Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Has anyone used?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone used?

Has anyone used the James Lehman Total Transformation?
I have a 8 yr old daughter that has become just down right disrepectful to me, her mom and her two younger sisters. She just does not care!!
I have tryed all the usual stuff
Grounded
Taken away her TV, Ipod, bicycle BB gun, toys etc. etc.
Bust her but, she cries then says she's sorry then just does it again.
Sometimes she's just the most sweetest girl in the world wanting to help me out around the house, fixin things then I ask her to do something else and it's like she is a different child.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Brad
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried the spanking method? I know it worked with ours untill the teen years. Then the taking away privliges game started as it was more effective at that point. How far down Telephone Rd. are you anyway?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know about the one you mentioned but I've heard good things about this one.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by nkennedy
Have you tried the spanking method? I know it worked with ours untill the teen years. Then the taking away privliges game started as it was more effective at that point. How far down Telephone Rd. are you anyway?
See below
Originally Posted by DADDY'S DIESEL
Telephone and Fuqua is where I work. Close to the beltway
I live in Pearland

Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
Don't know about the one you mentioned but I've heard good things about this one.
I will look in to that one but what if it's Thrusday?
Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Chapter President

What I have seen to be effective (I am not a parent). Take everything away. Empty out her room except for a mattress and clothes. Feed her and no mistreatment of course. Sell it or get rid of it, store it away. She has to earn it back by being good.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The total transformantion has worked for us. We have a 10 yr old with AD and spanking and all the timeouts, groundings, and everything was not working (especially with the wifey). She was at her end when I brought it home. It comes with a workbook and all that. I got the extra stuff like the email updates. Try it for 30 days but my guess is you will keep it also.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:19 PM

She shares a room with one of her sisters I dont think that would be fair.

Thanks Foxborough
I'm looking to buy it from ebay it's a little cheaper.
Where did you buy yours from?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I found disciplining my kids to be more of a challenge for me and my wife then it was for our kids. No matter what the punishment was if we were not on the same page ALL the time it did not work. I know, easier said then done. After many many discussions my wife and I were able to get to a point where no matter what the kids said or did we were always on the same page. Once the kids realized this they came right in line. (normal kid stuff aside) It does burn one parent out before the other, and even as frustrating as it was I look back now and see how well it actually worked.

Good luck, and thanks for caring enough about your kids to want to actually do something about it.

Sorry I can't comment on the program you are looking at, I hope it works for you.

Tim
Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will look in to that one but what if it's Thrusday?
Thanks
Is next Friday soon enough?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 PM

Your right a week is good but I was just joking with ya
Thanks for trying to help like I said I will look in to the book.

Hvytrkmech thanks for the advise I will put to use.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:52 AM

Does Total Transformation Work?

Hi Brad,

I feel your pain. We were struggling with our 9 year old son: constant talking back, disrespect, hitting his little brother, defiant in school, etc. We tried a bunch of things (some of which were recommended on this board by others) and nothing worked until we broke down and bought the Total Transformation. It really worked. Plus it helped us better understand our roles and how to establish firm limits, yet create an environment in which our children could succeed. The difference in our home is nothing short of miraculous.

I say go for it. I think they still offer a 30-day trial so there is nothing to lose.You can also read my Total Transformation review here.

I hope this isn't considered off-topic, but after all, if we can all help others to have happier, more peaceful homes, then we help create a better world.

Has anyone used the James Lehman Total Transformation?
I have a 8 yr old daughter that has become just down right disrepectful to me, her mom and her two younger sisters. She just does not care!!
I have tryed all the usual stuff
Grounded
Taken away her TV, Ipod, bicycle BB gun, toys etc. etc.
Sometimes she's just the most sweetest girl in the world wanting to help me out around the house, fixin things then I ask her to do something else and it's like she is a different child.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Brad
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tossing some Prayer your way for good measure.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 AM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
It sounds like an attention thing to me, my 7 yo pulls stunts to garner attention away from the boys. If discipline is where you are at try taking her bedroom door off the hinges. This takes any privacy away and lets her know where you stand in regards to getting her straightened out. Communication is key right now...somethings bothering her to make her screw up. Find out what it is and help her thru it. She really needs you right now. Prayers sent.

Kurt
Old 01-30-2009, 03:38 AM

I like the suggestion of taking the door off the hinges in certain situations. Every time a parent says to me that the or she doesn't know what is going on when the kid closews the door, that's the first thing I say, "If there was no door, that would solve part of your probelm right there."

It is also a bold move which will make an impression on kids who are much to used to seeing that there are few (or worse, no) consequences to their negative behaviors. Unfortunately, they learn all too soon only to pay attention tio actions, as they know that parents make too many idle threats that have no teeth.

Getting off the soapbox! Anyway, in reference to your original question, there is an extensive review (donzens of entries on the program) here: Total Transformation Program review. It includes information about the program, its philosophy, and methods as well as discussion and opinion about the Total Transformation techniques.

Hope you find the solution that works best for your family soon, Brad.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:34 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man, I have 3 boys, and they are different, but somewhat the same...

The biggest thing (I think) is to just be constantly demanding. Kids will be kids, but we draw the line somewhere.

It's a tough job... keep the faith...