Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cummins Plant in Columbus, In.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cummins Plant in Columbus, In.

About once a year my whole fam-damily takes a trip to Nashville, In. Along the way (from Cincinnati) we drive, literally, right past the Cummins plant in Columbus. My ole lady gives me a hard time cuz I always look over at it as we pass, &quot;Like an arab facing east to pray&quot; she says. I guess she's right, why not pay homage to the place where these great engines are manufactured.<br>I hear that is actually where the ISB is made, anyone know for sure? Anyone know if they give tours and if so where I can find out about pricing and times? I think it would be fun to see the place, even if I can;t get the little woman to come with me.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Cummins Plant in Columbus, In.

Used to work with a guy who had worked in the Cummins plant in Rocky Mount, NC. If I remember what he said correctly the early Dodge (pre-94) motors were made there, maybe even all of the pre-ISB. From the stories he told me of the torture tests they ran on the motors and how well they performed I started looking at diesel Dodges way back in 1991-92. Couldn't afford one back then, though.<br><br>Wish he still worked there, he was as good a scrounger as I am. Imagine what kind of &quot;developmental&quot; parts could have turned up.