Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom 1-30/2-5

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I think I met one of your metal working students last week. He measured a notch for the corner of a piece of 3/4" plate and took 5 cuts to get it to fit.
Hmmm... I wasn't aware I HAD any students. You sure you're not thinking of some engineering student you may have mentored? They usually take 5 tries just to tie their shoes in the morning.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Hmmm... I wasn't aware I HAD any students. You sure you're not thinking of some engineering student you may have mentored? They usually take 5 tries just to tie their shoes in the morning.
Thats why some of us engineers wear slip on boots, we know our limitations.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Sniff--NyQuil and Baileys Irish Cream (its all I had laying around the house). What happened to the day and why is my nose still running?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Bark, I feel ya.

Too bad I was a... 'Drill Instructor'... ? lol

I think I need some good bits and a high speed drill.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Evenin' All!

Originally Posted by madhat
I need to invest in some high dollar drill bits, I'll tell you what.

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
I got a Drill Doctor for Christmas.
Years ago I bought a good set of plain old High-speed drill bits off one of the local tool trucks. (MAC) When they got dull, dressed them up with a Drill Doctor. That thing is a GREAT little tool. They used to make 2 different sizes of them so watch out. One would handle up to 3/8ths bits and the larger would handle up to 1/2". I also learned through a lot of patience that there is a certain art to drilling. If everything coming out of the hole is little tiny chips, you're either using too much pressure or too much pressure. Them little curly slivers of metal coming out mean you are doing about right. Some days I'm better at it than others.

Got some good news this afternoon. My Mom was looking around for some old paperwork for my brother and found an original signed copy of my Father's will! Been looking for one since he passed last November and figured we'd never see it. Apparently, even after they had divorced, he still named her the executor of the estate. (probably cause most of us kids were still minors at the time) This solves pretty much every problem I'm having with clearing up his estate. No more Probate.

Nice way to get woke up this afternoon.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I dont ever need much of a reason to buy new tools. Last time I was in Yuma seems like their sales tax was like 8% or something. I just remember being a little surprised by it.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:09 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Evenin' All!

Years ago I bought a good set of plain old High-speed drill bits off one of the local tool trucks. (MAC) When they got dull, dressed them up with a Drill Doctor. That thing is a GREAT little tool. They used to make 2 different sizes of them so watch out. One would handle up to 3/8ths bits and the larger would handle up to 1/2". I also learned through a lot of patience that there is a certain art to drilling. If everything coming out of the hole is little tiny chips, you're either using too much pressure or too much pressure. Them little curly slivers of metal coming out mean you are doing about right. Some days I'm better at it than others.

Got some good news this afternoon. My Mom was looking around for some old paperwork for my brother and found an original signed copy of my Father's will! Been looking for one since he passed last November and figured we'd never see it. Apparently, even after they had divorced, he still named her the executor of the estate. (probably cause most of us kids were still minors at the time) This solves pretty much every problem I'm having with clearing up his estate. No more Probate.

Nice way to get woke up this afternoon.
Good news on the will..

I think mac sells blue point bits.. I still have some from the 80s, I run both a 400 and 750 drill Dr..(they both will go up to a 3/4" bit) Mighty fine units indeed, I had to replace the grinding wheel in the 400 as it finally wore out.. (5+ sets of bits to keep sharp)
Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
To the future!
~Doc Brown
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...h-t285036.html
Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Too bad I was a... 'Drill Instructor'... ? lol
Hey, that's right! You can just order them to stay sharp! No drill doctor needed!