Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Diesel Prices!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Diesel Prices!!

Just got back from filling up in Warrenton Va @ $1.699.<br>Passed stations selling for anywhere from a low of $1.779 to a high of $1.949 in the DC metro area.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:59 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

BYURAM, thanks for the informative post. Its nice to see someone who looks at more of the picture than the typical. Why dont more people realize that there is so much more to the story than we see to make such illrational, judgemental comments? Truth is most of the public couldnt handle the reallity behind the scenes. Dont get me wrong, I dont like politicians any more than you but admit it we are on a need to know basis.....and most of the time what we do get to know is bias and twisted by the media. Anyway, diesel prices havent jumped that high up here. I've got to get fuel soon though. I cant wait to see what this summer holds for us. If this keeps up I'll be ridding my bike making diesel sounds!
Old 02-14-2003, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1.91 at the local Sunoco stations here in SouthWestern PA today. :'( Sure hope it drops soon, I don't know how the truckers are making a living.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:51 AM

$1.899 last night here in Maine at Irving. @ 12mpg I've got to do a little more planning on my routes. <br>warden
Old 02-15-2003, 08:36 AM

I'm willing to park the truck and walk the 7 miles to work each day if it means my kids won't have to deal with Saddam and bin Laden. <br> Not the correct forum to get me started on exercising my liberties ... I tend to get a little rambunctious and I would like to come back.<br><br>PISTOL
Old 02-15-2003, 02:47 PM

Beaufort South Carolina = $1.62 ...so far
Old 02-16-2003, 10:34 AM

Location: Land of Oil Wells, Sooners, and No-blinker using fools

Ahh....I see the Dale Dribbles of the Dodge World have spoken! The price of oil fluctuates according to actual needs (Supply and Demand - think Venezuella), profit margin (duh), and of course, the economy (stupid). Raw materials will increase prior to the start of any war and if it drags on (at least that's what the history books say), but before you spout &quot;truths&quot;, take the time to research them first. Do any of you Dribbles have any idea how much inflation and daily consumer costs have risen since, say the 70s? How about the amount of taxes per gallon of fuel - you can thank your local enviromentalist lobbies for that. You want the price of fuel to come down? So does everyone else in the world - try voting instead of whining for a change. The Iraqi thing may impact the prices early on (because of Stock Market worries) but hopefully will quickly fall within a few days as long as there are no WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION used by the pacifist, loving, democratic government of Iraq. Hmmm...if Sadam starts throwing WMD around, is that the &quot;war mongering&quot; Bush's fault? I thought they didn't have any! Bet our northern border &quot;peace-niks&quot; would have a different take on the Iraq issue if we let terrorists into our country and let them cross the border in their direction.<br><br>Anyhoo: the prices in OK have stabilized around 1.50ish per gallon.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:57 AM

Was a $1.48 till two days ago, now $1.55 in Perry, Oklahoma.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:33 PM

Well if the high fuel prices wern't enough, but now here in Indiana the gas has gone down to $1.61 and they haven't budged the diesel price. It is still $1.79 per gal. I am sure it is cause they haven't had to refuel the diesel pumps yet :. Well hopefully it is something to look forward to.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:15 PM

With fuel prices so high, why doesn't the Federal and State government eliminate the tax on fuel? Give us all a break for a change. We pay way too much in taxes overall. <br><br>Diesel in Oxnard Calif current $1.699 at the cheapest station. Diesel should be the cheapest fuel at gas stations, the refiners do not have to spend as much to produce a gallon of diesel as they do unleaded gas. :-[<br><br>
Old 02-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And removing at least some of the tax would be very beneficial to the trucking industry, both private and public.<br>It would also reduce the cost of goods that are transported by trucks.<br><br>Or, how bout releasing some of that federal reserve crude to bring the prices down to a reasonable level?<br><br>The government never thinks sensibly though.<br><br><br>phox