Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Coupla' CTD Stories

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupla' CTD Stories

I have another Marine that I work with that just got himself a new F-250 P/S. I did point him to the Magnaflow website to register for his exhaust and they called him and he got a 4" turbo back system. Well, yesterday we had to go to one of our units for an inspection briefing (they hate when we come to inspect, but I digress). As I was driving over I noticed that he was behind me. We got stopped by a light and he pulled up beside me. There was no pointing of fingers or verbal challenges but when the light changed we both got on it. And I just kept pulling away from him. We got to the parking lot and as we were walking he asked me what I had done to my truck. Exhaust and intake is all. At the time we pulled away from the light I didn't think that he really got into it but he said he did. He thought I had a fueling box or something else. Nope. Gotta be careful on base about these things so we didn't get outta control (just a little over the speed limit) but he never even pulled ahead of me. Gotta love the CTD.

And on the subject of the CTD (what else), this past weekend I had my kids and my daughter had a friend over to spend the night. She and her friend took the BB guns and went out in the back yard to shoot them. It was getting dark and I went out there to see where they were. They were in a gully and I could hear them talking. I was behind some sagebrush and redshank and knew they couldn't see me so I was throwing small rocks around them to try and startle them. Didn't faze them a bit. I heard a truck pulling in the driveway and heard my daughters friend ask 'who's that?' My daughter replied 'It's either John coming home or someone coming to visit 'cause it sounds like a Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel.' Man, I almost had a tear in my eye. I'm so proud. She's a dang smart 14 year old.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be very proud of her.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts