Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone elses dogs fight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crobtex

How small of a percentage of a child being maimed or killed is acceptable? Here locally, within the past couple of months, a family pet, Pitt bull, raised with them since a pup, attacked and killed an eight yo boy. The kids were on the floor rough housing and the dog went out of control.
OK you are right, after the first kid being hurt someone should have stepped in ( maybe the government )and tracked down ever pit bull in the country and killed the breed off cause their all bad.
You ever hear of mothers that kill their children? I remember just one case where a mother drown all her children in the bathtub . Do I think that actions like that are acceptable. No Do I think all mothers should should be quarantined from the rest of the world or snuffed out. No
Old 12-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not a very good comparison, but there have probably been more kids removed from dangerous homes than dangerous pet Pitt Bulls. l understand you taking up for your pet and I respect that. l don't necessairly think they should all be destroyed, but I do stand behind my original statement that they should be a one person dog and kept away from anyone else and all other pets.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:12 AM

Dogs are just like kids, a direct relfection of their owners / parents.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:47 AM

i have a friend that had two for years no prob then they get into it vet bill for one was over a grand, so he decided to get rid of one and the one that done all the damage was his wife little baby
Old 12-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Allways_Lost
I have a male and female pit both living together just fine. I have trained them myself, My 2 year old daughter plays with both of them, never a problem.

If it were my dog I would keep them apart either in crates or outside and inside. Feed them at different times. And slowly bring them back together over time.

If that dont work then I would get rid of the golden, just because she could still have a good home, but the pit is probly going to be put down, or adopted by the wrong person.

You really cant blame the dog for lack of training. I am not comeing at you with this. Its just uneducated people that think that pitbulls are killers and that it is in there blood to fight (as stated above) that give responsible owners and breeders a bad rap. They are game dogs like cocker spanials, kers, ect. Bred to hunt.

Here is alittle information for the interested:

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/america...ier-myths.html
That's what I would do....get rid of the dog that doesn't cause a problem, and keep the worthless dog(imo)....but I'm sure the pit is the best dog ever..... It would be a shame to have to kill such a good dog...one that fights every other dog it's around.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
There's good advice on the first page but this one has degenerated into another dog breed war.

It's done.