Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Check & Double Check

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check & Double Check

I wanted to let everyone know about my latest dealer experience. I'm not going to name the place cause I'm sure the same things are going on around the country, plus my family owns the place so I don't want to give them a bad name cause of one lazy mechanic who is probably no longer employed. This all started back in November 2007 when I sent my truck in to get rotors and pads, no problem. Well I get the truck back and its pulling like a sun of a gun to the right when I have to get hard on the brakes, only reason I had to get on them hard was cause some idiot decided to pull out in front of me . I call them up and they agree to take it back in, turns out I need calipers as well. I get the truck back and there is hardly ANY brake fluid in the reservoir. I then call my cousin up, who owns the dealership, to let him know what happens and he is shocked. He makes everything right with me saying I will get a free complete service when I want it and a letter of apologize. Now lets fast forward to yesterday. Its been 5000 miles so its time to change the oil in the truck. I put the pan under the truck and take the plug out, as I'm crawling out from under the truck I get a good look at the caliper. As everyone knows there is suppose to be two hex head bolts in those suckers but I only have one. I call my cousin up and they take the truck back in to check everything out, thankfully nothing was messed up and I just got it back about an hour ago. But what I'm trying to tell everyone is no matter weither you trust your dealer to ALWAYS check back after them to make sure everything is how it is suppose to be.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Thumbs down

At my dealer, the mechanic has left a 100' spool of wire, a couple of box end wenches. All on different visits. My new truck has free lifetime oil changes and free scheduled maintenance, but I now do it myself.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:08 PM

A number of years ago I started using a different independant service facility. The first time I used them I got my truck back and noticed the air filter lid not closed and a couple hoses loose. I was pretty upset and brought it to the attention of the owner. I decided to give them another chance and since then they have given me great service at a very fair price.

My point, we are human and sometimes make mistakes. Hopefully when we do it is something minor and we learn from it. If the service does not improve or similar problems become the norm instead of the exception it's time to find some one competent. I changed service centers just for that reason and can't be happier. I refuse to have to check behind some one that I am paying to do the job. If I am forced to do that I will either do it myself or find some one else.