Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Got Burned on Craigslist

Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Burned on Craigslist

Traded my .270 for a PSE NOVA bow that was advertised as having no cracks or delams. Seller confirmed it was inspected by the local bow shop as only needing to be restrung. Took it to be restrung the very next day and was told it was cracked beyond repair and replacement limbs are not available. I made contact with the guy and of course he says all trades/sales final and that he was truthful but he clearly lied through his teeth. This is a great learning experience for me but I still feel as if he should have some backbone and make this right. I saved his original add, which he promptly deleted after me threatening false advertisement and taking legal action. Is there anything I can really do other than find his address and pay him a visit? I know this is what I get, I'm not looking for a lecture, just trying to recoup my rifle and give him back his POS bow. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Take him to small claims court...keep a copy of his ad and document what the bow shop told you.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:56 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for ya. Like Top said, if you have to, go small claims. If no small claims, just remember that time is sort of on your side and that the guy gave you a new mission in life.
In addition to a frontal attack, put a little note next to your computer reminding you to post one bad review about the guy every day even if it means making a new hotmail account every day.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Txwelder
Is there anything I can really do other than find his address and pay him a visit?
You say "find his address". Didn't you make a bill of sale or some other such document to record the transaction of a firearm trading hands? I wouldn't pay the guy ANY visits. I'd do what Lary suggests and let the process server pay him a visit with his court notice.