Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Have you ever taken YOUR wife hunting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you ever taken YOUR wife hunting?

Man........thought HAS crossed my mind........nahhh........I'd have to cook and clean then! LOL Just kidding honey!!!
Attached Thumbnails Have you ever taken YOUR wife hunting?-wifehunting.jpg  
Old 01-05-2008, 11:30 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of the reason I go hunting is to get away from her.

I cant be the only one who got a deer on the first day and had to conceal it so I could continue to sleep in my tree stand the following days.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:02 AM

My wife hunts almost as much as i do. ( she is from West Virginia afterall )lol.

last year she killed one the first day and i didn't. I was on a mission the next day.. If I been skunked for the season I would have never lived that down.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WOW... just WOW... and yeah I take my wife hunting
Old 01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Took my Wife hunting, (she is also from West Virginia) She is the best hunting and fishing partner I ever had

We were in the woods about 17 years ago and from my stand I saw a old fellow working his way down the fence line. I thought he looked familiar and worked my way over to where my wife was to let her know we had company coming in.

Turned out to be her Father and he was absolutely stunned to run into her in the woods like that. He told me he always knew one day he would likely run into his son while hunting, but he never dreamed it would be his daughter

My wife is a crack shot, hanguns, rifles it matters not. We came out of the woods one day and she was the only one dragging her kill, with some 20 guys moping around their campers because they saw no game

Yeah I loved every minute of it

Oh and if you try to get her to wear a hat like that one, you better not have a glass jaw......She has a wicked right hook as well
Old 01-06-2008, 05:16 PM

Sounds like you really got a keeper Lary!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
Sounds like you really got a keeper Lary!
Oh yeah Pretty nice having a wife that begs me to go spend the weekend on the boat so she can do some fishing While I am getting the boat fired up and ready to leave the Marina, she will crawl around the creek bottom and catch lizards and Helgramites so we have some bait
Old 01-06-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
My wife is a crack shot, hanguns, rifles it matters not. We came out of the woods one day and she was the only one dragging her kill, with some 20 guys moping around their campers because they saw no game
Thats why West Virginia girls are keepers for sure. They know how to live..

I recently asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas, I thought she would say something like a new cell phone, computer or something girlie. She didn't hesitate and said "I want a new handgun" So, she got a nice Glock from Santa...
Old 01-06-2008, 06:42 PM

no i have not. but talk about HUNTING i am a new member and i have been hunting for over an hour on this Editsite to find the new users introduction forum . when i signed in for the first time a message asked me to introduce myself on this forum. also unable to find how to post a question. can anyone help tanks
Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I believe you have just introduced yourself of sorts. Go to UserCP and fill out your signature so when you post your truck info will be displayed. Learn how to use the search function and advanced search. You will find most of your questions have already been asked. These guys are great and spend a lot of effort making the site work but will not tolerate foul language etc. As far as posting a question, go to the appropriate section (such as 3rd gen non drivetrain), go down to the bottom left and click "New Thread" and post away. There are other ways of doing it but it works for me.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

My old dad says "A hunting wife is almost as good as a hunting dog" My wife likes to shoot but will not hunt anymore. Years back, she wounded a rabbit, rabbit hid in really thick willow screaming. Took her about 10 min to find it and finally finish putting it down. Oh well, at least she still likes the camping.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:19 PM

Thanks

I have done the signature thing and will try the others Thank A Bunch
Old 01-06-2008, 08:17 PM

my wife got me into hunting. no matter what she always comes home with something. now i just have to figure out how to do that. had a bad season, lost and missed everything. might have to stick with crown land next year.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I took my wife plinking right after we married. She had not fired a gun much. She shot better than Annie Oakley. NO! I won't take her hunting. Way too embarassing.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 PM

I took my wife deer hunting about 10 yrs ago. Put her in a box stand with a 30:06. All she did was read a book.

Quick Reply: Have you ever taken YOUR wife hunting?