Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Good Morning Breakroom 4/10-4/16

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 07:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
It's a great day to show my LEGGS.
I'll do that while I cook bacon n EGGS.
Massive spread of foods for your enjoyment.
Special garlic spinach phoo for ewe know who.
WHAT?????????????? GARLIC SPINACH PH00??????????? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING????? Only "LEGGS" could ever come up with that one. (by the way - - - you missed one spot behind your right knee with your Wesson Oil coating)

Hey, you know what - - that ph00 is not all that bad. Not good, but not that bad as it sounds. .....................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Saturday - - nuther week in the books. Wow, time is flying. Gotta get out and work on my water softener. GGRRR.

L8R

Bob
Old 04-16-2016, 07:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the spread Scotty...Bob is going to love that special phoo blend of yours...the aroma is heavenly
Old 04-16-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
Hey guys, haven't been around in a while. Been playing with my Nismo 370z that just got totaled Some creamed me in the rear. I have to herniated disk to go with it...LOL Oh what luck.
Ever get the feeling that without bad luck, you'd have no luck at all?

That fancy bolstered seat didn't protect you?
Old 04-16-2016, 11:42 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Taking the next couple days off, I hope. Need to recover from this crud, what ever it is.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YAY! 2 days in a row off!! Thinking of going to North Platte to the tower at the rail yard and watch the trains at night. They stay open one Saturday evening a month after dark.

Decided it's not worth dealing with the former boss again to try to get my money for the truck. I was pretty stressed out early this week. Then I found out that the third new guy they hired (after 2 felons, one meth, one fraud) drove off the road, through a tree claim, through a power pole, and stopped when he hit a ditch deep enough to hang up the pick-up. With a load of cattle behind him. Ran up to the truck and found him on the floor having a seizure. Truck's done for. Trailer has a stump stuck through the floor. Cattle? Don't know how they are.

I'm thinking an engine brake, wheel seal, and a set of brake shoes probably would have been pretty cheap about now. Oh, well. Doing a lot better working elsewhere now.

I have an idea on the truck I'm now driving. Put some LEDs on the steps so I can light up where I'm going to be turning. I think if I use a dpdt switch, and tie a relay into each turn signal circuit, I should be able to run from the headlight switch, to one side of the dpdt, to the relays, and when the lights are on, and the signal is activated, the corresponding light should turn on automatically. The other side of the DPDT would come from switched power, allowing 3 modes. Manual both on, off, and automatic with signal and lights.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:47 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Decided it's not worth dealing with the former boss again to try to get my money for the truck. I was pretty stressed out early this week. Then I found out that the third new guy they hired (after 2 felons, one meth, one fraud) drove off the road, through a tree claim, through a power pole, and stopped when he hit a ditch deep enough to hang up the pick-up. With a load of cattle behind him. Ran up to the truck and found him on the floor having a seizure. Truck's done for. Trailer has a stump stuck through the floor. Cattle? Don't know how they are.

I'm thinking an engine brake, wheel seal, and a set of brake shoes probably would have been pretty cheap about now. Oh, well. Doing a lot better working elsewhere now.
Sometimes witnessing a little Karma is good for the soul.

That guy's a lost cause. Don't look back, or waste any time or effort on anger, regrets or any of that stuff. Just forge ahead unfettered.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
All finished with chores. A friend dro[[ed by and gave me 3 dozen farm fresh eggs. I made a pile of fried egg sandwiches. Help yourself! (The ones on the left have an extra bit of home made hot pepper in them). The cat helped me type this by walking on the keyboard. Figured I'd leave his input since he thought it was that important.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmmmm fried egg sammiches...with a kick!
Old 04-16-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Sometimes witnessing a little Karma is good for the soul.

That guy's a lost cause. Don't look back, or waste any time or effort on anger, regrets or any of that stuff. Just forge ahead unfettered.
Yup. Hard to let go, I put 5 1/5 years in out there.
He's going to have to rethink his pay rate. Taco Bell in North Platte is hiring people at $10 an hour right now, offering to pay for classes for GED if no diploma, offering tuition assistance for college. Getting pretty close to what he was paying me. I was making about 2/3 of what anyone else his size is paying. Another farmer told me it sounds as though $50K wouldn't be out of line, and he'd have put me on if corn was still around $5, but at $3 there's no way he could do it.

I haven't gone anywhere today. I've heard over 4 inches of rain so far in places. That's a lot of water for here. About one sixth of the average annual rainfall. I'm debating how much I really need to go over to the other building and get my quilt tonight.

Should have rolled up the windows on the amigo. Seats are probably soaked. Only down a quarter inch, but this is a lot of rain. Hopefully I rolled them clear up on the super duty