Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Easiest Mod Ever

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easiest Mod Ever

(Not talking about Phox (the Mod) here)

Finally got around to laying out a whopping $10 for the RCA cord that connects my iPod Shuffle (or wifes 30G one) to the stereo head unit in my truck. Hid the cord so you can't see it when not in use. Best and easiest mod I have done (ok, except the Smarty earlier this week). Between satellite radio and the iPod, I could care less if any head unit I ever buy even has a CD anymore.

~Rob
Old 03-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what annoys me? How I've had an MP3 player for years, and there hasn't been a single head unit with input jacks anywhere on the planet, and now this IHOP thing comes out and you can't find a head unit without input jacks anywhere on the market.

I mean, why is it that I had the thing, and when I had it I never got to use anything but those stupid little cassette-input things, and now everybody else gets an I-Pod, and they all get to wire it up into their dash all slick like.

They should all have to suffer like I did. All of them.

.. . .

The next I-Pod I see; I think I'm going to weld it to a lawnmower blade and start driving over mattress springs...

Stupid I-Pods... No brunettes anywhere in the God forsaken state...

Uargh.......
Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 PM

Begle....

Dude you need a break....Drive on over...We'll go to my place by the tracks....I can fix you up with a nice brunette, redhead....Whatever trips your trigger.....

But I'm locking up my ipod before we go
Old 03-06-2006, 07:44 AM

Just get a head unit with mp3 decoding then burn a couple 10 hr cd's and you're set
Old 03-06-2006, 08:07 AM

i got an FM Transmitter for mine. you can use these on any audio device too. it works pretty nice and sounds good too. i do have the input jacks though and i have a Sony Xplod cd player for the record. but even though it sounds pretty good with the transmitter i bet it'd sound better if i plug it in the back what ya think? and hotdram can you tell me where you ran your wires to hide them when not in use? maybe even some pics .
Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by chevysucksgas
i got an FM Transmitter for mine. you can use these on any audio device too. it works pretty nice and sounds good too. i do have the input jacks though and i have a Sony Xplod cd player for the record. but even though it sounds pretty good with the transmitter i bet it'd sound better if i plug it in the back what ya think? and hotdram can you tell me where you ran your wires to hide them when not in use? maybe even some pics .
Yep, sounds much better with a direct hookup via the RCA jacks versus an FM modulator. My wife has an FM modulator for her Sirius in her car, sounds good, but not as good as the direct tuner hookup that I have for Sirius in the truck. Plus, I never have to worry about interference from a local station. I will try to get some pics.

~Rob
Old 03-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

The easiest mod I've ever done was my hitch plug.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by hotdram
Yep, sounds much better with a direct hookup via the RCA jacks versus an FM modulator. My wife has an FM modulator for her Sirius in her car, sounds good, but not as good as the direct tuner hookup that I have for Sirius in the truck. Plus, I never have to worry about interference from a local station. I will try to get some pics.

~Rob
yup. that's what i fugured is that it'd sound better through the RCAs. and that'd be great if ya could get some pics of that where you hid your wires.
thanks
Old 03-07-2006, 06:38 AM

Well, didn't get a pic of the cable, but I can show you here what I did:

I ran the cable from behind the stereo, drilled a hole in the inside of the pocket where the CB is mounted and put the cable in there. It hides out of way when not in use.
I see you have an auto, chevysucksgas, so your layout is a little different than mine.

~Rob
Old 03-07-2006, 10:11 AM

thanks for the pic! i appreciate it. and ya mine is an auto so it is different but i was thinkin that i could drill a hole in that 'lil compartment next to the radio. what ya think of that?