Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR breakroom, Sept 9 - 15.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
DTR breakroom, Sept 9 - 15.

Here yuh go, a brand new breakroom for the week. Try to make it active.

Good morning from a cloudy Paradise. Been a wet and sunny couple of days. Nice contrasts. Everything is very green.Coffee and ph00 awaits your guzzling pleasure. Was not sure whether to make any ph00 because I suspect that ph00boy is away. A few tacos are warming on the stove to keep you going until someone else brings in something else. These tacos are fresh country made and as you will notice, are quite large. Delicious. Country made green sauce to go with the tacos. It's has a bit of a bite to it, so be careful.

Had a very different afternoon yesterday. Have some property out in the country and my wife and I were invited to lunch by one of my neighbors there. This is a very poor area. The family that invited us has many acres of property that has been in the family for a very long time. The husband was not allowed to go past a grade 2 education, but can read and write to some extent. He has been to the US 6 times as an illegal and got caught 6 times. Even been beaten by some of the border patrol. He told us that the white border patrol tend to treat them fairly well, but the Filepinos and black border patrol agents are horrible. All the houses in this area are built by the owners themselves and are very low as they do not have the funds to build anything higher. It's just basic shelter. The roofing material is held down by large rocks. Everything is very clean, but humble. Nice people. The lunch was typical beans, rice, nopales, meat and homemade corn tortillas. They grow their own corn. Very tasty and very filling. The meat comes from their cattle. Spent over 3 hours talking and eating. Left feeling very humble that people like this who do not have much, can be so generous. Could write a book about this area and the people that live here.

Got a question for the Texas guys. I will be driving on your highways in a couple of weeks and when I come back will have a large box in the back. This box may be too long to allow the tailgate to close. Have checked on the internet and it appears that in this case that it is legal to drive with the tailgate down, but there are conflicting opinions as to whether it is necessary to place a red flag on the tailgate. The box will not protrude past the back of the tailgate. Anybody have any ideas what the Texas laws are for this?

Go to church and have a great Sunday.

Ciao
Old 09-09-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
In NJ, the law is 3' past the rear bumper requires a red flag.

Never been to Texas, but assume its a standard for a,good portion of the US.

Brought in fresh tomatoes, scrambled eggs, pumpkin pancakes (test cooking for upcoming October season). And a rack of fresh made blueberry muffins.

Make sure you pack some illegal drugs into your cars body panels for the ride up. Make a few $$ while you're here

Lol
Old 09-09-2018, 11:00 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
NJTman, moving from a rental into my own home. About 20 miles from were I currently am. Longer commute, but no rent or property taxes. Same old boring job.
Stan, no more than 3' past the bumper is standard, but there are some 12' pickup campers out there. Some local areas may have tighter limits, but that is due to their traffic congestion.
32° and hard frost here at the rent a can. It's mid 40°'s out at the house, but it's been real windy out there the last couple days.
Need to try my hand at a home made wind generator set up. There's a YouTube from a guy who split a couple plastic barrels length wise to make his wind catcher to drive a generator.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:31 AM

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Hard frost up here in Vt on Sat night as well. The leaves are starting to turn on the trees and it is feeling like fall.
Fired up a pot of coffee and made myself a black tea.

Have a great day DTR'ers.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:25 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Good morning gents ... been a long time sense I stopped by the break room!! Coffee and pumpkin pancakes smell great.!!

Anyone that read my thread on fixing the cracked steering plate and installing new steering box knows I've been wrenching on my old 92... well truck seems to be driving a ton better BUT I'm not!

Must have pulled or twisted the wrong way on Saturday finishing up the job and ... Sunday morning while finishing up the sermon for the morning service I went to pick up a piece of paper that fell on the floor and WHAMO ... like somebody stuck a knife in my back, right hand side, right at my belt line... I couldn't straighten up!!

Limped through the morning service at church... hunkered over like I was 80 yrs old ... sleep in a chair last night and waiting on an appointment at the chiropractor today

Anyways, the coffee and pancakes were great... I'll poke around a little... maybe get the steering box core returned tomorrow

See you guys later
SD
Old 09-10-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ol-dodge 1992
Good morning gents ... been a long time sense I stopped by the break room!! Coffee and pumpkin pancakes smell great.!!

Anyone that read my thread on fixing the cracked steering plate and installing new steering box knows I've been wrenching on my old 92... well truck seems to be driving a ton better BUT I'm not!

Must have pulled or twisted the wrong way on Saturday finishing up the job and ... Sunday morning while finishing up the sermon for the morning service I went to pick up a piece of paper that fell on the floor and WHAMO ... like somebody stuck a knife in my back, right hand side, right at my belt line... I couldn't straighten up!!

Limped through the morning service at church... hunkered over like I was 80 yrs old ... sleep in a chair last night and waiting on an appointment at the chiropractor today

Anyways, the coffee and pancakes were great... I'll poke around a little... maybe get the steering box core returned tomorrow

See you guys later
SD
Read this book:
Amazon Amazon

Best $10 I've ever spent.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:26 PM

I'll look into that NTJ
Old 09-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning, gang. Fresh ph00 and coffee ready furya. Those pancakes sounded good - - wish I could have been here. Been going long days seeing all the sights and learning a lot about our countries history. Wow, a lot I didn't know or forgot. Been very interesting. Wish we could stay but someone said someone nasty is coming to visit us, so better get my fanny out of here. Think we may cancel our DC trip - - - no sense going up there in all the traffic heading out of here and into the mess there just to sit in a condo for 2 weeks while it pours and blows. So, probably head out in the morning for the west side of NC. Looks like some rain, but lots of nice days too. Might even get a round of golf in - - that would be fun..........................................ummmm - - - ya did good, Bob

Letcha know where we are when we get there. Hang tough, Lary - - not going to be fun here for a while - - me gone. LOL
Old 09-11-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts

See you guys later
SD
Sure it's your back and not your kidneys? I've had stones that would definitely put the fear of god into ya.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:56 PM

Yep it the back ... I'm not old enough to have kidney stones!!! A least I don't think I'm old enough

I've had this trouble over and over again for the past 15-16 years
Old 09-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep it the back ... I'm not old enough to have kidney stones!!! A least I don't think I'm old enough
Im just 46 and I've passed 5 kidney stones, but there's enough difference between back pain and stones. Hope you get your problems straightened out.

​​​​​​​Preparing for some rain maybe 10 to 15 inches but I'm on a mountain side so let her rain
Old 09-11-2018, 06:43 PM

The back comes and goes ... getting cooler here ... calling for our first snowfall tonight and tomorrow, maybe 3"-5" it will melt out but old man winter will be knocking on the door real soon
Old 09-12-2018, 11:05 AM

Things seem little slow round here... I would offer to sweep the cobwebs off the refrigerator door and also off the chairs bug I can't stand up straight nor stand up at all for very long

Put on some coffee and going to find my recliner... wait around for the chiropractor apt. at 2:45

See hide nor hair of the dragon... you fellas didn't put him out to pasture??

SD
Old 09-12-2018, 06:09 PM

Well....

Poured out the untouched coffee...

Turned off the light...

Closed to door

SD
Old 09-12-2018, 08:25 PM

Opened the door, and looked in, and found nothing but cobwebs and crickets. Almost as if I asked a question about diesel fuel additives and improved fuel efficiency.

Anyway, been a rainy week or so now. Boy, am I sick and tired of skeeters. Can't wait till the first freeze to wipe them out for a while.

Went to the scrap yard, made a huge $39.00, and now it's time to throw a store bought pizza in the oven, and have a few beers.

Hope you guys have been doing well. Pretty crappy weather here, but nothing by comparison to N. Carolina. Hope those folks are okay.

Beers in the fridge for anyone interested.

See ya.!

Quick Reply: DTR breakroom, Sept 9 - 15.