Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How I've Changed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
At 55 I cant shake the lbs anymore without changing a few things.
I bet you CAN shake the pounds.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
That doesn't surprise me. That Chaikwa guy never has been very trustworthy.
The sheep dont trust him either..

Congrats Blake! Proud of ya buddy. I was looking through your FB photos the other day and I was amazed at the difference. My hats off to ya
Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Is that an invitation for me to try it? I'll just tell Robb "Blake told me to do it!"
You would!

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Blake, Scott pretty much summed it up. The biggest choice you have to make is the change in life style. It takes more than the surgery to stay on track, you have to adopt an entirely new way of thinking about life's choices. Starting with food is just the first step. I'm glad you decided to get started before you had something bad happen.
Thanks Rick!

Originally Posted by chaikwa
To be honest, I don't know if I could do it. I get pretty set in my ways and even the thought of the smallest of changes sends me off the deep end. Just the first sign of senility I guess.
You can. This was just a tool for me. It takes work and dedication.

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Congrats Blake! Proud of ya buddy. I was looking through your FB photos the other day and I was amazed at the difference. My hats off to ya
Thanks Eric.... but youre still not off the hook!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Thanks Eric.... but youre still not off the hook!

Stopping by on your way to PA?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Brother, you sure are doing good... I'm very proud of you. Someone else said you lost another person, you sure did!!! We're gonna have to call you 'Bl' now!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Blake, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Congratulations buddy, you look great!
Like a lot of folks, I've struggled with weight my whole life. My parents didn't teach me how to eat right, and old habits die hard. I've lost it, gained it, lost it again, gained it right on back... I'm at the point now where it's getting harder to loose, and realise it isn't just exercise that will help anymore. Changing habits is going to help more than anything, and it's a rest-of-my-life deal, not just a passing fad or a whim. I know what you mean about the kids, my daughter is 13 months and she wears me out... and she's not even walking yet!
Anyway, I know how tough it is, so thanks for sharing. Maybe you'll help motivate some folks into changing their ways too, (including me!)
Old 06-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Brother, you sure are doing good... I'm very proud of you. Someone else said you lost another person, you sure did!!! We're gonna have to call you 'Bl' now!
Thanks Mark. You know how much I appreciate the support! I know how hard you work to keep yourself in the condition you are and its an inspiration for sure. You are right though, I started at Blake, got to Bla, now its Bl.... pretty soon I might just be a "buh" sound....

Originally Posted by KD93
Blake, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Congratulations buddy, you look great!
Like a lot of folks, I've struggled with weight my whole life. My parents didn't teach me how to eat right, and old habits die hard. I've lost it, gained it, lost it again, gained it right on back... I'm at the point now where it's getting harder to loose, and realise it isn't just exercise that will help anymore. Changing habits is going to help more than anything, and it's a rest-of-my-life deal, not just a passing fad or a whim. I know what you mean about the kids, my daughter is 13 months and she wears me out... and she's not even walking yet!
Anyway, I know how tough it is, so thanks for sharing. Maybe you'll help motivate some folks into changing their ways too, (including me!)

Thank You Sir! Youre right. Its so easy to fall back into those bad habits. Ive been home for a month, and a few times strayed from my diet, but the guilty conscious and the realization of ruining my progress sets me back straight. Its a constant fight, Ill tell ya that much. But, If my little story here can help someone else, then it makes it that much more of a success!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
FYI, Dr Pepper was the hardest thing I had to give up. Sugar is the enemy, but man, its the sweetest enemy youll ever meet!
+1 this is so true. I am giving up all refined sugar, in coffee, drinks, desserts, etc.

good work Blake, I am 260# - about 50# more than I should be

it's gotta go!