Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ever had a bad day?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever had a bad day?

I guess mine has been one so far today. I took off work today because i need to get registered for my college classes, which i am late on doing anyways. Plus it has been the hottest week of the whole year here, and i figure why not take off a day, and be able to take it a little easier, and get some stuff done. So i got up around 10:00, called my advisor about 3 or 4 times before deciding around 11:30 im gonna go get some lunch. So I get ready, and head to town, which is about a 10 minute drive. Get to town and we dont have many choices on food, so I just went to McDonalds. Got in the drive through, and ordered a double quarter pounder, large coke, and 2 apple pies. Well as soon as i am pulling away from the drive through window, i hear my truck making a lot of racket from up front. Well I always park, and eat my food in my truck if im by myself anyways, so I pulled into a space. Looked at the volt meter, and it was pretty low, so I figured my belt had broken. Got out and take a look, and sure enough. So i turned it off, and opened my McD's bag so i can eat in the heat with no A/C now.Open my burger and it is a single quarter pounder. Not a real big deal, but i do like to get what i order. I just ate it anyways, then decided to try and make it to Napa which is just a 1/4 mile up the road. I made it there with the temp gauge getting to about 200*, walked inside and got me a fan belt. Came back out, and got to looking around, and only 2 out of 6 bolts are holding the fan pulley on really loosely... Crap. So i went back in, and i did get really lucky and they had the exact bolts i needed. I had all the tools i needed in the truck, but i did ruin a good shirt, and get to lay in Napas parking lot in the 95* heat putting on the dang belt and tightening up the pulley. I was just glad i had the tools to do it. Anyways, i am filthy now, and I still havent heard anything from my advisor even though i left a message, and i didnt get to get my haircut, or order a new pair of boots. it has just been a hectic day, so i had to vent a little. I thank the lord for my good health, and the family and friends i have, but some days you just cant help but gripe

Eric
Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Chapter President

Yea belt snapping days are like that. I had one like that in my 91' last summer. Are you in the KCTCS system? The usually let you sign up until the last mintue anyways. Did you think about walking inside MCd's to eat?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM

No, I go to EKU, but we can pretty much sign up till the last minute anyways. it just cuts down on your choices for classes, and what times you can take them. I thought about going into McD's but i didnt really feel like it. I eat pretty fast

Eric
Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by cumminsdriver635
No, I go to EKU, but we can pretty much sign up till the last minute anyways. it just cuts down on your choices for classes, and what times you can take them. I thought about going into McD's but i didnt really feel like it. I eat pretty fast

Eric
Yea most of the time I wonder if I tasted what I just ate. I am taking all of my classes now online thourgh MSU online. Its not too bad, it allows me a free schedule for work. Hopefully the rest of your day will be better .
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM

yup one of those days that you thinks going to be easy and you wind up dirty and sweaty just like if you went to work
Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Yeah, well I blew the HG on my 98 Friday night, my brother is driving my 95 while he truck is getting a bed put on it, so I'm stuck driving a 81 VW Rabbit Pickup with no A/C and windows that are about
. <--- That big Although it does have stacks, so at least I have something to listen to I drove it for about an hour yesterday and was soaked with sweat by the time I got out...my new weight loss program

Chris
Old 08-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Yeah, last Sunday, when I dented my front bumper hitting a concrete post. Literally the day after I got my title to the truck...
Old 08-08-2007, 03:19 PM

Yeah, that would suck! I did that last year about a week after I got the truck:d

Chris
Old 08-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CTDinMT
Yeah, last Sunday, when I dented my front bumper hitting a concrete post. Literally the day after I got my title to the truck...
Did the same thing the weekend after I got mine.

I guess these trucks are a wee bit longer than what we were used to driving.

phox
Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 PM

Well, the one good thing is now the insurance is paying 1K towards my Ranch Hand bumper I've been wanting. So I guess all's well that ends well. I'll tell you, the title is BAD luck!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by allisfarmer
yup one of those days that you thinks going to be easy and you wind up dirty and sweaty just like if you went to work
And that day was today for me. I've been off my regular job installing hardwood floors with my dad's company since last wednesday. I've been helping my grandfather fix his work boat, he ran into a channel marker in the Wye River (MD guys know what I'm talking about, Eastern Shore guys anyways) because it was really foggy that morning. Anyways, today we were supposed to go back overboard. All we had to do this morning was put some trim up where we just fixed the hole. That went pretty easy. Well then I had to paint all the trim around the wash board. So I climbed up on the 8 ft. ladder, almost fell off, and started painting in 115* heat, direct sunlight. Alright, got that done. We went to lunch (Mickey D's ha ha) my order was messed up too, and so was my little brother's. We went back to work to sand the area we had put West System on to waterproof it, it needed another coat of paint. It hadn't set up yet so we put some cleats on the deck of the boat. That required me (6ft, 275lbs) to go into the former bathroom at the front of the boat and put on the washers and nuts. Smallest area I've ever climbed into. It was already 115 outside, but inside where I was it was about 125. As I tried to get a better position, my head ran into the sharp end of a nail, not fun, my head started bleeding. So I got that done and then had to fish some wire for the light through a little hole. The wire had some glue on it, I couldn't get it off. Used a filet knife (I have no clue why it was lying on the table) to get it off. Finished that and got down off the boat. Got the rest of the paint on, then dropped the boat overboard. She looks good, real good. Cost over $2,000 to get a 5ft x 4ft hole fixed. Then to top it off, my girlfriend had some kinda issue I had to help her with. But now I'm home, in the air conditioning. So any of you have a bad day today too?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 PM

After reading this thread, my day was just fine, thank you very much. Hey, there's always tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Banned

So far I have you topped on bad days.

Ever have a wife say she is leaving you on a good camping trip sitting around a nice fire one night a couple of hundred miles from home? And then have to drive back home with the B' in the truck next too you for a couple of hours?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
been having those everyday for about 6 months, it really sucks anymore, i flip over the smallest stuff cause of all the crap that happens, nothing ever goes right. i have learned 1 thing here lately, no good deed goes unpunished.....ever.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by phloop
So far I have you topped on bad days.

Ever have a wife say she is leaving you on a good camping trip sitting around a nice fire one night a couple of hundred miles from home? And then have to drive back home with the B' in the truck next too you for a couple of hours?

dude I would have left her there and told her to find her own ride home cause "you aint stepping foot in the one thing that wont ever leave me"

Quick Reply: Ever had a bad day?