Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Do you ever wonder?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you ever wonder?

I have been having troubles with my Dodge CTD lately and it got me to thinking.
The first time I saw my truck my heart literally skipped a beat. And the first time I drove my truck my breath caught in my throat. I have had days where nothing seemed to go right, and I would come home from work, jump in my Dodge, and go drive the backroads for two or three hours. When I would return home I would feel like there wasn't a problem I couldn't handle, and I would sleep like a baby.
And sometimes (like now) my Dodge doesn't run right. I get mad, scream, kick, spit, curse, and cry in a way that nothing else in this world can make me do. I lay awake at nights going over possibilities and solutions. I anticpate the daylight thinking if I just do this or that, my truck will be fine and the world will be right again.
I am fairly young. I do not have a wife or children. My life is very simple right now. My truck is the only thing I own of any significance. I wonder if this is why my Dodge can make me feel the way I do. I also wonder if maybe I have a chemical imbalance that allows my truck to make me feel the way I do. Maybe one day I will meet a girl that will make my heart skip a beat. And maybe one day I will have a teenager that will make me mad, scream, kick, spit, curse, and cry in a way that nothing else in this world can make me do. But these days its just me and my truck. I feel like the richest guy in the world!
Old 12-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Re:Do you ever wonder?

You too? My truck makes me smile every time I drive it. Healthier than drinkin' and cheaper than a shrink.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aggie,
You sound normal to me. You just have too much time on your hands. Once you have a high pressure job, a family, a home, multiple vehicles and more projects than days in the week the priorities change.
But I still have that feeling for my Harley, and my wife considers her the other woman.

MikeyB
Old 12-08-2003, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'My truck makes me smile every time I drive it. Healthier than drinkin' and cheaper than a shrink. '

Thanks for that line!!! I think I can use it on the wife and maybe parley it into some more cool stuff for my truck! It's true too as far as I can tell. I'm 58 and this is the first diesel I've owned. Don't know how I got along this long without one. The kid is lucky to have gotten started with them young and he's got a dually too! You're doing good. The other stuff will take care of itself. I've owned about a dozen vehicles most of them purchased new and none has been as much fun to drive as the Cummins diesel.

Ken