Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

BBQ time

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBQ time

This site needs a kick in the pants. So solemn. It's almost dismal around here. Hey, it's almost time to start thinking about BBQ'ing. Had to retire the old BBQ last fall. Just couldn't refurbish it one more time. Bought the one in the attached photo at COSTCO for 379. and now I'm looking for some sauce recommendations. I usually use BullsEye but I know there's alot of others and some personal recipes that are truly fantastic. How about sharing? My daughter brought a bottle of sauce from Denver labeled Bob's BBQ Sauce. Absolutely great but apparently a locally marketed item. Any other favorites?<br><br>~Dave
Old 03-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:BBQ time

Dave the only thing it need now is a set of stacks........
Old 03-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Dave, that is one cool grill You had that thing on a dyno yet? <br><br> I don't have a favorite BBQ sauce, I do tend to add a touch of beer and spice them up a little on the stove before using them.<br><br> I am looking forward to grill season :P
Old 03-01-2003, 09:00 AM

We are actually in the process of building two pits. One is 20&quot; dia and about 5 ft long, the other is 30&quot; dia and should be close to 9ft long when we get it done.
One of them should be done pretty soon, I'm ready for som smoked brisket and ribs. Now where's that little drooly smilie. ;D
Dave,
Why'd ya go and buy that baby pit?
You should have bought one a little bigger. You know, like this one.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:11 AM

I think I saw that rig on one of the BBQ competitions on the cookin' channel. And, I'd guess that you are also one of those competitors. Some fine looking setups. Me, I'll just have to settle for this baby. Dyno? Hey, we got a Dyno Days comin' up. Nah, they'd want me to BBQ some Johnsonville Sausages (previously boiled in beer) and served piping hot.

~Dave
Old 03-01-2003, 09:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes sir got me looking as well need new BBQ , looking at a weber&gt; here is a nice marinate for steaks! 1/2 cup chopped onion ,lemon juice, salad oil(olive oil) 1/2 tea salt, pepper, celery salt ,thyme, oregano, rosemary,1/4 cupcrushed garlic Blend in mixer marinate overnite, use to bast when BBQing. A couple of beer and eat.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:28 AM

Only in my dreams Dave. :'( :'( :'(<br>We might try doing a small scale cooking team after we get the big pit built. That is one expensive hobby that requires a lot of work.<br>I do love my Char-Broil grill at the house, just fire it up and go. I'd love having one of those shiny stainless grills, but wifey ain't about to let me spend more on a pit than I do on her gifts. ;D. And, shes informed me that the Durango isn't a gift even though we bought it on her birthday.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Dieselbuilder link=board=10;threadid=11639;start=0#110514 date=1046533031]<br>Yes sir got me looking as well need new BBQ , looking at a weber&gt; here is a nice marinate for steaks! 1/2 cup chopped onion ,lemon juice, salad oil(olive oil) 1/2 tea salt, pepper, celery salt ,thyme, oregano, rosemary,1/4 cupcrushed garlic Blend in mixer marinate overnite, use to bast when BBQing. A couple of beer and eat.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I bought a Weber last year. Love it. Get the 3-burner model so you can use it year-round. They told me the 2-burners don't get hot enough in the winter. <br><br>I just use Montreal Steak spice on my steaks. MadDog Ultra Hot BBQ sauce is good for chicken.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:36 AM

People think I'm crazy, but try marinating some chicken with a margarita. Throw on the grill with some garlic and pepper.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:13 AM

Come on guys, if you really want some fine BBQ get yourselves a Webber smoker. Ohhh, soooo good. Five hours at low heat and you will throw those fancy grillins away, away. Now they are OK for burgers and doggies, but real BBQ using rubs on the meat and getting that smoke ring around the meat - Whoaaa! ..It will send you into orbit. No grillin, just smokin.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:36 AM

[quote author=MrBilly link=board=10;threadid=11639;start=0#110719 date=1046610822]<br>Come on guys, if you really want some fine BBQ get yourselves a Webber smoker. Ohhh, soooo good. Five hours at low heat and you will throw those fancy grillins away, away. Now they are OK for burgers and doggies, but real BBQ using rubs on the meat and getting that smoke ring around the meat - Whoaaa! ..It will send you into orbit. No grillin, just smokin. <br>[/quote]<br><br>I agree with you 100% except for one small, minor, insignificant fact. My neighbors are quite close, a very city like environment. A couple years ago, I lit up the ol' BBQ and added some smokin' chips and never heard so much complainin' about &quot;environmental pollution&quot;. It's a new day now, unfortunately. In our neck of the woods, we have smoke density ordinances and the local EPA cops will check because some of the neighbors are a bunch of extremist greenies who are always calling if they see a whisp of smoke. Course, do you think I can get the barking dog ordinace enforced? But I digress. <br><br>Wheezer: I have a much better use for Margarita's. <br><br>~Dave
Old 03-02-2003, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention a excellent pork rib marinade. About 1/4 cup RealLemon, 1/4 cup oyster sauce, garlic powder and oregano to your liking. I boil my ribs for about 45 mins, brush the marinade on and let them sit for a couple hours. Then just warm the up on the BBQ for maybe 15-20 mins basting them a couple of times.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:00 AM

Smokin', yum. Reminds me of driving through Kentucky. We were so dry out here in Colorado last year, we couldn't use wood or charcoal even at our own home . We could use gas though ???. Snowed the last week and a half. Amounted to 2/10&quot; of water. At least we are getting it up in the mountains this year. Could even maybe get enough water in the lakes to float my boat !
Old 03-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Banned

I know this ain't ribs or steaks but what we have done on occasion is a dancing chicken. Get a can of beer, crack it open, stuff it in the cavity of a chicken, stand it on the grill med low heat,and let it cook a while till done. Good Sunday project, consume many beers between start and finish <br>This is all done on a weber 3 burner grill. Enjoy