Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite Dodge Diesel website?
DieselRam.Com
1.91%
Turbo Diesel Register
14.01%
Diesel Truck Resource
84.08%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Controversial Poll?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
DTR is better than dieselram because it's much more active, you get more and faster responses to any post you make. DTR beats TDR because it's free, friendly, and closely moderated. I can't imagine paying to be flamed, you can go almost anywhere to get that for free.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I voted but hit the wrong button. I think this is the best of the sites, I have only been a memeber for a very short time, and owned a diesel just a little longer. I have to say that this site is easy to get around and the info you can find here is outstanding!! The people here are great, you are not made to feel stupid if you ask a newbie question. Here everybody gets along from what I have seen so far there's not any bickering or finger pointing. I have told several people about this site. One thing I would like to is to be able to see where everybody is from. There is not a chapter in my area but I bet there's more then me around here. I got to say thanks to everybody that makes the site what it is.

Toby
Old 05-13-2004, 06:15 PM

what matthopp said and i would like to be able to see if folks really do have pictures to see before clicking on their link,saves time so you can see more .
Old 05-13-2004, 06:55 PM

I have only been a member here since fall of 03. I also joined TDR & NW Bombers at around the same time. I always go to nwb first because it's a smaller site & can get through the new post in short order. Plus it's a local group. Then it's over here for the catching up on the good advise & fixes for just about anything on my truck. I even like to keep up on whats going on with the third gens. If I can't find it here or don't get a responce I'll try over on TDR but that hardley ever happens.

As far as changes I can't think of any that come to mind. This site is easy to navigate even for the computer illiterate person that I'am.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:03 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Opinions...

Originally posted by GIT-R-DONE
[B]

It appears to me that whomever started this website, just used the TDR set-up and changed the backround color. What gives? At first, (and I dont know the answer to this one) I figured that someone got mad at the TDR, and started there own site because someone made them mad? I think this should be addressed. Not that it really matters.....but the history of this site I would like to know more about.
Thanks for the brutally honest opinion.

In all honesty, I tried to make this one as different as I possibly could appearance wise. I feel like the layout is very good here, and the graphics are some of the best of any enthusiast forum. However, most of the sites like this are essentially the same. We're working on new stuff that I think will be very pleasing to the eye in the future..

As for the history, I started it a few years ago because I was tired of flaming on the other sites, not just the TDR. I wanted a place people could go to and not be made to feel stupid when asking a question. I think we've achieved that.

Some people will tell you that I started the site because the other ones "censored" too much. Not true, I didn't think they did it enough because many times I could not view threads unless I was alone due to the content and language.

Now don't get me wrong, I can cuss and cut up with the best of them. I just didn't think it was appropriate in a place like this where schoolkids are doing projects (we've had numerous teachers use this site for a number of different classes), familes with children, Dads and their sons who have mutual interest in trucks etc.

Either way, I do appreciate the feedback, and honest feedback can only help us improve.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:16 PM

this is the ONLY dodge diesel site i look at. i think the site is awesome. great job and keep up the good work. scott
Old 05-13-2004, 09:26 PM

Excellent thread and responses, especially Jlipskoc and Wannadiesel's. Bought my 95 gasser new, learned about the mighty Cummins on RTML and DiRT and heard about DTR on DiRT. I'll be upgrading to an 05 CTD and found this site an excellent resource. Being able to post questions and use the search feature without a TDR like membership is great. I'd pay for DTR if it was run like that. Well worth it for many reasons.

The professionalism here reminds me of the now defunct RTML. "Welcome. These are the rules. You may question them, but don't expect to stay if you don't follow them."

Alot of newbies like me here and I haven't seen anyone riduculed. (Is everyone too busy picking on Hoss?) The admins, mods and senior members all seem to have a "We've all been there" feeling when the newbie, often repeated questions come up.

Having an event, maybe a meet at another show like ACN @ Carlisle would be great as . There are enough big shows where chapters can arrange meets in their area. I know there are people who drive more than my 400 mile trip to ACN. Several "piggy-back" meets at larger shows would be easier to start with.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:29 PM

TDR what? Dieselram who?

I don't think my computer is capable of connecting to anything other than this site and ebay.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:34 PM

Jack I paid my dues to the TDR to get the magizine I guess I also made a donation here at least equal to those dues because I believe nothing can be free that is good and usefu; as this site, I only visit this site and mostly because we (you) keep it civil and mostly to the point. It is a good place to get info and the other form is a good place to poke a little fun and be a liitle political,religious and whatever within the boundries.
I would like to see a few more stickers available and maybe a dtr magizine for those that want to pay for it. I know that would be unfair to ask you to give more of your time but maybe somebody would like to team up and do it.
I can talk with the best of the sailors when I am around them and face to face to judge there reaction and then again I really appreciate not having to listen to it from people I don't know that well and especially when the grandbabies are looking over my shoulder.Maybe more technical articles and how to instruction for those of us more mechanically challanged Oh yea.how about a spell checker or at least post the link to ispell.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:38 PM

I really like the site and say it ties for first with another site I'm on. which I will not post due to some past bad blood

Only thing I think the other site does better is that they have more of a family based feel to it. maybe its the smaller member ship or the fact that we are only from 6 or so states. but I think that we need some shirts or capr so SOMETHING that way when we go to truck pulls and or shows we can see that the person is a member and go up and say hey. I think that would bring this site closer together and help out with makeing it an even bigger and better site.
Well thats my 2 cents.
DM01
Old 05-13-2004, 11:43 PM

I picked this site, because it is small enough where you can get a feel for how people really are, but yet it is big enough to get plenty of honest opinions from people.

As far as improvements, definitely need a way to advertise the site. I work at a gas station as a side job, and would be more than happy to pin up some brochures/flyers/business cards on our board. Maybe send a format for flyers or business cards out to people (like word or Microsoft Publisher) and we can print them out, that would save some money on mailing members out cards and flyers. I know that I would keep a stack in the truck with me.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:50 PM

I LOVE THIS SITE
why?
- The "FAMILY" that is here feels great
- All about CTDs
- That I feel most of the members have a strong faith in our lord, the witnessing, prayers, support for our troops that this site has
- all the help, humor and entertainment for common interests in the mighty ctd
- I go on this site everyday

would like to see
- maybe some business type cards I could give to people inerested in site with site address and other important info on it about DTR
- easier private messaging that would alert immediately if they are online at the time of messaging

complaints
this is left blank because I have zero complaints
Old 05-13-2004, 11:52 PM

CRIMEDOG I read your thread after I posted mine and I see we are thinking the same things there
Old 05-14-2004, 12:10 AM

Dieselram.com is a good friendly site as well, but nowhere near the traffic here.
Questions are answered quicker and with more knowledge here than there.

TDR might (I said might) have a deeper knowledge base,
but to me it's not worth the bucks to be able to post,
and get a magazine that basically sums up what's already been posted in the forums.

I'll stick around here for a while.

What phox said. Done let my subscription to the other site ride off into the sunset long ago.......

Quick Reply: Controversial Poll?