Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Gotta love those Democrats .....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:23 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mexstan
Sorry, but on this point I really do not agree with you. America has technically been bankrupt for years and the so called surplus that Clinton supposedly generated was not a true surplus. The reality is that the US was trillions of dollars in debt before, during and after the Clinton administartion.

CNN Report September 27, 2000

The federal budget surplus for fiscal year 1999 was $122.7 billion, and $69.2 billion for fiscal year 1998. Those back-to-back surpluses, the first since 1957, allowed the Treasury to pay down $138 billion in national debt.

I guess believe what you want to believe.

I'm sure someone will say something about the liberal media now.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:23 PM

I agree with others on this site who are getting tired of this whole debate. I see more and more that the ABB crowd will do ANYTHING to get rid of Bush, and will vote for anybody who can topple Bush, even if it is bad for the country. Very short sighted.
I agree. If Kerry does win, it will be only because people voted for him because he's "not Bush". I don't know how many times I've heard that, and mostly by people who don't know anything at all about Kerry, except he's "not Bush". That is no way to cast a vote for any kind of election.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by erics76
No, you listed all the negative things you could about Bush. The same could be done about Kerry, but that doesn't give the whole picture on either one.

no i could list many more.

but you are right.... someone else will do the same for kerry.

it is fun going round and round but eveyone knows their mind is made up and no one is going to change it.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by erics76
I agree. If Kerry does win, it will be only because people voted for him because he's "not Bush". I don't know how many times I've heard that, and mostly by people who don't know anything at all about Kerry, except he's "not Bush". That is no way to cast a vote for any kind of election.

if that is true then what does that say about bush?

people hate bush enough to vote for someone that they know nothing about????
Old 09-13-2004, 10:47 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
CNN Report September 27, 2000

The federal budget surplus for fiscal year 1999 was $122.7 billion, and $69.2 billion for fiscal year 1998. Those back-to-back surpluses, the first since 1957, allowed the Treasury to pay down $138 billion in national debt.

I guess believe what you want to believe.
That is what CNN reported, but you miss my point. Go back and check closely into how that surplus was calculated for those two years. I think you will find that there was some constructive manipulating that was never done in the past. Ask yourself why for those two years the money from pensions was added in.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:14 AM

I was one that could have & still be swayed, But this will be my last post on this forum...
IT IS ALL B.S. POLITICS & MUDSLINGING....
So long fellas, & thanks T7 you have rerally sent me in the right direction, even if you claim it is all in fun.
Stan I think you see through a lot more smoke than the firefighter
Old 09-14-2004, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is what CNN reported, but you miss my point. Go back and check closely into how that surplus was calculated for those two years. I think you will find that there was some constructive manipulating that was never done in the past. Ask yourself why for those two years the money from pensions was added in.
Stan, you're right on here. The way the federal government does accounting would land them in prison if they were a private entity. Someone posted something about Ken Lay and Enron--the feds make Enron look responsible. It's all smoke and mirrors.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:55 AM

I see more and more that the ABB crowd will do ANYTHING to get rid of Bush, and will vote for anybody who can topple Bush, even if it is bad for the country. Very short sighted.
Or, could it be that many people believe that toppling Bush would be good for the country?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by LRAmberson
I was one that could have & still be swayed, But this will be my last post on this forum...
IT IS ALL B.S. POLITICS & MUDSLINGING....
So long fellas, & thanks T7 you have rerally sent me in the right direction, even if you claim it is all in fun.
Stan I think you see through a lot more smoke than the firefighter

bye
I think you have inhaled more smoke than the firefighter, not sure what kind of smoke however.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
This one is done

It always has to turn personal