Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

**Par-tay Recovery Room 7/6-7/12**

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 05:59 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**Par-tay Recovery Room 7/6-7/12**

Morning all. Come on in, take a breath, relax from the long weekend. We've all bee running around, busy as ever with work, with fun, with life.

Big spread on the counter. Fresh hot coffee going, PHOO has been put on reserve for Mr Bob. Sausage and bacon in the pan. Eggs under the heating lamp. Cereal and oatmeal.

Come on in, get filled
Old 07-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
<--- Top stumbles in and grabs a cup of Joe after a long night of feeding the fire under the Still......Great Breakfast Shorts Thanks!

Off to clean up my mess and piddle around in the garage for awhile
Old 07-06-2014, 07:45 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning Top. The labors of love never sleep
Old 07-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning Top. The labors of love never sleep
Morning "M" This is true The world needs more rust remover
Old 07-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
G'mornin
Old 07-06-2014, 10:03 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

it's BACON!!!!!! num num num num Bacon!

can't help but smile when that commercial comes on!!!

second son out helping down walnut trees and remove branches.

hit big fireworks display last night, all by donations- about 5,000 people come out for games, prizes and um, yes- loud bright controlled explosions.
great show, clear 66 degree night, spoiled by traffic delays exiting of 45 minutes. then at next intersection 10 miles down the road, another 30 minute crawl. left or right folks, not that hard.

wanting hash browns for some reason....Thanks for the coffee n meats!

'new' cat stood off two dogs. chased the pit bull out of the fenced area, then stalked the terrier/retriever mix and backed that up. all with no teeth.
I saw it's eyes, wow. intent is everything.....

might head down to BIL's place for more fireworks tonight, who knows.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
might head down to BIL's place for more fireworks tonight, who knows.
I have a few mortar shells left, thinking of putting them upside-down in the trash barrel, then tossing in a little paper to light them with. And standing back. And hoping the barrel holds the explosion in.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:05 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Afternoon all. Hey Shorts, great spread. Thanks for starting the new breakroom. I nominate Shorts to start the breakroom every Sunday like this. Everybody in favour, raise your hand and say AYE.

Just came back from helping out a damsel in distress. Her husband is away and she called to tell me that her car is making "grinding noises". What can be deduced from that when a female says that? Her car is a late model Ford Focus made in Spain. Being the helpful gentleman that I am, I took a drive over and took a look. Figured out that the rear engine support has broken. No way I am going to tackle that, so going to follow her tomorrow morning and have the local Ford rip off artist fix it. She needs Freon as well, so they can (hopefully) fix everything in one go.

We were out yesterday afternoon with a bunch of 'Merkin and Canadian expats. They get together every Independence Day (or the closest Saturday) for a party. An odd assortment of people. Will be kind and call them eclectic. It is always a pot luck dinner and always too much to eat.

Slaving away here almost every day doing some major changes to our front yard and parking area. Friday I dismantled the large fountain in front of the house. Made extensive use of the winch on the truck to tear apart the large stones used in the fountain construction. That saved me a lot of time. The winch is rated at 12,000 lbs and at one time it was dragging the entire truck with all 4 wheels locked and left skin marks on my interlocking brick. It was backbreaking work. Still need to lay a new line for the new outside water tap, relocate 3 outside lights on a concrete wall, lay lots of new interlocking brick and more. Phew, just writing about all this makes me tired. Another week and I hope to have most of the work completed.

Today is my day of rest. Heading out with friends in about 1.5 hours for a nice Mexican lunch. Anybody want to join us?
Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 PM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts
Mornin, or afternoon whichever be your case. Back to rain and cooler today. I don't to so hot in the heat.
Use to be a day when damsels would ask me for help. Now they call the cops on me.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Worst we ever did was drop Munster cheese down a bully's car heater vents. That stuff smells bad enough cold.
Someone dumped a bunch of mint snuff into the cowl on the Amigo right after I got it. Travis thought it was probably someone I beat at pool that night because he didn't know anyone who would do something like that to him. Luckily I was able to fish it out. Smells good, but it was overpowering with the heat going.
One day someone did tick me off enough that I sprayed 5th wheel lube (think heavy grease with a gear oil smell) in all the lock slots, under the tailgate handle, and under the door handles, of his white S10. And in the padlock of the box in the bed, too.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Got a few stiches in my ear again. No big deal, just a bit leftover from the last time. kept rolling over on it last night, so not much sleep. However, that made a great reason for getting in a nap today!

Took the BOSS out to replace a frayed POW/MIA Flag this morning. Gave us both a treat and took the old Magnum. I think she is ready to spend a bit more on it and fix the A/C!

Gave a great week. After the breakfast SHORTS made, remember to eat light for a few days!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
when it comes to harmless fun, think hot day, polymer snow "the movie stuff" and a/c vents. dump a bunch in the hvac system, and watch what happens when they turn the a/c on full. looks just like a yelling, swearing snowglobe... and I Never did that.

happy Sunday
Old 07-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Two tornadoes on the ground about 180 miles nw of here yesterday for 45 minutes. Baseball size hail destroyed many homes cars and boats. Then the waves on a small lake reached 5 ft high and washed away all the sand bag dykes and several homes at crooked lake.
Premier of the province has asked for 100 million from the fed gov. Estimated damage over 360 million to 400 million.

Crazy weather.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:24 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is crazy weather.

Evening all,
All the work Stan was doing has made me tired.
The rest of you keep up the no work, it doesn't make me look as bad.

Originally Posted by cougar
Use to be a day when damsels would ask me for help. Now they call the cops on me.
Yeah. And the ones who don't call the cops seem to keep a hand in their purse, probably clutching a taser, spray or a gun.
Its the ones who point at me and tell their children "see, that's the kind I was talking about" that hurt my feelings.

Ohhh, now I gotta dig out Jethro Tull and listen to Aqualung and Locomotive Breath:
-Sitting on the park bench --
eyeing little girls with bad intent.
-Snot is running down his nose --
greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
et cetera

Songs were so much more meaningful back then.
`
Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
but you have to admit something. when you're walking down the street, and you can hear people locking their car doors as you pass.... there's a feeling of security. guess I must be one of "those people" too.

and from where I occupy space, I'm somehow perfectly at ease with it all. as well as the knowledge that I'm usually the first call when there's a problem that needs solved. so what was that about books and covers???

Sunday, breezy and undecided. underwear drawer got the best of me... again.

prairie people, hope the worst has passed, and clear skies ensue, with just the rain for crops to flourish.

remember, tomorrow's Monday. aim low, reach your goals, avoid disappointment.

Quick Reply: **Par-tay Recovery Room 7/6-7/12**