Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

żżż Break Room żżż 12/17 - 12/23

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I got five on at least a week.

Just got back from the vacation. Had a nice time. I'll post some pic's later, and tell a few embarrassing stories. I also have a real good picture for all my sailor buddies...
Old 12-17-2006, 06:10 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I see you and the inlaws survived... did you get them in shape or are they beyond help?
Old 12-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Chapter President

How's the donuts this week? Got my Christmas shopping done short of mom's. (haven't been to town to hunt anything for her down)(BTW I'm back in Big Spring for Christmas break) So that's why Beagle1 has been gone for so long, he's in school, bet if he does what he says, he'll be gone till the paper has to absolutely be in.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:16 PM

No doughnuts this week. We all need to trim down a bit before next weekend.

Everyone to the gym EVERYDAY this week. lets gte that heart rate up for 45 minutes/day
Old 12-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Well, I see you and the inlaws survived... did you get them in shape or are they beyond help?
No doughnuts this week. We all need to trim down a bit before next weekend.

Everyone to the gym EVERYDAY this week. lets gte that heart rate up for 45 minutes/day

Nah, the in-laws were last weekend. This weekend, me and the wife went to a resort off Hilton Head Is, it's a 45 minute ferry ride from HHI.
How about a little run? I'll be out around 0545, better bring some water. I knock out 3 miles in about 18:10 -18:40, depending on weather or not I've ate some of chaiwka's coffee first.
Stll working on the pics of the resort, it was really nice!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Muted User

If the Begle doesnt come back I guess I will have to go find him, for he will be around these parts come a week from now.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
Nah, the in-laws were last weekend. This weekend, me and the wife went to a resort off Hilton Head Is, it's a 45 minute ferry ride from HHI.
How about a little run? I'll be out around 0545, better bring some water. I knock out 3 miles in about 18:10 -18:40, depending on weather or not I've ate some of chaiwka's coffee first.
Stll working on the pics of the resort, it was really nice!
I hit 45 minutes on either the stairs or running the treadmill (easier to watch the hotties that way) atleast three mornings per week. I get started about 0600 and Im out by 0745 to make it to work by 0800.
I have also been known to hit it at lunch and lift weights instead of a greasy cheese burger (altho that is sounding really good these days).
Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, I try to wake up and do my PT on an empty stomach, around 0600. Run about 3-5 miles per day, depending on time allotting. When I lift, I lift in the evening.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:01 AM
DTR Mom

Talking DTR restored to Normal....Is begle1 gone? oh, that's why

GEICO!! you fantastic flyboy! just smile back there!

Fiver- so glad them thar wires got done PERFECT (sprinkling you in the wee hours through the bedroom window...) Enjoy your B day present from Canada and New York!

Really Begle1- great avatar but you think its tough? try making the maid/janitor into rambo on a thumbprint......he really doesn't get prettier either. get to work.....

Ed is now speaking Spanish? I am happy he needs more beer but curious if he has his green card on him...(no offense intended trabajar illegios) and why?

CHRISR- don't smoke the truck yet! well, that's the best I got... wiring just scares me and I could clean contacts for hours on the wrong harness well, stand back when you throw the flare.....

warm and now soggy here, makes for LOTS of work in the orchards.
no deer moving either but we have our choice of fox, cougar, beaver, and the lot. will be cutting up trees that uprooted from now till next Christmas..
tried to move some bedded deer over to where hubby was hunting with the four wheeler and my usual LET'S MAKE A NEW TRAIL style of riding (ran a bulldozer for 20 years before this 4x4). NOTHING was moving, too warm and wet and they could eat from where they lay. laugh too.

work bench is clean; most mechanical things are done or not even wanted to be started (shudder), and logs waiting to be cut can wait in this weather.
dishes done, house is clean and on the road I go......
FILL 'ER UP FELLAS and let's get to work! and LIKE IT!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Just praticing up on the Spanisho for the upcoming holiday family get togethers.
(Wifey is from Peru...that's as in S.America.... not Indiana )
Cerveza, Comida, Baño, Por favor, Gracias.
That's about all the Spanish I need to know to get by.

Monday AM, and (so far) all's well.
Hope the work load doesn't get nutzo before the end of the week.

Coffee maker's still chugging along.
Keeping an eye out for the donut guy so I can score a pink sprinkly one before Top 'Bogarts' all of 'em again.

Have a safe day,
Old 12-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone to the gym EVERYDAY this week.
I think NOT! I get enough exercise just doin' my job, I don't need to pay someone to tell me how to stretch or lift something! And I refuse to run! All this health stuff now-a-days...

's ready. Don't worry, it's GOOD for you!

chaikwa.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:58 AM

Mornin' all. first Saturday of the week for me

Getting cool in AZ and some showers forcast, and snow in the hi country.

Got the winter coats out of the storage building, gonna wear mine for the trip back to TX on the 3rd Saturday of the week. (Wednesday). Ship some back and take some in my luggage. Wife sez don't bring any of it into the 5er as havent got the ordor out from where the 'frig/freezer went south with stuff in it.

Suffering from lack of and food. I go see the Dr for a check up today.

FiverBob prolly recoving from his Birthday Party. Hi Bob.

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

I hit 45 minutes on either the stairs or running the treadmill (easier to watch the hotties that way) atleast three mornings per week. I get started about 0600 and Im out by 0745 to make it to work by 0800.
I have also been known to hit it at lunch and lift weights instead of a greasy cheese burger (altho that is sounding really good these days).
That's really good... I like the crosstrainer (low impact) on my gym days, sorry, no hotties here. I feel ya, though. Little extra motivation!

Originally Posted by jbjarko
Ya, I try to wake up and do my PT on an empty stomach, around 0600. Run about 3-5 miles per day, depending on time allotting. When I lift, I lift in the evening.
You should eat a little something, try a powerbar or granola bar 30 minutes before you start. Do some good warmup/stretching before hand.

I have been to numerous nutrition classes, and I'm a PT instructor, if anyone would like some free advice. (not just Marine Corps advice, it's civilian frendly.)

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I think NOT! I get enough exercise just doin' my job, I don't need to pay someone to tell me how to stretch or lift something! And I refuse to run! All this health stuff now-a-days...

's ready. Don't worry, it's GOOD for you!

chaikwa.
I did not know that you got exercise just THINKING about pushing a broom or WONDERING if you should make more coffee... Osmosis? LMK about that.

Fair to midlin mornin. Wrapped the last of the kids presants last night, if you've never seen a male Marine Drill Instructor wrap gifts, it's funny. I was frustrated. While I was at that fancy schmancy resort, we went to this high class resturant. Long story short, while trying to eat my scalding hot cajun soup, I spilled most of it on my leg. Only my wife saw it, while she promptly shot the coke that she had been drinking only a moment before straight out her nose. I sat through the rest of dinner with my tender little thigh scalded to about a 3rd degree burn. The server was like, would you like a to-go bag, Sir? I said, no, I have it on my pants already. Thanks, though!!

NEVER, NEVER take a jarhead anywhere fancy!!

rubbingsalveonmylegburnthatout
Old 12-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mornin gang,

Another gorgeous morning down here - - reaching into the 80's again today - - left the Ac on - - a little too humid for in the house but sure nice outside.

Yeh, recovering from birthday party - - or rather from the lousy tooth - - at least I got a decent nights sleep. Been running all around the yard collecting all the presents that were scudded in yesterday. Couldn't see it all when I came home in the dark last night. Sure made a mess in the yard - - it's the stuff on the roof that was tough. Purple and Pink Speedos plastered all over the roof. Neighbors really enjoyed it. These Yankees have those coordinates in too good - - better move again. Those snowball scuds might do some damage to the White Ghost.

Hey, coffee is still fresh - - thanks Chaikwa - - guess I will eat some.

Gotta go change some oil and do some work to mama's limo. See ya.

Bob
Old 12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Morning guys..........and lady's

Not much happenign 'round these parts today...still havent thought of a gift for the BOSS for Christmas...maybe some new cookware...

The BOSS spent all day yesterday making fudge and chocolate-covered Cherrys.... and of course I am not allowed to even sample them..."the kids are coming over on Christmas and the chocolates are for THEM.." Like, what, I dont deserve any??????????????

Fortunatly she also made some for me to bring to work"for the guys" and a tray for here in teh breakroom......but unfortunatly they seem to have been misplaced.......

I keep looking and let you guys know if I find them..............

wipingthechocolateoffmylipsandsearchingforthebreak roomsfudge.............CD

Quick Reply: żżż Break Room żżż 12/17 - 12/23