...but because they went to a FOREIGN land and spoke out with an incredible amount of ignorance against this country and our president and, in my opinion, against my state. I would venture to say that the vast majority of Texans are very glad President Bush is from Texas. However, after their comments, I'm ashamed to call the Dixie Chicks Texans. I used to be a fan.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:43 AM

[quote author=Jack Thorpe link=board=10;threadid=12368;start=0#116974 date=1047917341]<br>I agree that they have a right to say what they want provided by the constitution, but that doesn't mean that people will keep supporting them, or buy their CD's. I know I won't, but that's just me. Just my tiny little statement to let them know that I don't agree with their views.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ditto.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

News story from www.msnbc.com<br><br>Radio Stations Drop Dixie Chicks
Old 03-17-2003, 11:21 AM

I liked some of their music but I like the president more. I voted for Bush and support him in the war. I think it would have been different if they said it infront of Americans and on American soil. It really makes me mad becaus they said it on forigen soil.<br>DM01
Old 03-17-2003, 01:27 PM

Hoss, for once, you and I are on the same page(as scary as that is). They also spoke out against Toby Keith's song, &quot;Red,White, and Blue&quot;. They said it was a stupid song and it promoted violence, or something to that affect. I wonder just what message thier hit song, &quot;Earl had to die&quot; was sending. Stupid hippy hipocrits. Here is a funny pic about those kind of people........

Quick Reply: I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!