Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Diesel Prices!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Diesel Prices!!

Arlington Va: Yesterday $1.719
Same place: Today $1.779 >
Old 02-12-2003, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, a former member of the board of Chevron.

Vice President Cheney held several secret meetings with top Enron officials. Enron Corporation, a major political contributor to the Bush campaign.

Enron stockholders, including Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Trade Representative Robert Zoellick, became officials in the Bush administration.

Thomas White, a former Vice Chairman of Enron and a multimillionaire in Enron stock, currently serves as the Secretary of the Army.

Halliburton was headed by Cheney. After Cheney's selection as Bush's Vice Presidential candidate, Halliburton pumped a huge amount of cash into the Bush-Cheney campaign coffers.

Now if I could just find that dang calculator, I'd add all this up!
Old 02-12-2003, 08:48 PM

Near Baltimore, Diesel fuel is $1.79; premium gas is $1.69. I've got a half a tank left, but I filled it when fuel was $1.63 and that wasn't too long ago. Maybe I'll fill it in the morning before prices hit $2/gal.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:07 PM

hey Gscott. I guess theres no real point for me to mention the prices here either considering im about 30min from you and Deezilla. A guy at work though told me NJ prices are like 50-75cents/gallon cheaper. Now only if I had that 3000000 gallon fuel tank in my truck...
Old 02-12-2003, 09:40 PM

I fill up in NJ, they are a little cheaper than NY. The range I`ve been seeing is 1.59 @ EXXON to 1.79 @ the truck stop in Mahwah on RT17<br>Where I live 1.79~ 1.98 was the highest I saw today.<br>Danny
Old 02-12-2003, 11:19 PM

diesel prices suck =(<br><br>I go through around 100 gal/week, this is just insane =(
Old 02-12-2003, 11:56 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

&gt;I'm not a moderator or any thing, BUT I dont think it is a good idea to be using this site for spreading your political views, but since you did please let me add to your many comments. I too would not like to see war for many reasons but lets think about this for a second: If it wasnt for wars fought and won by your ancestors you wouldnt be able to say any of the nagging crap about fuel prices that freedom of speech now allows. I guess you would rather be in Iraq or China complaning about everything you take for granted everyday!!! This war is not about oil (at least for the USA), its about saving our future generations from guys like Sadam, who if no one can remember is not following the rules he agreed to the USA a decade ago! Maybe you havent been watching the news or reading the papers, but for instance he now has possible long distance capability for weapons of mass destruction. NUKES for anyone who doesnt understand. Amongst lot of other neat weapons Im sure he would love to use or give to a terrorist freak! It just really sad that the oil industries take advantage of the threating situation by trying to make a few bucks. Do you think for a second that these TRILLION dollar industries are suffering right now because of the possible war threat? Do they suffer every summer when fuel prices sky rocket, claiming some sort of shortage or freak refinery fire? Who do you blame then when you just keep on filling up your cars and trucks crying no fair? Lets drill for our own oil or is that not OK with the enviromentalists? You cant have your cake and eat it too. There is one thing I dont think lots of people of this great FREE country know: Its that you president (who ever that may be at the time) is there for one reason, to make desisions that govern our countries defences. He is not supposed to be telling you how to run your schools or over seeing your local governing bodies. These are the reasons we elect governors and mayors, ect. Im sorry I got carried away here, I just hate it when people (escpecialy actors and singers) try to shove their capitalistic views on something soooo important as whether your kids get to enjoy the same qualities of life that you are right now. And Im really hoping that anyone who said any on this post voted or you have no right to say anything about whats going on with the war threat!!! Thank you to the many soldiers who fought and died in the many wars for the land you stand on right now!!! I know it sucks that war happens but if we dont defend our FREEDOM someone will take it from us, just as quick!!! Im not trying to change anyones mind, just show another side of the view. Thanks for listening! I know you are all good people......you have to be, you own a Dodge Cummins!
Old 02-13-2003, 08:08 AM

:'( All in one week up from 1.67.9 to 1.84.9 yesterday. on the news this morning the auto club of America said that they feel the oil companys are useing the talk of war to gouge the public.

As far as the tripe about Sadam being a threat to future genarations, #1 we should have in the 40's 50's nuked Russia &amp; China, after all they were seen as bigger threats then than Sadam is now,Cripe we had to do bomb shelter drills in school back then, and now I see Korea as a bigger threat and we should just toast them NOW since there is a large group who want to spill blood. The war for Independce was fought in this country on this land. Who is going to be after Sadam?
Al
Old 02-13-2003, 09:42 AM

[quote author=KATOOM link=board=5;threadid=10845;start=30#104061 date=1045115767]<br> &gt; This war is not about oil (at least for the USA), its about saving our future generations from guys like Sadam, who if no one can remember is not following the rules he agreed to the USA a decade ago![/quote]<br><br>This is I'm wondering about, how can oil companies justify the raise in price.<br>
Old 02-13-2003, 10:00 AM

5 stations within 12 miles of each other. Prices ranged from $1.81 to 2.08 per gal. For me, thats a 50 cent a gallon increase from Oct.<br><br>Bill
Old 02-13-2003, 04:58 PM

I just paid $1.78 today went up .09 in one day. This was in Raleigh N.C.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:24 PM

Only 10% of the world's population is mobilized. We are in that 10%. Oil is our country's life blood. You can bet it's about the oil. <br><br>Remember the Mad Max movie where fuel was the precious commodity?
Old 02-13-2003, 06:20 PM

Holy cow :'(!!!The price here in Southern Indiana jumped to $1.79 per gallon!!! At least that is one of the BP's around here. I heard that the Speedway down the road is a dime cheeper.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:37 PM

So little time and so much and misinformation. <br><br>Any of you conspiracy guys want to come to the oil patch and prove your stupid therories let me know.<br><br>If you read the papers this week you would have seen stories that state that the strike in Venezula for the last 2 1/2 months has really screwed up oil imports. Venezuela is the 4th largest supplier of crude to the USA, that is a fact. If you lose that much crude and you have nothing to refine who do you blame. Yea I know some smart will say that BIG oil is doing it. <br><br>Does anyone realize that in winter a great majority of homes up north use heating oil (diesel) to heat there homes. Did you notice the cold weather the last two months that have drawn down heating oil stocks to record lows and that is part of what is hurting diesel prices. Stocks of gas and diesel and fuel oil have dropped to all time lows. Guess some of you guys just neeed to start your own oil companys and show us dummies how to do it right. <br><br>Do you know that due to our great EPA the oil companies have to supply over 110 different grades of gasoline to different parts of the country, because of clean air rules.<br><br>Most of the fuel needed by the troops over there now is being refined in Saudia Arabi just like it was done in the 1st Gulf war. <br><br>I have spent 32 years in this business and there is just so much bull I am willing to put up with.<br>Now I've got that off my chest I need to go pay the note on my 2003
Old 02-13-2003, 07:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paid $1.69 today for pemium diesel at the local Texaco.<br>Made sure it was good and full, never know what tomorrow will bring.<br>One of my customers said that they paid $1.97 yesterday at a station across town, let's hope word doesn't spread to the Texaco so they up the price.<br>Might be forced to run the farm fuel if this keeps up.<br>I don't usually venture more than 50 miles from home, hell the whole state is only 44 miles across!<br> ;D ;D ;D

Quick Reply: Diesel Prices!!