Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Awesome brownie Recipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
if you did nothing wrong, why did you earn 3 negative points? where did your earlier posts go? cop or no cop. there are rules to be followed. do you agree with every law that you are required to enforce? you never speed in your personal vehicle? the admins and moderators have a job to do, just as you do. you cannot say that we all were not warned about inappropriate ingredients.
i believe that you deserve the - points. and I applaude jr and kemble for having patience, and thanks to texan for having enough class to admit when he breaks the rules.
Thanks for the comments, and the compliment. You did a fine job of saying what I was trying to get across.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Just remember it goes two ways BUD

whether you asked me or not, whether my name says admin or not, you post on a public forum, which I belong to and support, in an inappropriate manner, I will get involved. you insult "guam boy", I will get involved. Pm Lary, I hope he sets you straight. My opinion is worth as much as yours. I dont see myself getting negative points for MY opinion. Do you Bud?
I can give more than I get with my opinionsQ
Old 10-30-2006, 11:23 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by RAMROD2006
I can give more than I get with my opinionsQ
You're not gonna be satisfied till this thread's locked are you?

What a shame we all have to loose because a few can't seem to control themselves.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whether you asked me or not, whether my name says admin or not, you post on a public forum, which I belong to and support, in an inappropriate manner, I will get involved. you insult "guam boy", I will get involved. Pm Lary, I hope he sets you straight. My opinion is worth as much as yours. I dont see myself getting negative points for MY opinion. Do you Bud?

You bet your bippy buddy I hear you hummin!! LOUD and clear!!!

Rick
Old 10-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Banned

hey runamuk, now i'm getting bashed via pm about being a chapter pres. over this. whoo hoo. thanks dude.

can we just go back to brownies that i can make and feed to my children? please?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned

can we just go back to brownies that i can make and feed to my children? please?
The Betty Crocker ones are suprisingly good. But homemade is always better
Old 10-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Banned

i've got a recipe for dutch oven apple cobbler that is very easy to make, feeds an army, and is really good.

Apple Cobbler Deluxe
Filling Topping
8 cups Granny Smith apples; thinly sliced 2 cups flour
1 cup dried currants or raisins 2 cups sugar
1 cup sugar 2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cup coarsley chopped pecans; divided 2 eggs; well beaten
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter; melted

Prepare Filling: Place apples in a buttered 12" Dutch oven. Sprinkle raisins over the apples. In a separate bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and 1 cup of the pecans; stir to mix. Spinkle over top of apples.

Prepare Topping: In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl mix together eggs, evaporated milk and melted butter. Add liquid ingredients to dry all at once and mix until smooth. Pour batter over apples then sprinkle with remaining pecans.

Cover and bake for 45 to 60 minutes using 8-10 briquettes bottom and 14-16 briquettes top until topping is golden brown.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Serves: 12-14
Old 10-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned

I can cook, but I don't know how to make anything where at least one step isn't "look in the _____ and see what is in there I can use"
Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 PM

We'll leave the awesome brownies to Kemble.

How about some pie?

Rhubarb and Cottage Cheese Pie:

1)Combine 2 cups of dry cottage cheese, white sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1 egg yolk. Sugar to taste. Put in unbaked pie crust.

2)Combine 2 cups chopped rhubarb, 1 cup more or less white sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Boil until thickened. Spread on top of cheese mixture.

3)Cover with top pie crust, pinch edges to seal, make a few slits in top crust. Brush with beaten egg.

4)Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes. Don't fill pie too full because it will go over in the oven.

Btw, dry cottage cheese is the farm cottage cheese - mot the runny stuff in the plastic tub in the milf isle at the supermarket. If you know a Ukrainian Baba.....she'll know what you're looking for....check the farmer's markets.

Now, I don't normally like pie crust at all. My Mom has a great recipe for pie crust that is absolutely, unbelievable, awesome. I'll have to see if I can get her to devulge the secret.

The type of pie doesn't sound great I know, but try it! You'll see. If you don't like it, something went wrong. I'd have to figure a way to ship y'all a frozen pie from Mom.

And y'all thought I was kidding about the pie.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Banned

can you give an indication where to start with sugar to taste? i have this thing about tasting uncooked eggs. you know, with the salmonila scares and all. just a ballpark measured amount.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:03 AM

can you give an indication where to start with sugar to taste? i have this thing about tasting uncooked eggs. you know, with the salmonila scares and all. just a ballpark measured amount.
I can't give you an answer to that in an honest capacity - if it wasn't so late, I'd phone. I'm going to say a 1/2 cup sugar, but I'll call Mom tomorrow to find out for sure. I have never actually made it myself, but I'm a darn good taste tester.

I do know that the lower the amount of sugar, the more tangy it is. Kinda like a transition of a mouthful of flavour goodness between the cottage cheese and the sweet rubarb. I like mine a little more on the tangy side.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:29 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry guys. I wish I didn't have to do this, but you know the drill.