Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Gotta love those Democrats .....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...while i believe it was great we took care of Hussein and freed the Iraqi people of him..where again were those WMD's that BOTH sides had agreed were hiding in the desert?Gimme a break folks..don't ya dare put me on the same side as Kerry...i'm an independant thinker... G.O.P.=Greed,Oil & Plunder Not all problems have an American solution..problem is Bush acted either too late or they never had the weapons to begin with,and so far there's very minimal traces of them.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:19 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Dem facts, (sorry, could not resist the pun) are well known to a few but the media deliberately choose not to push them.
The silence and lack of debate so far is fascinating!
Old 09-11-2004, 11:18 AM

Good Post, I enjoyed reading it. It just scares me that most of America will not see facts like these. I am also relieved to know that a good number of the users on this site are for the RIGHT side.
-Amanda-
Old 09-11-2004, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by Cummnzpowr
..problem is Bush acted either too late or they never had the weapons to begin with,and so far there's very minimal traces of them.
I believe it was NATO that was in charge of looking for them, and did a horrible job of it. Then they wouldn't let Bush look for them until he had to force the issue, at which time it was most definately too late.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:06 PM

Debate? For what? I'm not here to debate, I'm not going to change your minds and your sure aren't going to change mine. Yes so every body under the sun thought there were WMD at one time or another, so what? Only one went off half cocked and started a war with that as an excuse. Attacking a country that has never killed one single American until that time. mmmmm and still no WMD?
Old 09-11-2004, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmmm, maybe GOP means "God, Opportunity, and Production."

I get tired of the conspiracy theories. Neither Bush nor Kerry is trying to conciously demean America. Good or bad both Bush and Kerry would be attempting to lead America for good, it is just the direction and methods that are in question.

Like two little kids, only the media and people like Moore are doing the name calling initially. "I can do it better" "no I can do it better" "I can do it better than you"

Personally I think that the Bush family has the object of "God and Country" way a head of the Clinton/Kerry theory of how America should be run.

If the trashy idiots like Moore would get out of the limelight and let the candidates discuss their plans and positions the American people could have some semblence of a decision.

How many people on this board could stant the scruteny that is judged on Bush and Kerry. How many never got drunk in the service, never deflowered a young girl, never skipped classes in college. How many could stand a full investegation of their personal life back to near teen age?

America needs to ease up and look at the issues at hand, analize the direction each intends to take the country. Do we want the Social Government to dominate or do we want to go back to the values of a more stable time in America. Both candidates are expanding government and spending tax money too freely, so look at the other issues, it is Bush and Kerry that are running, there are no other obvious choices.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Banned

You are so right H I D

I always tought that the point of a good debate was to learn from it waht was good and what not to repeat, and in no way to beat someone over the head with mistakes.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
HiD, good post. I for one am sick and tired of hearing ad nauseum about Viet Nam. That is ancient history, forget it and instead take a look at recent history.

Re the WMD, I find it interesting that very few people anywhere have taken note of the fact that truck after truck went from Iraq to Syria just before the war. There is a very good chance that all Saddam's WMD are now in Syria, possibly the terror capitol of the world.
It is also interesting that the Bible predicts the total destruction of Damascus. Hmmmm, wonder if it's terrorism and Saddam's MD could have anything to do with this? If you want to look it up for yourself, go to Isaiah 17, Jeremiah 49:23-27 & Amos 1:3-5.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Once again- I am confused as to which is the Flip flopper-

Bush is against campaign finance reform; then he's for it.

Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.

Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.

Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he's for it.

Bush is against nation building; then he's for it.

Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.

Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's
against them again.

Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian
conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State.

Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for
changing the constitution.

Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire,
police, emergency), then he doesn't.

Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he cuts benefits

Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden.
Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't
care.

Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts
drilling on Padre Island.

Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.

Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will

Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say's he shouldn't have.

Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to
sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would
not call for a vote

Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors.
Bush later admits it was his advance team.

Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the
US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.

Bush said he would appoint a czar to create manufacturing jobs. He never did it.
Bush was against amnesty for illegal aliens. Now he's for it.

Bush was against Presidents doing an end run around Congress to pack
the courts. Then he did it.

Bush gave million dollar Iraq contracts to Halliburton without making
sure they wouldn't overcharge us. Now he's investigating them for
overcharging.

Bush told people global warming isn't a threat. Now his Defense Dept
says it can end civilization in 25 years.

Bush promised to end the tax cuts after a few years. Then he made them permanent.

Bush said we shouldn't fight two wars at once. Then he sent troops to
Haiti while Americans are dying in Iraq.

Bush was for the rebels in Haiti trying to bring down Aristide. Now
he's fighting the rebels.
Bush is against campaign finance reform; then he's for it.

Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.

BUSH WILL NOT OFFER NUCLEAR NORTH KOREA INCENTIVES TO DISARM... "We developed a bold approach under which, if the North addressed our long-standing concerns, the United States was prepared to take important steps that would have significantly improved the lives of the North Korean people. Now that North Korea's covert nuclear weapons program has come to light, we are unable to pursue this approach." [President's Statement, 11/15/02]

...BUSH ADMINISTRATION OFFERS NORTH KOREA INCENTIVES TO DISARM"Well, we will work to take steps to ease their political and economic isolation. So there would be -- what you would see would be some provisional or temporary proposals that would only lead to lasting benefit after North Korea dismantles its nuclear programs. So there would be some provisional or temporary efforts of that nature." [White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, 6/23/04]

BUSH PROMISES TO FORCE OPEC TO LOWER PRICES... "What I think the president ought to do [when gas prices spike] is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price." [President Bush, 1/26/00]

...BUSH REFUSES TO LOBBY OPEC LEADERS With gas prices soaring in the United States at the beginning of 2004, the Miami Herald reported the president refused to "personally lobby oil cartel leaders to change their minds." [Miami Herald, 4/1/04]

BUSH OPPOSES THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY..."So, creating a Cabinet office doesn't solve the problem. You still will have agencies within the federal government that have to be coordinated. So the answer is that creating a Cabinet post doesn't solve anything." [White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, 3/19/02]

...BUSH SUPPORTS THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY "So tonight, I ask the Congress to join me in creating a single, permanent department with an overriding and urgent mission: securing the homeland of America and protecting the American people." [President Bush, Address to the Nation, 6/6/02]

BUSH SAYS WE FOUND THE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION..."We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories...for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." [President Bush, Interview in Poland, 5/29/03]

...BUSH SAYS WE HAVEN'T FOUND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION "David Kay has found the capacity to produce weapons.And when David Kay goes in and says we haven't found stockpiles yet, and there's theories as to where the weapons went. They could have been destroyed during the war. Saddam and his henchmen could have destroyed them as we entered into Iraq. They could be hidden. They could have been transported to another country, and we'll find out." [President Bush, Meet the Press, 2/7/04]

BUSH WANTS OSAMA DEAD OR ALIVE... "I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'" [President Bush, on Osama Bin Laden, 09/17/01]

...BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT OSAMA "I don't know where he is.You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him."[President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]

I have hundreds more- you want them?
Old 09-11-2004, 08:39 PM

Their is only one question to answer which one will protect the USA? BUSH or (kerry It shure won't be the UN.)
Old 09-11-2004, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by CruisingRam
......I have hundreds more- you want them?
The roaring silence.....
Old 09-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Banned

It's a never ending debate people...let's just agree to disagree and hope that America makes the RIGHT choice come November.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:02 AM

Hey cruisingram I want them. The first 28 statements you made are just that, STATEMENTS from you.
As I have read history I remember a great General Patton was quoted as saying a lot of thing also out of context..
You can bend things to fit your thinking.. I am ready to see these two candidates dabate the fact one on one out in the open..
Bush is not a polished speaker so we will see how he handles it. Kerry is a monotone speaker that seems to read from a script, so we will see how he thinks on his feet..
I will probably be disappointed because the debate forum questions have possibly been supplied in advance, so it really is no debate.
HID I like your style, well stated..
Oh by the way cruisingram you forgot "Bush is a lier"
One last thing, I am an independent, I am the guy on the fence that can be swayed either way. I just feel that when discussing the facts that the Democratic party has deserted my ideals. I travel extensively & frequently across the United States & Mexico & Canada and see both extreme left and right. A Southern Democrate is more conservative than a Republican. I will continue to look at the facts, and decide from them. I just hope that I can find them thru the liberal smoke screen...

Glad to be here, were we can type this dribble
Old 09-12-2004, 12:14 PM

Gotta love that out of context stuff. Where would the media be without it?
Old 09-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by CruisingRam

I have hundreds more- you want them?
Yeah you have lots of rhetoric there, however your facts seem to be missing in action

Quick Reply: Gotta love those Democrats .....