Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR June break room. Come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 09:30 AM

Received 417 Likes on 319 Posts
DTR June break room. Come on in!

June all ready, time flies when your having fun. Especially this time of year when the days are so long.
Open for business, a new sanitized for your health breakroom. With healthy snacks on the counter and fresh coffee in the machine. Hand sanitizer and wipes are stationed at each table.
42°, shouldn't be any rain today. Worked on the old laptop some more. I got boot time from 5 minutes down to 1. Updated Windows 10 to version 2004. I'm doing another clean up before I make an drive image and turn it over to the wife.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:50 AM

Something was in here, there are crumbs all over the floor. Fresh coffee and goodies on the counter.
45° and mostly cloudy. We have an appointment for an interview with a cat today. If he finds us acceptable and the adoption agency approves our paperwork we will once again have a terror in our midst.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:22 AM

Received 2,401 Likes on 1,583 Posts
There was a frost warning the last two nights for the cold spots.
Feels like another nice 50F fall day up here today.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:28 AM

We have red flag warnings due to hot dry conditions in the interior. The thunder storms aren't helping.
A warm 48° this AM moving to mostly cloudy and mid 50°s again.

Morris found us acceptable, now just waiting on Clear Creek Cat Rescue to approve the application. Per his foster, that should be some time this morning. We went through CCCR because they make certain the pet goes to a loving family. And you can return them if unforeseen problems arise.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Coffee here - - - - but no ph00 - - - me want ph00. b00 wh00.

Boy, hearing you guys talk about your temps gives me great memories of my times spent up your ways. Great memories. Have
reminders all around the house and my favorite little black bear right above my head on top of my bookcase/desk. People coming
in the first time have to ask where did this come from, and this, and this - - oh, how about those wolves over there. Neat.

OK, fresh ph00 is made and grabbing mine. There were a couple naughty pastries over here on the counter, so I stole one.
L8R - - - - - - -
Old 06-04-2020, 09:18 AM

Here he is, meet Morris our newest family member. Who remembers the cat food commercials with the orange tabby? Thus Morris. He is a big cuddly 6 year old meatloaf. He moved right in and staked out his spots in the house, including my bed and recliner. Friendly, affectionate, talkative, and bold. But not much for cat play.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 10:43 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Red cats are awesome
Old 06-05-2020, 08:56 AM

Rain and thunderstorms for today. Didn't sleep very well last night. Morris is a bed hog.
Looks like I need to dust off the cat psychologist cap. Morris acts more like a table decoration than a cat. I can fix that.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by cougar
Rain and thunderstorms for today. Didn't sleep very well last night. Morris is a bed hog.
Looks like I need to dust off the cat psychologist cap. Morris acts more like a table decoration than a cat. I can fix that.
Aw, Come on ! Nothing wrong with a little cat fur in your cofffee mug, now is there?

All part of the special relationship with your new found friend.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:36 AM

Today, supposedly to be a little better than yesterday.

Typhoon type rains rolled through the state several times yesterday. Wife was out on horseback with her horse trainer lady and other lady friends, and customers of the trainer. They got caught up in one of these storms, and they were pummeled by teaming rains, heavy winds, and lightning all around. Luckily, they got back to the horse trailer and survived the ordeal of being in the trailer during this onslaught. With 8,000 lbs of horses in a trailer, and two 150 lb women struggling not to get "squished", it wasn't pretty by any means. Yup she came home and ranted on and on about how much fun, and how scary it was being in a storm like that with 7 horses, riders and flash flooding abound.

Looks like another suck *** 87* day today.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:00 AM

Quick story to tell.

Wife and I were in the communist state of Pennsyltucky, and on the way home we were cruising through one of the nicest parts of NJ, Lebanon Township.

On a long downsloped 4%, straight as an arrow roadway, in the lovely landscaped rural part of the township. There was a small black car in front of us, and we were going about 45-50 MPH, just around the speed limit. Just relaxing, when the little black car in front of us slammed on his brakes, (we were plenty far away) and came to a screeching halt. As the fella stopped, we saw two shoes fly up in the air in front of the car, and an object roll across the road into a corn field. I had no idea what just happened.

I slammed on the brakes, and got out of the car. My wife followed and we came up upon the fella in the car, holding a young man lying in the road, who was flailing around, obviously in some significant pain. As we approached the fella on the ground, his head was facing downhill, while is feet were uphill. What I thought was a pedestrian who was struck by a car, turned out to be the fella in the black car's buddy who was "Skateboarding" down this 2 mile long graded hill. He apparently lost control, and flipped off the board, sneakers blown off, skateboard in the corn field.

I really didn't think he was hurt, at least until the blood started flowing out of the back of his skull, down the hill. I ran back to my truck, grabbed a bunch of towels we kept in there for the dogs (if needed) and ran back to him. By now, a bunch of people had stopped, and blocked the roadway from passers by wiping one of us out while we tried to help this fella who wiped out on his board.

Since I'm not a med tech, I surrounded his head with the towels trying to stop the bleeding. Since his head was facing downhill, he started with the babbling about how his ear was ringing, and he was hurting real bad. I asked if he knew what his name was, and he said "Matt". I asked him what year it was and he said "Uh, well it's sukass 2020". I guess he wasn't hurt as bad as we thought, as he was lucid enough to make a joke about how 2020 has suked.

I asked him if he could lift his head just a little. As he did, I slid the layered towel under his head, and told his friend to keep the pressure on the towel around the outside until help arrived. By now, my wife was on with 911 for a few minutes, and the first paramedic was flying up in his truck. I ran over to my truck, moved it down past the accident scene, as I knew I would be blocked in once the cops and rescue showed up. A few minutes later, they arrived, and checked out his condition. They felt that he was okay enough to sit up, as lying prone downhill wasn't a good thing when you have a boo boo on your noggin. When he sat up, the towel had sacrificed itself, and stopped the bleeding from his head. A rather large gash on there was oozing a bit, but the heavy bleeding was over for the moment.

I asked the cop if we could leave, and they said.... Thank you !

We were gone.

Wife was freaked out ...

I was laughing....

the continued ride home was uneventful...

A few photos from the day

The following 2 users liked this post by NJTman:
Bob L (06-06-2020), nonrev (06-06-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 08:18 AM

Received 2,401 Likes on 1,583 Posts
T-man 20-30 years ago that would have been me on any given day. I used to downhill skate all sorts of grades. I never had my shoes fly off in a crash, but well laced up hightop converse sneakers don't just blow off. I certainly gave myself several concussions, many, many flesh wounds and broke a couple Walkmans, hitting the pavement at speed though. Nothing quite like using an old toothbrush and hydrogen peroxide to brush out the sand and grit out of big wound.

Nice 70 degree day up here. Yesterday was a hot 82 F and sunny, so my daughter and I went out and caught some rainbow trout at a little pond near us. We ended up keeping three of them, which made a really nice pan fry dinner!
Old 06-06-2020, 10:18 AM

When I was a kid Blue Cross threatened to cancel my dad's insurance if he didn't get rid of my bicycle.
Morris is a big muscular kitty, but by no means the biggest one we've had. That honor goes to Fang. He also came from a shelter to us as a kitten. He didn't stop growing until he was about 3. With his long legs and short tail, several vets said a bob cat must have been involved somewhere along the line. Unfortunately he died young from feline leukemia.
Good news, Morris finally pooped. He hadn't sense we brought him home. Could have meant an expensive vet bill or death from an intestinal blockage. He seems to be in better spirits now.
More thunder storms in the prediction. Down to home depot for my next woodworking project.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:09 AM

More thunderstorms for today. Morris is undisturbed by them even though they can get very loud in this river canyon. Sunny right now, but as soon as I break out the chain saw or wood chipper it will start to rain. So I will take the cat for a walk instead.
Unemployed for 2 months now. Won't know until the end of June now if I will go back to work or have to find a new job. Most of my coworkers have moved on to other jobs. A lot of them have left the state to find aviation jobs. Everyone else is taking what they can find were they can find it.
Sanitized the joint, made some fresh regular coffee and brought in some phoo additives. Rotated the fresh fruit, some of the berries are out of the wife's garden, don't tell her.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:33 AM

46° and rain, high of 49°. Had hail yesterday. Some of the wife's plants didn't appreciate it. Another lazy day napping with Morris.

Quick Reply: DTR June break room. Come on in!