Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

żżż Break Room żżż 12/17 - 12/23

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this time didn't last near as long as last time for Beagle1. Ooh looks like their about to fight, we need the DTR Drill Instructor to teach bird avatar here how to fight. (Forget getting him to break up the fight, he just needs to make it even.) Anyone who cheats will have the older, more experienced, donuts sicked after them.
Muhatmaduallygandidogout
Old 12-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Flips on the lights and slings the trash cans down the barracks isle....OK you bunch of Mary's out of those racks and on your feet, we are burning daylight!

Now I can grab me a quick cuppa and head back to the recliner as my work here is done for the day Ahhh the sheer joy's of being the "Top"
Old 12-19-2006, 06:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin all, 2 cups of coffee down already. Top stole the recliner, looks like I might as well go to work.
The end of the year rush is on. Everybody wants everything done yesterday.
Can someone tell me when its over, cause i'm gonna need a nap.

Later,
Rich
Old 12-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Top's in the recliner?
I hope he saw that 1/2 tuna sammich I left there last night before he sits down.

Survived Monday.....now on to Tuesday.

Cooler weather stopping by...looks like the 70* days are gone for awhile.

Traffic is lighter as some folks are either taking time off, or heading outta town.

Y'all stay safe,
Old 12-19-2006, 06:35 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DERN THAT WAS LOUD and rude

I thought we were on Holiday routine this week!
begle,Fronty,no school-boy rough-housingin here! Now goto teh corner, your both in "Time-Out".....

Still havent got any shopping done for THE BOSS..........thinking maybe a gift subscription to the "Jelly of the Month" club or something...OHHH I know! some excersize equipment, some dumbells or something....

I found the missing fudge.. tis not missing anymore,I got it allaccounted for I'l be sure to tell The BOSS how much y'all enjoyed it

Well, everyone have agood'un and be safe...................CD
Old 12-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, Top. I had a little flashback when I read that. Make me want to quit my cushy office job I have now and go back to work. I got to let some kid have it yesterday, it was nice. Just like the old days. There was a crowd gathered by the time that I was done. Poor sailors have never seen the likes of me.
No too much planned today. Some 2 star is susposed to be coming by, and one of the other DTR members let me know that he knows someone going through recruit training, so I'm gonna pay the kid a visit to see how he is. I was made to promise that I would not do any thing bad to him. (feigned innocence...) I would never do ANYTHING like that... I wondered why he said that? I'm gonna leave the kid alone, no worries. Sad to say, the last few recruits that I visited suddendly lost a few extra pounds, and recieved a little extra attention.
Weather is going to be mid 70's here today. Still hoping for a white Christmas.

I got you, Beagle. After I show you some tricks, I'll put $20 on you, 3 to 1 odds.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Winter storm heading this way. Not sure which path it is going to take, but it's gonna be a good one. Time to stock up on fire wood, get the critters hay, load up sand bags in the bed of the CTD and get ready.

STAN! I love winter! Come on up! We'll go sledding!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:08 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Morning folks. Its a chilly 30'ish here in Phoenix this mornin. Gettin ready to head out for work. I'm likin this "colder" weather. Ah well, hope you guys have a good'n.

Josh
Old 12-19-2006, 09:22 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning. 3 different fatals yesterday guys. Wrong time of the year to be giving those kinds of gifts to your family. Take it easy out there guys.

Forwardingallcallstothejanitorsprivatelineandgonna relaxtodaydon
Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266

STAN! I love winter! Come on up! We'll go sledding!
Been there, done that, bruises now gone away. Thanks for the invite, but I have seen all too many winters with DEEEEEPPPP snow and cccccoooooollld temps, so have chosen to live in warm (not hot!) Mexico to escape all that. Have shoveled out too many stuck cars, including my own.
You guys and gals go ahead and enjoy it without me.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
..... and one of the other DTR members let me know that he knows someone going through recruit training, so I'm gonna pay the kid a visit to see how he is. I was made to promise that I would not do any thing bad to him. (feigned innocence...) I would never do ANYTHING like that... I wondered why he said that? I'm gonna leave the kid alone, no worries. Sad to say, the last few recruits that I visited suddendly lost a few extra pounds, and recieved a little extra attention.
Hehehehe ... nothing like having a Drill Instructor come give you a personal "Hello" from home !! I love it. The best part of bootcamp is watching someone else go thru it. That picture made Pepsi come out my nose ... that is what us people in the industry call "getting someones UNDIVIDED ATTENTION !!!" .

PISTOL
Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Hehehehe ... nothing like having a Drill Instructor come give you a personal "Hello" from home !! I love it. The best part of bootcamp is watching someone else go thru it. That picture made Pepsi come out my nose ... that is what us people in the industry call "getting someones UNDIVIDED ATTENTION !!!" .

PISTOL
Ever heard of Terry Tate? Office Linebacker? That's me.

"I know I said quit running your mouth and sit up straight!!! Not going to bring that humpty bumpty in my house!! WHOOO!!"
Old 12-19-2006, 10:45 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madhat
Ever heard of Terry Tate? Office Linebacker? That's me.

"I know I said quit running your mouth and sit up straight!!! Not going to bring that humpty bumpty in my house!! WHOOO!!"
there is a video of that on Military.com........ funny!!!!!!!

http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...yContent=89939

and while I am at it, Mad, you might like this one, at least I was impressed.....
http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...yContent=97257
Old 12-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

So, I'm sitting in my office doing some paperwork, and this Cpl from HQ company comes running around the corner, and says, "Quick!! Sgt Morton, the BN Commander needs to see you ASAP!!"
First off, a few alarm bells went off in my head. 1) he ran over here instead of calling, 2) some Lt had askes me for her number a few minutes ago, but would not tell me why he needed it, and, 3) I'm always prone to doing something illeagal to recruits, so I was trying to think of what I had done wrong. As we are both double timing over there, I asked what was up. He said that he did not know, but she (the CO) was talking to the XO, walked out of her office and said get me Sgt Morton NOW. I run inside, center myself on the hatch, and report. Mind you, I am in pretty dang good standing in the BN, I have a high profile job, and I seem to be doing it fairly well. I talk to the Bn Co almost every day.
She tells her XO, "Hang on for a second, I have to deal with something. Come out side with me, Sgt." So, now I'l really sweating bullets. Great. It's so bad, she's taking me outside. We walk outside, walk behind her truck, and says, "So, I got this bike for my daughter, and the gears are not shifting right..."

Crap.
So, for the next 45 minutes, I'm riding around PARRIS ISLAND in cammies and a campain cover on, on a purple girls bike. To make things worse, my SgtMaj came outside, and asked me why I was riding a, not purple, but LAVENDER girls bike.

Tomorrow should be fun...

littlelavenderridingbikehat
Old 12-19-2006, 03:22 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

She ask what the training wheels were for when you gave it back? Hope you wiped the boot pollish off the crank.

Quick Reply: żżż Break Room żżż 12/17 - 12/23