Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Can't catch a break...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:37 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I for one don't even understand how they can have a date on the ticket? I mean, one day you write two tickets, the next day 5, 1 on the next.....(and so on)

Wouldn't you end up needing to show up to court 20 times a month as people were summonsed to court???

That is the whole reason MD does it the way they do. They can schedule an officer to show up at court once or twice a month (all of HIS cases in a row).

Makes sense to me.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope

Had to pay it, Iguess the military training made me keep a cool head. Sure did see a guy spit on Glendenings pic when he walked out of the MVA and that made me feel good. I even kind of snickerd because the state trooper just laughed when he saw him do it. I guess I was young and nieve' I let it slid because I wasnt getting anywhere with the customer unfriendly person behind the counter. Guess i didnt speak Ebonics....
Old 12-16-2007, 11:38 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
I for one don't even understand how they can have a date on the ticket? I mean, one day you write two tickets, the next day 5, 1 on the next.....(and so on)

Wouldn't you end up needing to show up to court 20 times a month as people were summonsed to court???

That is the whole reason MD does it the way they do. They can schedule an officer to show up at court once or twice a month (all of HIS cases in a row).

Makes sense to me.
Same here. We just know what our dates are a year in advance. We can plan way ahead and not have to worry about it. It's simple.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Banned

TJ..
While I understand your frustration I will ask one question of you and ask you answer it honestly and openly....

Since it is known that you had this accident with 06 and we all seen the photo's,why is it that you DIDN"T know of the court date?.

Certainly 06 had received the same summons and I am willing to bet that the two of you discussed it,even though your summons did not show up.IF,even while you claim its their fault due to clerical error,you knew of the date and didn't make any attempt on your own to see why this happened before his date then you have as much fault as the state in this deal.Most times up here when accident happen involving multiple parties a convenient date is set for all to show along with the arresting officer.06 knowing of the date and calling you to tell you he received his date and you not following up,due to being a bullhead or obstinate about it,makes you look bad.

I realize your frustration,but as an outsider and coming from a law enforcement family, can see both sides.Mistakes happen on both sides,the arresting officers bad handwriting and you being a bullhead.You could have been the bigger man here by stepping up and correcting the problem early on and not allowing it to get to this point.Now the music you face may be not want or desire but hopefully you learned that handling something this important takes more than counting on the State.

I can tell you this too my young son...
Lessons like this usually end up bad,hopefully your will not.Its best to remember to keep quiet in court,answer the questions asked of you and maybe they will take some mercy on you.Do you really think the arresting officer will NOT know what went on with your citation,since he has to come back a second time.Usually a second time means things not going your way.

Step up and be a man and admit your mistake with this also,you may find things go alot better.........Andy
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 AM

Tickets here are issued and depend the offense.

Fines can be paid or a court date will be mailed to you.

Must appears; this will result in a court date being mailed to you.

Worst case, the offense could be an arrestable offense in which case you are taken into custody and see a commissioner. He/she will give your marching orders from there.

Also though it sometimes occurs, not all ticketed offenses of a related case are heard at the same time. This may be a result of various things, therefore the dates could have been set on different dates. Not to mention maybe TJ and Travis have not seen each recently to exchange such information.

TJ hang in there. Keep them informed and try to get this all corrected quickly (well as quickly as the courts allow you) so further action is not taken. For example being stopped while operating under current status.

I use lawyers to deal with the courts here. Before somebody thinks I am frequent visitor of the courts system. I am, but I tend to be working for them.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by fiveology
Not in Maryland. The court system waits 15 days, to see if they receive payment of the fine, before mailing the notice to appear.
So this happened 3 months ago , you didn't pay the fine in 15 days , and thought nothing of it when you didn't get a notice to appear even though your buddy who was ticketed at the same time did .
Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Here, you get 10-15 days to send in your copy with your admitting responsibility, or fighting it as explained on the backside for civil infractions. If you want to get it out of the wya, call court number at the bottom for the fee, then send it in. If you want to fight it, send it in, then they issue an appearnace date. Address wouldn't be relavent to the court until later since you are to make contact. The courts try to schedule tickets for each officer for the same day. Mandatory appearance date's (misdemeanors) fall on the same day of each week, you just give a date 1-2 weeks out.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree with what's said above. I know what you're going to be thinking. DTR sucks, they're just a bunch of ****'s blah blah blah. Well, the deal is man, at the end of the day, it's your responsibility to take care of your ticket and I agree that once your friend got his and you didn't, that should have cued up a red flag in your brain and you should have called.

Yes, mistakes happen but in the end, if you knew you screwed up, why didn't you just pay the fine within the 15 day time frame?

You can complain about us hammering you all you want. But hey man, responsible people might give you an answer sometimes that you don't like to hear. If you want appeasement from the lack of responsibility crowd, then maybe you should go find another place to post this.

Case in point:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...&postcount=434

See what happens man? That's thin skin. Not everyone is going to agree with you and kiss your tail. The sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be, and if you listen to some of the ones who DONT kiss your tail, you just might learn something.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:41 AM

TJ catch my reply :

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...175787&page=30