Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

First Bow Kill(s)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Bow Kill(s)

Well, I killed my first deer with a bow this morning. Never really got into bowhunting much before, just usually wait for black powder and rifle seasons to lay the smack down. Went this morning, and saw all kinds of deer. Killed a big doe at about 20 yards, I had an illuminated nock on that arrow, which was awesome to see go streaking down and blow through both lungs. Then Mr. 3 point came up to the base of my tree about 30 minutes later, and I arched him. Just call me the Buckmaster . Right down through the spine, he dropped at 6 yards, and I took a picture from the stand with my phone, you can see my bow sights and then the deer with the arrow sticking in it. Oh, to say I'm hooked now would be an understatement. I cleaned the two deer, then shot my deer target to pieces this afternoon, then went hunting again. Going again tomorrow AM, I can't wait. The bambi slayathon has begun.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:55 AM

Lets see the pics!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 AM

Congrats in the 1st and 2nd kill!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:59 AM

Shot a big doe this morning with the bow. Saw 2 nice bucks, there were so many does around I couldn't get them to come in. I grunted like crazy, tickled the rattling horns, everything, they'd just look across the field, flick their tail and keep sniffing the does. Must have been close to 20 does and young deer in there this morning.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:03 AM

Well I'm now officially obsessed with bow hunting. Went this morning, and actually restrained myself from waxing some does. Hard, but I managed. Our gun season starts on Saturday, I think I'll have enough patience to hold out all season for a big deer, and not start crushing does left and right like I usually do.

All I can think about now is deer, guns, and shooting stuff with the bow. Think I'd try to shoot skeet with it, if I wouldn't lose my arrows.

Got my .45-70 sighted in yesterday with those new 325 grain Lever Revolution bullets from Hornaday. They're bad. Kick like a mule, but shoot in the same hole. The 7STW is still on, sighted at 300 yards. Put some planks across a ditch this weekend, out in the middle of a big soybean field, and made a little shooting table on them with some sawhorses. It's only about a foot above the ground level, we'll see what the deer think about that. That ought to throw them off for a while. Gonna sit out there Saturday afternoon with the STW and a sand bag, and bust Mr. 9 pointer in the brisket.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:11 AM

i grew up in a small town and that is all we ever did was shoot our bows
i was very poor and never owned a compound till i was proly.... 25or26 loved to shoot it as well but missed my recurve then my wifes cousin tells me last year that he still has my first recurve that i traded him for somthing or other as a kid never got a deer bow hunting but always had fun
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 AM

Sinced I moved to NM I got into bow hunting. There is nothing more fun than hunting bull elk during the sept rut. I also go to 3D shoots. If you can afford to put in for a mature bull elk bowhunt in NM, do it. This year I quided for my friend since I did not draw a tag. We took a 338 6x6.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Congratulations are in order. I went three years without killing anything and then I finally decided anything with a bow is a trophy and shot a doe at 50 yards and she fell over after running 10 yards. Then I bought another tag and shot a 35" muley on the last night of the season on the last hour. We had to go back and get it the last morning. I don't have any pics scanned into the computer or else I would post them. Once I picked up a bow I got rid of every rifle I have had!

Shane